OTA Ford Power-Up 3.5.3 and upcoming Alexa Built-in roll-out

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost
Morning and Happy Thanksgiving!

I have read through this whole thread and am a bit stumped in the versions.

My truck has gotten a few updates, but I’m still on 2.7.4. Seems like most of y’all are on 3.3 or 3.4.

Am I doing something wrong? I have auto updates on.

I have a 21 F150 XLT Powerboost.
Ford F-150 OTA Ford Power-Up 3.5.3 and upcoming Alexa Built-in roll-out 46867231-D0BC-45F5-95BE-DB9960970915
Ford F-150 OTA Ford Power-Up 3.5.3 and upcoming Alexa Built-in roll-out D857273F-166D-4CE1-A895-B6EC414D6B81
Sponsored

Ang

First Name
Ang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford f150
Good day! Same problem as the above poster. I did have the ford dealership to change the update module as it had bricked itself and since then I received a bunch of updates but nothing after the trailer recall 22s17 update.
Both the ford website and sync say that the vehicle is up to date but clearly it is far behind on updates.

Any suggestions?
Thank you!

Ford F-150 OTA Ford Power-Up 3.5.3 and upcoming Alexa Built-in roll-out 20221124_125149

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Morning and Happy Thanksgiving!

I have read through this whole thread and am a bit stumped in the versions.

My truck has gotten a few updates, but I’m still on 2.7.4. Seems like most of y’all are on 3.3 or 3.4.

Am I doing something wrong? I have auto updates on.

I have a 21 F150 XLT Powerboost.
This means you are still missing 2.8.1, 2.8.2, 2.8.3, the two small patches you get before 3.5.2, then 3.5.2. It is possible and likely that you will get 3.5.2 before you get the previous ones. There is no way to trigger the OTA getting sent to you.....you just have to wait. Or, spend the money and update it yourself like many of us have done.

If you don't have a battery charger, get one. You will need that and a prayer to get 2.8.1 to install once they send it to you.

Good day! Same problem as the above poster. I did have the ford dealership to change the update module as it had bricked itself and since then I received a bunch of updates but nothing after the trailer recall 22s17 update.
Both the ford website and sync say that the vehicle is up to date but clearly it is far behind on updates.

Any suggestions?
Thank you!

Asides from praying to the OTA gods for them to shine down on you, there isn't much you can do other than updating the truck yourself which will cost time and money.
Same response applies to you.

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost
This means you are still missing 2.8.1, 2.8.2, 2.8.3, the two small patches you get before 3.5.2, then 3.5.2. It is possible and likely that you will get 3.5.2 before you get the previous ones. There is no way to trigger the OTA getting sent to you.....you just have to wait. Or, spend the money and update it yourself like many of us have done.

If you don't have a battery charger, get one. You will need that and a prayer to get 2.8.1 to install once they send it to you.

Same response applies to you.
Gotcha. Thanks a bunch.

Why are there such huge discrepancies between versions people have? Seems really strange.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Gotcha. Thanks a bunch.

Why are there such huge discrepancies between versions people have? Seems really strange.
There are no discrepancies. Every job 1 truck owner gets the same updates in the same order (except for 3.5.2 and the small patches that come before it that will pop up randomly regardless of what power up version you're on). There is just no systematic way in which you get them as timing goes. How Ford decides when and to who the updates get sent out is a mystery as far as I know. When I got sent 2.7.1 and it failed, I had to wait months for it to be sent again and when it failed again, I bought the mongoose and did it myself with Jesse's guidance.

Sponsored

LostBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White F150 XLT 5.0
When someone has some free time would you mind taking a look at my vin please? 1FTFW1E50MKD00781

To the best of my knowledge i have turned on automatic updates and set a schedule. I bought the vehicle used last month and dont have much of an idea what version it's on. Greatly appreciated! Thank you.

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
I have a Noco Genius 10 that I've been setting up on the 12V POWER SUPPLY mode overnight lately (low temps in the teens F). The POWER SUPPLY mode supplies 13.6V continuously. I'm decent with electronics and have a basic understanding of electrical systems, but I'm drawing a blank on this: will leaving my truck connected to a 13.6V power supply source (connected at the battery/terminals) do any damage to my battery (ie overcharge it)?

The reason I'm doing this is to not have a pending 3.5.3 OTA Power-Up fail due to low voltage.

