First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 f-150 powerboost, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
As far as I've read the Lightning is going to be a 2023 model.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chasinsparks

Chasinsparks

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Sho, 2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired United States Army
As far as I've read the Lightning is going to be a 2023 model.
Yeah I just read and article that said mid 22. Not sure how old or reliable that is.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT on Order/Mazda Roadster Club/Model 3
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired/Student
The question is whether Ford will limit 2022 Production and make some things that are standard now options on 2022’s

yamamanr1m

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 XLT 302A Rpd Red Spr Crew 6.5ft - 3.5 EB
Occupation
Telco Engineering
2021 vs 2022... the truck will still have the same spec and feature. Bought my 2019 XLT in 2019 November, and still having a good treading value for my 2021. Still waiting it. I don't think the 2021 will lost many of his value with the lack of cars/trucks we have, and the high price tag on used one. Ordered mine on last March 29th, hoping to see it at end of June. If yes, I will be very happy to have my 2021. But if I will be push to receive it at end of July and late, hope Ford will put 2022 on the sticker, because in general, Ford will have already start to built 2022 at this time.

At the end of the story, it will be just a year whrite on the door label (2021 or 2022). The truck will be all the same if you don't look to adding the new feature about weight calculation and tow load.

Another thing here have not been taking in consideration here; Ford have annouced they will not shut down Dearborn truck plant as well as Kansas City truck plant this summer, for the anual maintenance and prepare the assembly to built 2022, as they usually did. Soooo, look 2021 F-150 will be built on a very long periode of time this year. 2022 F-150 should be delayed to start to be built this year too. that could change de game...

Ford cancels summer shutdown weeks at majority of assembly plants

bulger81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
i think the current 2021s aside from tremor and Raptor will be identical as the 2022s. There may be some new features, like the scale feautures For the 2022s. just like the gun market it will probably be 2023 before u see full lots of f150s . I think the more expensive trims may just take longer bc of the sheer amount of special parts that have to made which are sold before they r made.
some truck orders r taking shorter than others, but it comes down to timing of orders and part availability when ur truck is being built and ford having more custom orders than ever, since the lots r empty and everyone is waiting. im waiting about 2 months for custom seat covers, that last yr would have taken a month or less.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chasinsparks

Chasinsparks

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Sho, 2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired United States Army
i think the current 2021s aside from tremor and Raptor will be identical as the 2022s. There may be some new features, like the scale feautures For the 2022s. just like the gun market it will probably be 2023 before u see full lots of f150s . I think the more expensive trims may just take longer bc of the sheer amount of special parts that have to made which are sold before they r made.
some truck orders r taking shorter than others, but it comes down to timing of orders and part availability when ur truck is being built and ford having more custom orders than ever, since the lots r empty and everyone is waiting. im waiting about 2 months for custom seat covers, that last yr would have taken a month or less.
All good points as well. Everything is taking a long time, I have been waiting for a Gray Privacy fence since January they have no idea when it will get produced.

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
I’m also in the same boat. I have a trade in I’m relying on to make the deal. I only ordered 2 weeks ago so I’m sure it will be a while but the dealership told me it would be a 2022 model. I then went to another dealer just to see what they said and they also said it would likely be a 2022 model. I’m still not sure I believe it. I would think Ford is going to have to announce a cutoff of 21/22 fairly soon.

Tecdiver

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Corporate shill
I have had mine for 3 months now, so take this with a grain of salt.
( ordered in august-delivered in February)

if I cared one iota in the value of a year old truck, I would wait for the new model year. Chances are pretty fair that I would consider just that if I were still waiting. Six months to 14 months would not have bothered me in the least if pricing was not drastically changed.

But, at the same time time, I tend to keep my cars pretty much until the wheels fall off, and I am not prone to buying a vehicle with a bunch of stuff that I will only use once to set and forget.

The reasons I even bought a new one was because of the impression they made with me over about5 years of renting in my work travels.
My Ranger, I never was very fond of it as it rode too rough.(2005)
Sold that and kept the old Chevy k1500 (1998)

I will most likely drive this new one until it is flat worn out with little concern over value. Should take a very long time and one of the kids may end up with it (if I die in a good mood).
Concern about value is a moot point as it is paid for and it is pretty much Ford’s responsibility to keep it working for 8 years.

if I were one to trade in on a regular basis as many do, I would definitely wait for the new model year to become available.
"Should take a very long time and one of the kids may end up with it (if I die in a good mood)." This gave me a chuckle. With two teenagers - I need to remember this line. :)

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
I know it's the opposite of "conventional wisdom" or maybe even just regular wisdom... but I want the 1st year of Gen14.

I f-ing HATE that I have to wait so long but the ONLY thing that will cause me to decline delivery is if it shows up with a rusted undercarriage and Ford refuses to replace (not repaint) the rusted parts. Which we all already know they will do.

Not sure what I'll do then. Likely consult a good Consumer Affairs attorney to see if I have any legal recourse.
The thought of buying a Ram makes me wanna puke and GMC doesn't make a fully loaded Reg Cab Short bed that I know of.

bulger81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
I’m also in the same boat. I have a trade in I’m relying on to make the deal. I only ordered 2 weeks ago so I’m sure it will be a while but the dealership told me it would be a 2022 model. I then went to another dealer just to see what they said and they also said it would likely be a 2022 model. I’m still not sure I believe it. I would think Ford is going to have to announce a cutoff of 21/22 fairly soon.
if i ordered a 2022, it would probably be the same as my 2021 that is suppose to built this month. I think you may pay a bit more for a 2022 until inventory stabilizes. I’m betting 2023 may have more changes and more electric trucks. if u order in 2022 u may be able to get those new features that r available during the year. once the 2022 tundra comes out, Ford may get some new ideas. given the rust issues, the new tundras may take away some of Fords customers, especially if the v6 is as good as it is predicted to be. If the 2022 tundra was out Right now, id be getting a tundra.

Drufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lead Foot Lariat
I would rather have the '21 due to my local property taxes. 21 is going to depreciate faster than a 22 so I will pay a little less each year. Though I really hope I get my '21 in the year 2021!
Sponsored