First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Test driver
This is what the plant uses when the build process begins in the plant. The Rotation number, starts @ 0001 & goes to 8999. Then repeats its self. It’s a lot easier for the plant to keep track of the units as the build is in process . Take it from a 40 year veteran of the Assembly process.

texag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Silverado
So if this date holds I’ll be at ~9 weeks from order to delivery. I ordered on 2 Mar.
Ford F-150 Thread Closed 52063FD5-4EE2-48D6-8D14-85A52B91CF19

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
What is the url for that Ford tracking site? Received a VIN today from my dealer. Order was submitted on 3/22. VIN 1FTFW1CD5MFB75327

Sponsored

Niterider

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
factory worker
My order's status hasn't changed, but I know my truck is being built at Dearborn and they have been down the past couple of weeks.
Ford F-150 Thread Closed 1618711253551

I'm hoping to start seeing some movement next week. When I stopped and talked to my dealer this past week, they told me that they showed an extimated delivery date of May 19th.

I'm not holding my breath....

TheGoodLife

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
So if this date holds I’ll be at ~9 weeks from order to delivery. I ordered on 2 Mar.
52063FD5-4EE2-48D6-8D14-85A52B91CF19.png
Man, that’s pretty awesome for you and I’m happy you’re getting your truck, but every time I see something like this is gets me frustrated with Ford and how they are not prioritizing or finishing build for customers who ordered 7 months ago. Mine’s never left “production” status.

Ford F-150 Thread Closed 331AFCDC-7127-45FA-A635-BDCFEE26BB42

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Man, that’s pretty awesome for you and I’m happy you’re getting your truck, but every time I see something like this is gets me frustrated with Ford and how they are not prioritizing or finishing build for customers who ordered 7 months ago. Mine’s never left “production” status.
My truck was stuck in production from January 22, 2021 until it was actually “built” on April 4. I think yours will follow something like mine did. If that’s the case I think yours will be finished/built soon and ship by May 1.

TheGoodLife

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
My truck was stuck in production from January 22, 2021 until it was actually “built” on April 4. I think yours will follow something like mine did. If that’s the case I think yours will be finished/built soon and ship by May 1.
Appreciate that! Hope you’re right. ?

TheGoodLife

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Did yours have issues with rust? One of my concerns is that this build started when a lot of the trucks with rust issues were being built, and it’s just been sitting there rusting more and more. Then when it finally arrives I’ll have waited all this time for a rusty truck. :/

Sponsored

OP
OP
UNIKRN150

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4

331AFCDC-7127-45FA-A635-BDCFEE26BB42.jpeg
That's what I don't get.
I've seen people here who ordered their trucks in February driving them now. And others who ordered them last November-December who still don't have them.
It just doesn't make any sense.

I'm going on a month and still no VIN#
I don't expect to see my truck till late summer.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Did yours have issues with rust? One of my concerns is that this build started when a lot of the trucks with rust issues were being built, and it’s just been sitting there rusting more and more. Then when it finally arrives I’ll have waited all this time for a rusty truck. :/
I pick it up Monday.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
That's what I don't get.
I've seen people here who ordered their trucks in February driving them now. And others who ordered them last November-December who still don't have them.
It just doesn't make any sense.
A lot goes into a truck getting scheduled. It looks at EVERY option you've selected, down to the tiniest detail that you don't think of. Even the accessories can delay the build. A lot of orders that I've seen waiting extended times for a VIN/build date now all have Max Tow, which has been a constrained option for months.

It also looks at the order priority, and dealer that it's coming from. If you're dealer entered the order at a lower priority than every other order, it'll sit in queue for a while. Also, if your dealer used all their allocation for stock orders, your order is going to sit there.

It's easy to go online and complain about your order, but no one ever gives additional details on what they ordered and where they ordered from. Add in the numerous shortages, and I'm not sure why it's a surprise it's taking a while to get trucks built.

Gman73

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger, 2021 Ford F-150 on order
Occupation
Facilities Manager

331AFCDC-7127-45FA-A635-BDCFEE26BB42.jpeg
5 Months for me, Ordered Nov built early March and has sat on Ramp 59 in Michigan ever since with no delivery ETA

OP
OP
UNIKRN150

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
A lot goes into a truck getting scheduled. It looks at EVERY option you've selected, down to the tiniest detail that you don't think of. Even the accessories can delay the build. A lot of orders that I've seen waiting extended times for a VIN/build date now all have Max Tow, which has been a constrained option for months.

It also looks at the order priority, and dealer that it's coming from. If you're dealer entered the order at a lower priority than every other order, it'll sit in queue for a while. Also, if your dealer used all their allocation for stock orders, your order is going to sit there.

It's easy to go online and complain about your order, but no one ever gives additional details on what they ordered and where they ordered from. Add in the numerous shortages, and I'm not sure why it's a surprise it's taking a while to get trucks built.
That all makes a lot of sense.
I ordered mine from a small town dealer. You're right, they've likely burned up their allocation already and regardless, have little clout with Ford I'm sure.

But the trade off of not having to go through the "big city" three ring circus and bandage up all the knife wounds in my back afterwards is worth the wait for me.

I'd like to have my truck this summer.

I'll "need" it next winter.

Thanks for the great input!
Sponsored