Sponsored

Thread Closed

Matteo711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch
2021 King Ranch ordered in mid-Feb. Still showing in order processing. Thoughts?
VIN: 1ftfw1e85mfb71780
Order #: 0220
Sponsored

OP
OP
UNIKRN150

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
2021 King Ranch ordered in mid-Feb. Still showing in order processing. Thoughts?
VIN: 1ftfw1e85mfb71780
Order #: 0220
I think that Royaly sucks ass and is really bad news to someone who ordered theirs in late March! (me)
I didn't order the King Ranch but I ordered the closest thing you can get to it with a regular cab short bed so I'm likely in the same boat only I haven't even received a VIN# yet.
Good luck! Keep us posted...

Diceman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid, Rapid Red, 6.5 bed
Occupation
Retired US Navy, retired manufacturing
Ordered 3/2, I guess dealership didn't submit it till 3/9 (according to tracker). I had a build date of 3/19 and 3/16 salesman emailed me it changed to 5/3. I realistically didn't expect it till Late June early July with all the supply chain issues everywhere. I went with Rapid Red, Platinum, 3.5 PB Hybrid, 6.5' bed, spray in liner, workstation, lay flat seat, 7.2kw. Everything but Max Tow since I don't tow anything. I just hope for no rust or any other issues. Also this is my first Ford I've always drove GMs, to Toyotas and as old as I am it will probably be my last.?

OP
OP
UNIKRN150

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
I
Ordered 3/2, I guess dealership didn't submit it till 3/9 (according to tracker). I had a build date of 3/19 and 3/16 salesman emailed me it changed to 5/3. I realistically didn't expect it till Late June early July with all the supply chain issues everywhere. I went with Rapid Red, Platinum, 3.5 PB Hybrid, 6.5' bed, spray in liner, workstation, lay flat seat, 7.2kw. Everything but Max Tow since I don't tow anything. I just hope for no rust or any other issues. Also this is my first Ford I've always drove GMs, to Toyotas and as old as I am it will probably be my last.?
I ordered the XLT (because I had no choice) Reg Cab\Short Bed and plan on getting the Decked Drawer system since the only think that will fit behind my seat is a jack. And I WILL be towing trailers so I did get the Max Tow, etc...
This truck will be chocked FULL of "chips" so I know I'm in for a long wait, regardless of when I get my VIN#
As long as I get it before next winter... it's all good.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Exactly my order date! 26 March. My dealer says don’t expect anything in terms of production schedule or VIN from Ford for at LEAST 4 weeks...
I’ll be looking to your progress for encouragement... I hope you do better then me!
Got my VIN today. Dealer says scheduled build week of July 7th, however I’m wondering if he meant June 7th since that is the start of the week and usually I hear build weeks referring to the start, not mid-week.

Either way, shows in order tracking as confirmed :). One step closer.

To summarize:
- Ordered 3/27/21 (according to tracking)
- VIN (sometime between 4/14 - 4/20)
- Build week: 7/7/21? Since that is a mid week date I am wondering if 6/7.
- Scheduled Plant: Kansas
Lariat supercab mid, pro power 2kw, power tailgate, co-pilot assist.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Goro2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT
My vehicle status is “in transit” as primary and secondary as “Received at Norfolk” with ETA of May 14. Does anybody know what that mean? Thanks

jtcomin

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Fusion, 2019 Flex, 2004 Jeep TJ, 1996 Sierra
Occupation
Bean Counter
Have you received any updates on where things are at?

Rapid Red

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Test driver
The VIN number is NOT necessarily the order it was built. There’s a lot of other factors that go into the build status. First off the plants have build constraints they have to consider. While the Blend number is part of the construction. It is not the actual build sequence number. The Rotation number is the way it comes into the final build sequence. & you can see this 4 digit number on frames, wheels, & the broadcast build sheets.

Diceman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid, Rapid Red, 6.5 bed
Occupation
Retired US Navy, retired manufacturing
Have you received any updates on where things are at?
My truck actually showed up at dealer on 5/25. I found out looking at Palsapp that day at lunch. Told the wife finish up we’re going to see my truck. The delivery truck had a blowout and the tread hit my truck. Bumper had a couple chips but they painted it. Drivers headlight got a small chip and lower valence got scratched up, but those are finally in and will get replaced when we get back in town. Best truck I’ve ever had at least got the first 1100 miles.

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
If a truck gets a “blend date” and is actually blended on that date with all the parts available and in place... how long is the build process from the time the 1st two parts are joined?
18 to 20 hours average if nothing goes wrong and ends up in a repair hole because of damage or mis-build. Blend date is when the first part gets put on the line in Body. Often finished building the day after. At the end of the line, they get started up for the first time and driven off the line onto rolls test, alignment and headlight-aim. If repairs are nessesary, they'll get done before they're driven outside the Plant to be shipped or in my case, in storage on ramp 59.

Last edited:

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
18 to 20 hours average if nothing goes wrong and ends up in a repair hole because of damage or mis-build. Blend date is when the first part gets put on the line in Body. Often finished building the day after. At the end of the line, they get started up for the first time and driven off the line onto rolls test and headlight-aim. If repairs are nessesary, they'll get done before they're driven outside the Plant to be shipped or in my case, in storage on ramp 59.
Super useful post Pete! It’s easy to get distracted by the constant buzzing about “a truck is built every 59 seconds”.

Understandably we fall into the trap of extrapolating this 59 second increment x 8 hours x 3 shifts etc… understandable really, we’re all recklessly optimistic when it comes to expecting out trucks will be built next week.
Sponsored