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
... With my iPhone 12, lately I have to turn Bluetooth off and plug it in to USB to get CarPlay reliably working...
I've been fussing with this issue ever since owning my PB. It's occasional enough to not go crazy over it but it is frustrating. I found that doing the 'cancel Bluetooth' and try to restart Car Play is not the ticket. Bluetooth will just re-enable every time for me. What I do is pull my lightning cable (if attached for charging), select airplane mode for a few seconds, then turn it off. This will reset the phone to cell, Bluetooth, & WiFi. THEN I select Car Play on the truck's screen. Most of the time it pops up before I do that but sometimes I have to tell it to start.
Lastly, I reboot my phone more often now which is another solution.

STILL Patiently waiting for all the 'goodies' updates for full screen enabling and the different GUI.
I REALLY wish Ford gave us customizable displays such as choosing colors & graphics. I like the "Sport" mode colors but wish that could be set as default without being in that mode.
My wife's 2018 Wrangler had a bunch of different graphics and colors to choose from. Not just the console screen but the dash gauges as well. And I found the Jeep's screen resolutions to be cleaner. I'm not disappointed in mine but I know it could be better. She now has a 2020 Mustang GT Premium with the 12" digital gauge package that's somewhat customizable with different gauge styles and color options. But they center console screen is still a low res fuzzy & ugly screen?? WTH? I know this isn't the Mustang forum but I wonder if the newer 8" screen the F-150 STX's would fit and work? At least the resolution is better... :unsure:

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
When someone has some free time would you mind taking a look at my vin please? 1FTFW1E50MKD00781

To the best of my knowledge i have turned on automatic updates and set a schedule. I bought the vehicle used last month and dont have much of an idea what version it's on. Greatly appreciated! Thank you.
You're getting updates. You're behind, but I see you got 2.7.3 and 2.7.4 in October. You also had both of the small patches you get before 3.5.2 sent to you; one installed correctly and the other one timed out on 10/25 due to a server/cloud issue....most likely on Ford's side. Make sure you have battery charger handy as you will need it whenever they send you 2.8.1.

LostBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White F150 XLT 5.0
You're getting updates. You're behind, but I see you got 2.7.3 and 2.7.4 in October. You also had both of the small patches you get before 3.5.2 sent to you; one installed correctly and the other one timed out on 10/25 due to a server/cloud issue....most likely on Ford's side. Make sure you have battery charger handy as you will need it whenever they send you 2.8.1.
Thank you so much for your time and insight! Really glad to know everything is working as it should.

Sponsored

German418

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 150
Can someone check my vin?
1FTEW1EP0NFA63524

I think I currently have 3.5.2. Not sure really. Is Forscan worth it? I see all this changes made and want to give it a go but worried about warranty, etc.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
1FTEW1EP0NFA63524

I think I currently have 3.5.2. Not sure really. Is Forscan worth it? I see all this changes made and want to give it a go but worried about warranty, etc.
Welcome to the forum. @rugedraw could you check OTA status for @German418.

You wouldn't use forscan to complete missing updates. You would need to purchase a license to Ford's fdrs system to update your truck yourself, there's an extensive thread here on this . and No, updating your truck yourself will not effect your warranty. You would be using the same software that your dealership would.

Last edited:

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Welcome to the forum. @rugedraw could you check OTA status for @German418.

You wouldn't use forscan to complete missing updates. You would need to purchase a license to Ford's fdrs system to update your truck yourself, there's an extensive thread here on this . and No, updating your truck yourself will not effect your warranty. You would be using the same software that your dealership would.
He has a 2022, so his truck was built with everything under 3.5.2 already. I'll check tomorrow from the office if he got 3.5.2 yet, but he doesn't need to manually update unless he can't live without full screen AA/Android Auto.

AdamsCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0
Could someone check my VIN? I’m crossing my fingers for full screen CarPlay but haven’t gotten the update yet.

1FTEW1C51MFA65864

Thanks!

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
1FTEW1EP0NFA63524

Weird. It shows 3.5.2 installed on 9/15, and then Ford sent it to you again on 10/27 and it failed. However, it only failed because it was trying to install and update that had already been installed.

Could someone check my VIN? I’m crossing my fingers for full screen CarPlay but haven’t gotten the update yet.

1FTEW1C51MFA65864

Thanks!
The latest power up update you got was 2.7.3, so you still got ways to go to be fully updated, but you are getting updates which is a good thing.

Ford is not rolling out the update for full screen yet. We are all waiting for it. Only a few lucky people got it well over a month ago before they stopped pushing it out. Most people that have only have it because they updated their trucks manually with FDRS.
Sponsored