OTA Ford Power-Up 3.5.3 and upcoming Alexa Built-in roll-out

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
My April '22 build, so I'm guessing is at the tail end of job 1, has version 22012 and has never had an update to my knowledge other than the recent 3.5.2 power up. As you said, it's all over the place and has no apparent logic. It's just chaotic.
I could be wrong but I believe April 22, at least some moment in April, put your build as a Job2 truck.
You would definitely have had Alexa.
You would have had Bluecruise (if equipped)

And FDRS would ONLY have had the trailer brake module update available.

Since then you would probably have had only one OTA, 3.5.2, which would be the GWM prep for the APIM update that is currently rolling out.

You very likely have an ABS update and a TCU update available now as well?

Regardless, your truck is very close to what is currently being built. Other than the possibility of your Bluecruise map date going stale, you shouldn't be aware of any shortcomings in your truck except what this forum, and it's troublemaker's, have made you aware of? 🤣😎
Sponsored

Skier167

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
I can see the OTA trigger was sent to you on 10/10, and it downloaded some of the files, but most of the files are still pending downloading. Have you tried checking for updates on the settings menu of your touch screen? There is no error code as to why the other files aren't downloading. There isn't much you can do but make sure your truck has a good connection and hope the files download before the OTA campaign expires. If that happens, you will have to patiently wait for another push to be sent to your truck.
I’ve been checking for updates on the screen in settings but the update now is grayed out and when I do click it it says my system is up to date. Truck is sitting in the same place in my garage connected to my 5g Wi-Fi network.

Demps

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
2021 Job 1 F-150 Limited PB updated via OTA to 3.5.2. Eagerly waiting for 3.5.3.

Dealer updated to BlueCruise. As most dealers they managed to put the battery into deep sleep.

Is the battery condition affecting the OTA update? Would driving when I receive notice (auto update is off) overcome any battery issues? Drive a couple of days each week 1 1/2 to 2 hours, have a 2-hour layover then a return trip.

Thanks for your help

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
took some snapshots this morning
to show the different screens and how you can see they are still close to the non unreal engine, but the new screens are bit softer looking and mine are still lighter blue vice the darker blue contrast i had with no unreal updates.
still dropping pandora after you shut off truck and then restart later. seems weird.
but if i have pandora logged in prior to entering the truck ..its there???

Ford F-150 OTA Ford Power-Up 3.5.3 and upcoming Alexa Built-in roll-out oct 19 unreal engine (1)

Ford F-150 OTA Ford Power-Up 3.5.3 and upcoming Alexa Built-in roll-out oct 19 unreal engine (2)

Ford F-150 OTA Ford Power-Up 3.5.3 and upcoming Alexa Built-in roll-out oct 19 unreal engine (3)

Ford F-150 OTA Ford Power-Up 3.5.3 and upcoming Alexa Built-in roll-out oct 19 unreal engine (4)

Ford F-150 OTA Ford Power-Up 3.5.3 and upcoming Alexa Built-in roll-out oct 19 unreal engine (5)

Ford F-150 OTA Ford Power-Up 3.5.3 and upcoming Alexa Built-in roll-out oct 19 unreal engine (6)

Ford F-150 OTA Ford Power-Up 3.5.3 and upcoming Alexa Built-in roll-out oct 19 unreal engine (7)

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
I don't know what "job" my truck is, but its a 2022 received in dec of 2021.

Received a notice of the 3.5.2 power up installed today. Not sure if it happened last night or what.

The interesting thing is I tried to chat through the ford pass app about this on monday. Just wanted to know if I had it already or what level I was on, as I've never seen a notice even though I got an email weeks back that it was coming. But they couldn't help me and directed me to call a number. I can't while working so I ended the chat and it wanted me to rate my chat. To which I rated very poorly, because frankly, this should be easier. I don't know if that prompted a push to my truck or not, I kinda imagined it would have the opposite effect but whatever.

I think my revision level is 253 or something like that. And that never changed. It is nice to see that the OTA updates work though, after having none to date (that I have seen anyway).

Sponsored

ken325i

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Occupation
Retired
I can see the OTA trigger was sent to you on 10/10, and it downloaded some of the files, but most of the files are still pending downloading. Have you tried checking for updates on the settings menu of your touch screen? There is no error code as to why the other files aren't downloading. There isn't much you can do but make sure your truck has a good connection and hope the files download before the OTA campaign expires. If that happens, you will have to patiently wait for another push to be sent to your truck.

Can you please check my VIN? 1FTFW1E89MFA78177
About 2 weeks ago I received notice that 3.5.2 was ready to install. I accepted the installation, then turned the truck off. I dont know if 3.5.2 installed. or not. I did not receive a "successful notification".

Many thanks!
Ken

Badhabit

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 SCrew 4x4 5.0 302A
I could be wrong but I believe April 22, at least some moment in April, put your build as a Job2 truck.
You would definitely have had Alexa.
You would have had Bluecruise (if equipped)

And FDRS would ONLY have had the trailer brake module update available.

Since then you would probably have had only one OTA, 3.5.2, which would be the GWM prep for the APIM update that is currently rolling out.

You very likely have an ABS update and a TCU update available now as well?

