Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Ok sounds good! So ford won’t send it out as a new updated OTA for people that maybe have no idea that it expired as most people won’t check online with the guide on this website?

In saying that What do I tell them exactly when I go? I want my truck updated to 1.7.1?

Even tho ford early access says they have a fix coming for it? Not sure if it will be OTA or not they haven’t said.
Thanks for the info tho!
Tsb 2130 reference apim issues that tsb will recommend them to update the apim

1.7.1 is the apim update to 21146 that was all that update did
Sponsored

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
I know I’ve checked which update I currently have before, but now I can’t seem to find it. “System updates” just says my software is up to date. Also, I can’t select automatic updates or notifications.

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
Tsb 2130 reference apim issues that tsb will recommend them to update the apim

1.7.1 is the apim update to 21146 that was all that update did
2310 you mean ? Sorry
Will they be able to if my auto update/notifications won’t turn on etc or should I wait for the fix from ford ?
And thank you!

Last edited:

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
2310 you mean ? Sorry
Will they be able to if my auto update/notifications won’t turn on etc or should I wait for the fix from ford ?
And thank you!
Yes that tsb steps them into manually updating the apim.

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
Yes that tsb steps them into manually updating the apim.
Ok sounds good just to make sure I don’t waste my time at the dealer. They can update it even if my version info etc won’t show ? And I can’t turn on auto updates etc? Or should I wait for a fix from ford before going ? Thanks

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Ok sounds good just to make sure I don’t waste my time at the dealer. They can update it even if my version info etc won’t show ? And I can’t turn on auto updates etc? Or should I wait for a fix from ford before going ? Thanks
Im sorry I dont know your exact situation meaning what the precursor was to your current state.

Was it an OTA attempt and then its blank or the dealers tried and it went blank.

If you told me I am sorry I am trying to keep up with the various different situations.

This happens when an update did not complete.

Since it did not complete it can be reinstalled.

I cant comment as to the ability of your dealer some have been quite capable and some have no clue as to what they are doing.

Some of the bad experience comes from a total lack of experience on the dealer side. That TSB does a great job of laying out the instructions and yet they dont follow them.

You can reinstall the update, even with the current state of your apim.

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
Im sorry I dont know your exact situation meaning what the precursor was to your current state.

Was it an OTA attempt and then its blank or the dealers tried and it went blank.

If you told me I am sorry I am trying to keep up with the various different situations.

This happens when an update did not complete.

Since it did not complete it can be reinstalled.

I cant comment as to the ability of your dealer some have been quite capable and some have no clue as to what they are doing.

Some of the bad experience comes from a total lack of experience on the dealer side. That TSB does a great job of laying out the instructions and yet they dont follow them.

You can reinstall the update, even with the current state of your apim.
Sorry about that
Yes there was a OTA attempt and when I looked online it said expired. My sync version and revision is blank now. And I can’t turn on auto updates / update notifications/ or set a time and day for updates etc.
In saying that, as you said the dealer should still be able to update it ?
I’m getting conflicting info from early access ford said if I’m having the issue to wait for a fix and the only thing they can do at the moment is replace the apim until the fix comes out. I just don’t want to waste the dealers time if I have to wait for a certain fix anyway? Thanks.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Sorry about that
Yes there was a OTA attempt and when I looked online it said expired. My sync version and revision is blank now. And I can’t turn on auto updates / update notifications/ or set a time and day for updates etc.
In saying that, as you said the dealer should still be able to update it ?
I’m getting conflicting info from early access ford said if I’m having the issue to wait for a fix and the only thing they can do at the moment is replace the apim until the fix comes out. I just don’t want to waste the dealers time if I have to wait for a certain fix anyway? Thanks.
You can wait or try to manually update,

I would suggest, strongly suggest that you go forward with getting it updated manually if possible. I have a strong feeling that in the current state of it that any future updates will not install unless there is some way for the update to verify current version.

There is a version checker in the manifest. I think that when it goes to check and there is no return it will fail.

M.R.F.O.R.D.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I am at the dealer right now. They were able to update the Gateway module. They told me that they to also tried to update the radio but everything is still grayed out and you still can't see the software version. They have open a case with Ford.

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
I am at the dealer right now. They were able to update the Gateway module. They told me that they to also tried to update the radio but everything is still grayed out and you still can't see the software version. They have open a case with Ford.
Thats what I’m thinking that ford is still working on a fix for that and that’s what they mentioned in the email to me.
So what your saying is they can’t update anything until ford comes out with a fix for this problem? (I’m guessing your having the same issue as myself and others?)
Thanks !

Sponsored

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
You can wait or try to manually update,

I would suggest, strongly suggest that you go forward with getting it updated manually if possible. I have a strong feeling that in the current state of it that any future updates will not install unless there is some way for the update to verify current version.

There is a version checker in the manifest. I think that when it goes to check and there is no return it will fail.
Ill have them check when I bring it in for a seal replacement in a couple weeks regardless. See what they say.
Thanks for the info

M.R.F.O.R.D.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I talk to the person that worked on my truck. He did this TSB Various SYNC4 Concerns 21-2310. After the update the radio still not showing the update. So they did try to update it. But he hasn't seen this issue before.
Thats what I’m thinking that ford is still working on a fix for that and that’s what they mentioned in the email to me.
So what your saying is they can’t update anything until ford comes out with a fix for this problem? (I’m guessing your having the same issue as myself and others?)
Thanks !
I talk to the person that worked on my truck. He did this TSB Various SYNC4 Concerns 21-2310. After the update the radio still not showing the update. So they did try to update it. But he hasn't seen this issue before.

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a

Sounds like we have to wait for ford to come out with the fix for this is what it sounds like. In their email to me they stated one is coming. I wonder if I should even have them try the tsb? Or just wait till the fix comes out as I’m sure my results will be the same as yours.

I would guess lots haven’t seen the issue yet as most people never take them in for things like this who knows.

I’m thinking I may just wait for the fix before I have them waste their time on the tsb.
Thanks for the info!

M.R.F.O.R.D.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Sounds like we have to wait for ford to come out with the fix for this is what it sounds like. In their email to me they stated one is coming. I wonder if I should even have them try the tsb? Or just wait till the fix comes out as I’m sure my results will be the same as yours.

I would guess lots haven’t seen the issue yet as most people never take them in for things like this who knows.

I’m thinking I may just wait for the fix before I have them waste their time on the tsb.
Thanks for the info!
I would just wait it out. On my page from the dealer it says : "send request in to hotline waiting for approval". I wonder if they will replace the APIM. If thats the case I might just wait it out.

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
I would just wait it out. On my page from the dealer it says : "send request in to hotline waiting for approval". I wonder if they will replace the APIM. If thats the case I might just wait it out.
Ya as per ford at the moment they said the dealer can only replace the apim to fix the issue Until they come out with a fix to wait. I don’t want the dash torn out if a easy Update will fix it.

Just to a confirm again your sync version and revision are blanked out ?
As well you can’t turn on auto updates or update notifications? Or set a update time or day etc? Just to be sure we are having the same issue.
If so ya I’ll just wait
Thanks!
Sponsored