First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mazda CX 5, 2018 Hyundai
Occupation
Retired Air Force, Currently a Federal Employee
Morning Everyone back in May 2022 I posted "2021 Platinum F-150 Lemon" and promised to update everyone on what happened with the process with Ford to repurchase.

I cannot say enough on how easily Ford made the repurchase of my 2021 F-150. The only thing I do not like about the process is that from when I originally purchased my truck in 2021 the prices increased nearly $10k and interest rates have changed (dang inflation). Now, back to the process. Overall the Ford reps were easy to work with and as long as you follow the steps exactly how they have it outlined and provide all the required paperwork it is easy as pie. I know this question is going to come up; No, I did not hire a Lemon Lawyer and believe me there are many out there. However, I did consider it and looked at it as if i hire a lawyer the process would drag on and we just wanted to get it over with and order a new truck. Something to remember is that every state has different Lemon Laws and everything I am referring to is the New Mexico Lemon Law. According to NM Lemon Law Ford would have paid for the Lemon Lawyer and i could have hired one. One advantage, I have is that my wife works for a law firm and they assisted us and reviewed everything Ford offered and they did not see any issues. They did provide some language we included in our communications with Ford and it did seem to help.

My case is still not closed and that is an agreement between Ford and myself which allows me to get 'expedited' on the order of a new 2023 F-150. Yes, i am still paying the truck payments, but that will get refunded to me once we close the case as they are paying me what i paid for the truck, all accessories (e.g., tonneau cover, etc) I purchased for the truck for as long as they did not modify the truck, all extended warranties, maintenance plans (minus any service i may have used and there was only one oil change). I will say if your truck turns out to be a lemon and you made modifications (e.g., suspension, air intake, exhaust, etc.) to the truck you may lose on them this is where a lawyer might be helpful, but like i said previously that this could drag on the process. In the meantime waiting on the order banks to open I did go look at Ram (to me it seemed cheap and packages seemed limited), Chevy (owned one once and it was okay, but did not like the options) and GMC truly had a nice truck, but after building it i just couldn't believe how costly a fully loaded Denali (options are nice and their wireless phone charger is much better than ford, but it drove stiff) was compared to a fully loaded Platty (I do love the full moon roof and it seemed my truck drove on a sheet of glass). I know the options I mentioned may be trivial, but I thought back on all the issues I had with my 2021 platty.

The F-150 order banks opened on 18 July 2023, and I ordered my new Platty. The only difference between my old patty and the new one is that that i did not get the 2kw generator (I feel it was worthless as it did not power my campers A/C or Microwave. yes, it would charge my batteries), plus I have solar panels (a must) on my camper which keeps my batteries charged when boondocking and they no longer offer the max recline seats. Now that i have ordered my new F-150 I can close my case with Ford. Ford is awaiting to recieve the dealer order receipt acknowledgement (DORA) and they will change the priority to 'expedite' on my order. I do have to be a bit patient as they will not start building until October 2022. Hopefully I will not wait 9 months like i did for the 2021!
Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
That is great to hear that it ended up working out for you. From the sound of it, it sounds like a good resolution for all. If your order gets expedited, I bet Santa will be very good to you this Xmas. Good luck!

OP
OP
Maggioa

Maggioa

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mazda CX 5, 2018 Hyundai
Occupation
Retired Air Force, Currently a Federal Employee
That is great to hear that it ended up working out for you. From the sound of it, it sounds like a good resolution for all. If your order gets expedited, I bet Santa will be very good to you this Xmas. Good luck!
I am hoping and praying that i get it quickly and without issues.

aaron79

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150
Did you get a production date yet?

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
Morning Everyone back in May 2022 I posted "2021 Platinum F-150 Lemon" and promised to update everyone on what happened with the process with Ford to repurchase.

I cannot say enough on how easily Ford made the repurchase of my 2021 F-150. The only thing I do not like about the process is that from when I originally purchased my truck in 2021 the prices increased nearly $10k and interest rates have changed (dang inflation). Now, back to the process. Overall the Ford reps were easy to work with and as long as you follow the steps exactly how they have it outlined and provide all the required paperwork it is easy as pie. I know this question is going to come up; No, I did not hire a Lemon Lawyer and believe me there are many out there. However, I did consider it and looked at it as if i hire a lawyer the process would drag on and we just wanted to get it over with and order a new truck. Something to remember is that every state has different Lemon Laws and everything I am referring to is the New Mexico Lemon Law. According to NM Lemon Law Ford would have paid for the Lemon Lawyer and i could have hired one. One advantage, I have is that my wife works for a law firm and they assisted us and reviewed everything Ford offered and they did not see any issues. They did provide some language we included in our communications with Ford and it did seem to help.

My case is still not closed and that is an agreement between Ford and myself which allows me to get 'expedited' on the order of a new 2023 F-150. Yes, i am still paying the truck payments, but that will get refunded to me once we close the case as they are paying me what i paid for the truck, all accessories (e.g., tonneau cover, etc) I purchased for the truck for as long as they did not modify the truck, all extended warranties, maintenance plans (minus any service i may have used and there was only one oil change). I will say if your truck turns out to be a lemon and you made modifications (e.g., suspension, air intake, exhaust, etc.) to the truck you may lose on them this is where a lawyer might be helpful, but like i said previously that this could drag on the process. In the meantime waiting on the order banks to open I did go look at Ram (to me it seemed cheap and packages seemed limited), Chevy (owned one once and it was okay, but did not like the options) and GMC truly had a nice truck, but after building it i just couldn't believe how costly a fully loaded Denali (options are nice and their wireless phone charger is much better than ford, but it drove stiff) was compared to a fully loaded Platty (I do love the full moon roof and it seemed my truck drove on a sheet of glass). I know the options I mentioned may be trivial, but I thought back on all the issues I had with my 2021 platty.

The F-150 order banks opened on 18 July 2023, and I ordered my new Platty. The only difference between my old patty and the new one is that that i did not get the 2kw generator (I feel it was worthless as it did not power my campers A/C or Microwave. yes, it would charge my batteries), plus I have solar panels (a must) on my camper which keeps my batteries charged when boondocking and they no longer offer the max recline seats. Now that i have ordered my new F-150 I can close my case with Ford. Ford is awaiting to recieve the dealer order receipt acknowledgement (DORA) and they will change the priority to 'expedite' on my order. I do have to be a bit patient as they will not start building until October 2022. Hopefully I will not wait 9 months like i did for the 2021!

Glad to hear they are working well with you. Do you mean you order the 7.2 size generator? Since the two kw was too small? Just curious, as my 7.2 Kw works great for me camper. I agree if you're going to get the generator get the larger one, the smaller one just seems like a tease. As well as the 23s have some pretty cool colors, which one did you go with?
Sponsored