Regardless, your truck is very close to what is currently being built. Other than the possibility of your Bluecruise map date going stale, you shouldn't be aware of any shortcomings in your truck except what this forum, and it's troublemaker's, have made you aware of? 🤣😎
"Built" date was actually April 9, and modules populated many days before that. From chatter on the forums at the time I'm pretty sure job 2 had not quite started yet.

But yes, came with Alexa. Didn't order Blue Cruise so no worries there. As you said, I don't believe I'm missing out on anything other than 3.5.3 that you troublemakers unearthed.

Just seems odd that I'm still on 22012 when there are several iterations after that, at least numerically. Like I mentioned before, there almost doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to which trucks get updated to which Sync versions.

And fyi, I have successfully enabled the Unreal them and the climate bar with all options.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Can you please check my VIN? 1FTFW1E89MFA78177
About 2 weeks ago I received notice that 3.5.2 was ready to install. I accepted the installation, then turned the truck off. I dont know if 3.5.2 installed. or not. I did not receive a "successful notification".

Many thanks!
Ken
You had it sent to you October 6th, but it looks like there was a hiccup on Ford's side. Some kind of cloud error is listed as the error code. It says it will retry again, but no idea when it will be pushed out to you again.

Ford F-150 OTA Ford Power-Up 3.5.3 and upcoming Alexa Built-in roll-out Picture12

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
2021 Job 1 F-150 Limited PB updated via OTA to 3.5.2. Eagerly waiting for 3.5.3.

Dealer updated to BlueCruise. As most dealers they managed to put the battery into deep sleep.

Is the battery condition affecting the OTA update? Would driving when I receive notice (auto update is off) overcome any battery issues? Drive a couple of days each week 1 1/2 to 2 hours, have a 2-hour layover then a return trip.

Thanks for your help
While I have never seen an update other than 2.8.1 fail due to the low battery issue, I was recently made aware by someone much more knowledgeable than me that poor battery conditions can affect any OTA be it big or small.

Gutshot

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT screw
Occupation
Aggregate junkie
@rugedraw
I’m dizzy with this thread, trying to make sense of all the codes and abbreviations. Can you dumb it up for me and tell me where I stand please. My truck is actually at my dealer now getting a few recalls taken care of, but my VIN is 1FTFW1E86NFA45364.
My FordPass says I’m at 3.5.2, does that mean I get all the cool stuff that’s been talked about in the previous posts, assuming I’ve got those options?
Thx

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
@rugedraw
I’m dizzy with this thread, trying to make sense of all the codes and abbreviations. Can you dumb it up for me and tell me where I stand please. My truck is actually at my dealer now getting a few recalls taken care of, but my VIN is 1FTFW1E86NFA45364.
My FordPass says I’m at 3.5.2, does that mean I get all the cool stuff that’s been talked about in the previous posts, assuming I’ve got those options?
Thx
You have a 2022......the "issues" you are reading about do not apply to you. Everything your truck is supposed to have, it had it since the day it was built. Once all trucks have 3.5.3, they will be unified in terms of the software versions between 2021 and 2022 trucks. At least that is the theory as I understand it. 3.5.3 does give you full screen Android Auto/Apple CarPlay, so you can look forward to that whenever you get the update.

Gutshot

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT screw
Occupation
Aggregate junkie
You have a 2022......the "issues" you are reading about do not apply to you. Everything your truck is supposed to have, it had it since the day it was built. Once all trucks have 3.5.3, they will be unified in terms of the software versions between 2021 and 2022 trucks. At least that is the theory as I understand it. 3.5.3 does give you full screen Android Auto/Apple CarPlay, so you can look forward to that whenever you get the update.
Thank you!!!
I actually asked my service writer about it, he was less than helpful, but in reading this thread, I understand that’s kinda common. So I’m the mean time, I’ll keep looking for the next update

GatorLariat21

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Raptor - Code Orange
Just got 3.5.4 pushed via OTA.

WHAT'S IN THIS UPDATE?

Ford Power-Up 3.5.4

Get ready for some powerful convenience.

(Note that you may have already received an earlier version of these updates but this release is an enhancement.)

Advanced Dual Phone

Access two phones at the same time without having to mess with the settings. You could, for example, easily access both phones for incoming calls, contacts, text messages, emails and more.

Payload Limit Warning

We fine-tuned the Onboard Scales function so that vou'll receive a notification if your payload capacity has been reached even if other feature menus are occupying the screen.

Digital Owner's Manual

We made sure what you need to know is in there and easy to find. Go see it at Ford.com/support. in-vehicle or in the FordPass® App.

Ongoing updates like this help you enjoy the best possible version of your truck.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Just got 3.5.4 pushed via OTA.
Please post or PM me your VIN so I can see details on the update in terms of the file sizes and what module it is for.

Also, what does your touchscreen show as the Sync version?

GatorLariat21

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Raptor - Code Orange
Please post or PM me your VIN so I can see details on the update in terms of the file sizes and what module it is for.

Also, what does your touchscreen show as the Sync version?
Sent. Can’t tell you Sync number at the moment because I just dropped my truck off at the dealer for broken axle bolt issue. Recall machine.
Sponsored