Sponsored

Oriflamme Canyon, Mud caves, Diablo Drop Off, Fish Creek wash, Sandstone Canyon,

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Another great 70 mile off road trip.
Ford F-150 Oriflamme Canyon, Mud caves, Diablo Drop Off, Fish Creek wash, Sandstone Canyon, untitled-7

Ford F-150 Oriflamme Canyon, Mud caves, Diablo Drop Off, Fish Creek wash, Sandstone Canyon, IMG_1288_1638731231618

Ford F-150 Oriflamme Canyon, Mud caves, Diablo Drop Off, Fish Creek wash, Sandstone Canyon, 20211205_143048

Ford F-150 Oriflamme Canyon, Mud caves, Diablo Drop Off, Fish Creek wash, Sandstone Canyon, untitled-28

Ford F-150 Oriflamme Canyon, Mud caves, Diablo Drop Off, Fish Creek wash, Sandstone Canyon, bfd1d41e74764bc69c6ee0d6672c163c

Mello lower Oriflamme Canyon Marriot Mine:

Oriflamme tough section:

Diablo Drop Off:

Sandstone Canyon, Surreal:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
Nice! Is the whole trail wide enough for the F150 or did you get some trail damage?

OP
OP
KartRacer25

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Nice! Is the whole trail wide enough for the F150 or did you get some trail damage?
Tizzzo how have you been? Great question. I was glad I didn't have any poke on Sandstone canyon. Fit through the 2 really tight spots in and out with a spotter all 4 times, came within inches of hitting bed one time but didn't. Definite risk though. 1 inch of poke might be the limit there, going straight through flat, otherwise you can climb up on one side, but I wouldn't. . From drivers perspective it looks like there's no way you can get through, but I'm told many full size trucks do go through there safely. The terrain there up n down sandstone is easy otherwise. Some cars go part way up. Worth the trip, even if you just hike the last section. Got usual pinstripes from brush on other parts of trip, after Diablo , fish creek etc. Manzanita is the toughest. I should fold in mirrors more often.
I cut off my air dam the day before, so Oriflamme and Diablo were mostly ok on front clearance, but I did hit lower control arm mount hard once and bent it a bit. My bad. Still works fine but will have to bent back and tack weld it later. They said Oriflamme was the roughest they've seen it in a few years. Oh yeh. bent drivers side step slightly too. LOL Fox new Gen14 2.5 kit is supposed to be out next month Jan, fingers crossed. You can go half way down Oriflamme from Banner then turn around before mountain no problem too, Nice run.
They did Pioneer town to Big Bear Fri into the snow, 12 hour day. I had to work.
Feel sorry for my baby but she's not a garage queen anymore. I dove into the deep end. Its addictive. Have to come to terms with acceptable risk and cost of possible damage. Always an excuse to do upgrades. I try to do easy to moderate trails but never know, conditions change and some times there's just no turning back. If you have to take the time stop and stack rocks, cut trees, then do it, ie FJ got stuck on transfer case on a rock once, but got through with just some scrapes. Once you start bending hard parts the upgrades make alot more sense. LOL

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
Tizzzo how have you been? Great question. I was glad I didn't have any poke on Sandstone canyon. Fit through the 2 really tight spots in and out with a spotter all 4 times, came within inches of hitting bed one time but didn't. Definite risk though. 1 inch of poke might be the limit there, going straight through flat, otherwise you can climb up on one side, but I wouldn't. . From drivers perspective it looks like there's no way you can get through, but I'm told many full size trucks do go through there safely. The terrain there up n down sandstone is easy otherwise. Some cars go part way up. Worth the trip, even if you just hike the last section. Got usual pinstripes from brush on other parts of trip, after Diablo , fish creek etc. Manzanita is the toughest. I should fold in mirrors more often.
I cut off my air dam the day before, so Oriflamme and Diablo were mostly ok on front clearance, but I did hit lower control arm mount hard once and bent it a bit. My bad. Still works fine but will have to bent back and tack weld it later. They said Oriflamme was the roughest they've seen it in a few years. Oh yeh. bent drivers side step slightly too. LOL Fox new Gen14 2.5 kit is supposed to be out next month Jan, fingers crossed. You can go half way down Oriflamme from Banner then turn around before mountain no problem too, Nice run.
They did Pioneer town to Big Bear Fri into the snow, 12 hour day. I had to work.
Feel sorry for my baby but she's not a garage queen anymore. I dove into the deep end. Its addictive. Have to come to terms with acceptable risk and cost of possible damage. Always an excuse to do upgrades. I try to do easy to moderate trails but never know, conditions change and some times there's just no turning back. If you have to take the time stop and stack rocks, cut trees, then do it, ie FJ got stuck on transfer case on a rock once, but got through with just some scrapes. Once you start bending hard parts the upgrades make alot more sense. LOL
I’ve been good brotha how about yourself? Glad to see you’re enjoying the truck so far! And your answer about the trail is what I was worried about lol ? I want to hit some more off road trails but I don’t want to take any damage either. I spend money ceramic coating my truck when I first got it and on my first offroad trip to Bee canyon to San Jacinto I got some pin striping on the side and it was a tough pill to swallow. Let’s just say that night I had some champagne without the cham. Luckily my detail guy was able to fix it by polishing it and re coating. So now I’m trying to find more trails in SoCal that I can hit without worrying of trail damage. I have plenty of ground clearance and articulation but a lot of trails are very narrow for a full size truck?

This was my trail damage I took. Nothing horrible but sucked because it’s a brand new truck
Ford F-150 Oriflamme Canyon, Mud caves, Diablo Drop Off, Fish Creek wash, Sandstone Canyon, CAA8E5A2-1FD5-4CD8-AA19-140758BFEF95
Ford F-150 Oriflamme Canyon, Mud caves, Diablo Drop Off, Fish Creek wash, Sandstone Canyon, 8403837C-724E-4F55-A5E9-C9CDA7F5876E
Ford F-150 Oriflamme Canyon, Mud caves, Diablo Drop Off, Fish Creek wash, Sandstone Canyon, 5D7E1E27-B762-4982-8901-EAE9F2485BF3
Sponsored