Sponsored

M.R.F.O.R.D.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Ya as per ford at the moment they said the dealer can only replace the apim to fix the issue Until they come out with a fix to wait. I don’t want the dash torn out if a easy Update will fix it.

Just to a confirm again your sync version and revision are blanked out ?
As well you can’t turn on auto updates or update notifications? Or set a update time or day etc? Just to be sure we are having the same issue.
If so ya I’ll just wait
Thanks!
Version and Revision are blanked out. Can't turn on auto updates of notifications.
Sponsored

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
Version and Revision are blanked out. Can't turn on auto updates of notifications.
Ok so same problem as me and a lot of others
I’ll wait till the “fix” before I either bring it in or if it’s OTA even better.
Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) 5.0L RockyRidge K2
I have this same issue as well. It did do the 1.6 update, then the 1.4, now everything is grayed out and auto updates and scheduling is in a off state. Website shows expired for 1.7 also.

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
I have this same issue as well. It did do the 1.6 update, then the 1.4, now everything is grayed out and auto updates and scheduling is in a off state. Website shows expired for 1.7 also.
Same here exactly I got both 1.6 and 1.4 just have to wait till they fix 1.7

JaHoova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew XLT Powerboost
I've been having the same issues with auto update being greyed out. Dealer tried to manually update the APIM today but he said it was taking longer than usual and appeared frozen but was still taking data. They're gonna leave it on a charger overnight and see what happens. If it doesn't take they're probably replacing the APIM. Hopefully that isn't backordered for months...

Sponsored

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
I've been having the same issues with auto update being greyed out. Dealer tried to manually update the APIM today but he said it was taking longer than usual and appeared frozen but was still taking data. They're gonna leave it on a charger overnight and see what happens. If it doesn't take they're probably replacing the APIM. Hopefully that isn't backordered for months...
If you don’t want the dash torn apart to replace the apim just wait there will be a fix where they won’t have to.

JaHoova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you don’t want the dash torn apart to replace the apim just wait there will be a fix where they won’t have to.
Any ideas on how long that's gonna take? Tearing the dash up doesn't totally bother me since I will end up doing some of that for my ham radio addiction hobby anyway. But if the fix is soon and the dealer attempt to update the APIM didn't leave it inoperable I may have to ask them about that.

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
Any ideas on how long that's gonna take? Tearing the dash up doesn't totally bother me since I will end up doing some of that for my ham radio addiction hobby anyway. But if the fix is soon and the dealer attempt to update the APIM didn't leave it inoperable I may have to ask them about that.
Not to sure. But if nothing is actually wrong you may as well wait.

Foxtrot150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 302A PB SCrew 6.5
FWIW, My dealership tried to update module (APIM?) twice (in October & November), and it stalled for 3 hours each time and failed. There was a mention of possibly replacing gateway module as well. So frustrating.

JaHoova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
After some back and forth with the dealer and Ford, they will not be replacing my APIM. Seems Ford is no longer authorizing that based on a fix that is in the works like Zeromarine said. I wonder how long that's gonna take and how likely it is that a software update will fix a module that won't accept software updates

Sponsored

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
After some back and forth with the dealer and Ford, they will not be replacing my APIM. Seems Ford is no longer authorizing that based on a fix that is in the works like Zeromarine said. I wonder how long that's gonna take and how likely it is that a software update will fix a module that won't accept software updates
Hard to say
But I did find this on the Mache site.

It doesn’t say anything about not being able to turn updates in etc. as I have never seen a failed update notification even though it has essentially. Maybe they are going to have a OTA and this is just for the dealers if someone has a issue and brings it in instead etc.

SSM 50383 - 10 Jan 2022 - 2021 F-150/Mustang Mach-E - Over-The-Air (OTA) Failed Message In The Center Touchscreen / SYNC Software Does Not Download From The USB

Some 2021 F-150/Mustang Mach-E vehicles may display OTA Update Not Successful messages on the vehicle’s center touchscreen. Also, when a software update is being performed on the accessory protocol interface module (APIM) using the FDRS, the center touchscreen may not indicate the APIM software is downloading when plugging a USB drive into the vehicle. This may be due to an APIM software concern.Inform customers that Ford is currently working on a solution for this condition that is to be released via the Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS) in February 2022. Inform the customer that they can continue to drive the vehicle and only need to schedule a follow-up appointment if they are still experiencing the OTA Update Not Successful message in March 2022 or if the APIM is not able to beupdated via the FDRS. Monitor OASIS for updates

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High
I'm certainly not as knowledgeable as some others here, but based on my personal saga with these Sync issues and what I'm seeing on owner forums, it seems that SSM50383 is the proposed fix for those of us with pre-July2021 builds. My dealer told me Feb 22nd is the expected release date, although most references to it simply suggest sometime in February.

There seems to be some doubt as to whether or not it will be able to be pushed OTA or if a delaer install will be required.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I did have my APIM replaced during my most recent service. It had no effect whatsoever on my truck's ability to update or any of my other Sync issues. ?‍♂

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
I'm certainly not as knowledgeable as some others here, but based on my personal saga with these Sync issues and what I'm seeing on owner forums, it seems that SSM50383 is the proposed fix for those of us with pre-July2021 builds. My dealer told me Feb 22nd is the expected release date, although most references to it simply suggest sometime in February.

There seems to be some doubt as to whether or not it will be able to be pushed OTA or if a delaer install will be required.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I did have my APIM replaced during my most recent service. It had no effect whatsoever on my truck's ability to update or any of my other Sync issues. ?‍♂
That sux. They just ordered one for mine.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
My truck had been stuck with the OTA on 1.7.1 officially from the website, however this morning I'm showing this:
Ford F-150 OTA Status Hidden in the Ford Website IMG_1912

Granted it failed, and manually updating via USB is failing as well but at least the truck is trying to get up to date.
Sponsored