First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer
This information is moot for you since your truck is already scheduled for build. I'll post this in case it is useful for someone else.

According to a very knowledgeable source (Tim Bartz), your place in the queue is only changed if your priority was changed. You are assigned a priority by your dealer within a certain range (I think it is 10 to 19). Ford can then elevate your priority, which they normally increase it to a 2 when they change it. You will see some guys on here who have been at a 2 for a long time. I've been at level 2 for over a month now with no VIN, so even a high priority level isn't a guarantee. If your priority level had been changed by Ford, and you make a change, your priority is reset back to 19. However, your dealer can request from Ford that your priority be returned to the higher level, which Ford will do. It is possible your dealer isn't even aware of this.

Since you ordered in May, you are almost certainly at a low priority level anyway, so making a change isn't going to impact your priority or production date. You can see your priority near the top of your build sheet ("Priority Code").

Last edited:

Cb Mw

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bike
You can get 360 Assist on a 500A/501A; might delay the order but you can still get it. You can't get Active 360(Blue Cruise) on a 500A/501A, need 502 for that.

I'd change your current order to exactly what you want. Go though the order guide and pick it out all out. Not worth getting it a few weeks early if you want the cameras, 360 assist, running boards, wireless charger or scales when you're going to own the truck for 6 years.
My dealer thought you could order 360 assist on the 500a, 501a too, up until they tried to complete the order and it wouldn't submit. This was a recent change. I ordered in May and could not get 360 assist.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Seems I've stumbled my way into some order regret and hoping everyone's calmer heads can set me on the right path. I ordered a 500A Lariat with 7.2kW and center console so pretty bare bones right before they closed orders in May. I thought I was being a smart guy trimming things down and avoiding items the dealer said would back things up like tow package, 360 camera, etc. I submitted the order quick to get in before they closed and now that I've marinated on it I am regretting not going a little bigger to just get the nice to haves as opposed to trying to do it quick. Things I didn't realized I would not have that is annoying: running boards. Things that would have been cool to have since I'm spending $60k+ anyways: upgrade to standard B&O sound system, sport package to get the running boards, trailer tow package and 360 Assist 2.0. So to all you smarter guys out there, should I just stick it out and be happy I'm getting a brand new truck or possibly ditch the order and put in for a 2023 when it opens in the fall and get exactly what I want (knowing my trade in will probably continue to decline). Current vehicle is 2018 f150 lariat for what it's worth. thanks folks.
Running boards are cheap and easy to install, without having to get all that other crap.

So get the truck. Slap some running boards on it. Easy peasy

DarkSkyForever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F150 701A (Ordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
I think you're looking for "moot".

Agree with the rest of the sentiment. Decide if those options are worth walking away from your order. Find a used 21 or 22 with what you want, or be willing to fly/drive to get it.

I had originally priced out a 500A myself, but found I started wanting all these additional options and hopped up to a 701A. Will be a hair over 68k when I get it.

Sponsored

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
put in for a 2023 when it opens in the fall and get exactly what I want
I highly doubt any of this will be returning for 23. That build year is only 4 months away (October), and the order guides release in a month. While I wouldn't put it past Ford to give everyone whiplash, I don't think they'd go through all the trouble trimming the features for such a short time, and leave people with unbuilt 22s staring at full-featured 23s.

Or the price will go up a few grand.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I’ve been in pretty base trucks my whole life.
I ordered a 21 XLT mid level SuperCab 8 ft box
Console, running boards were only creature goodies over the 301a package.
This is plenty for me, as I truly discovered when it went to the body shop for over a month after hail knocked the piss out of it.
For. That month I drove my 98 base as hell k1500.
Did not miss the new truck one little bit.

running boards are available at Ford accessories

And if you did not have all this in your current car, not gonna miss them in the new one. Besides, less stuff to fail.

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I highly doubt any of this will be returning for 23. That build year is only 4 months away (October), and the order guides release in a month. While I wouldn't put it past Ford to give everyone whiplash, I don't think they'd go through all the trouble trimming the features for such a short time, and leave people with unbuilt 22s staring at full-featured 23s.

Or the price will go up a few grand.
I agree. I would assume that many of the features being removed won't be offered at all when the MY23s open up for order (and possibly missing a few other additional features where parts are becoming difficult to acquire, but they have just enough to complete current orders). My assumed best case is that they'll add features back as "Job 2" (or even "Job 3") additions as the supply chain wrinkles work themselves out over the next 6-12 months. Kind of like how they added the on-board scales as a Job 2 change mid-way through the 21 model year.

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
Your dealer won't care if you change your mind about your order, he'll just let it go into his inventory. He can't make a fictitious order to get a truck but he can let your order go through and then sell it. There probably won't be many significant equipment deletions, they've already been made, and you might find there is a new feature or two.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Seems I've stumbled my way into some order regret and hoping everyone's calmer heads can set me on the right path. I ordered a 500A Lariat with 7.2kW and center console so pretty bare bones right before they closed orders in May. I thought I was being a smart guy trimming things down and avoiding items the dealer said would back things up like tow package, 360 camera, etc. I submitted the order quick to get in before they closed and now that I've marinated on it I am regretting not going a little bigger to just get the nice to haves as opposed to trying to do it quick. Things I didn't realized I would not have that is annoying: running boards. Things that would have been cool to have since I'm spending $60k+ anyways: upgrade to standard B&O sound system, sport package to get the running boards, trailer tow package and 360 Assist 2.0. So to all you smarter guys out there, should I just stick it out and be happy I'm getting a brand new truck or possibly ditch the order and put in for a 2023 when it opens in the fall and get exactly what I want (knowing my trade in will probably continue to decline). Current vehicle is 2018 f150 lariat for what it's worth. thanks folks.

I think it’s identifying the "must haves"

Some people don't care about exterior color, some don't care about interior materials, some don't care about engine type. What features must your truck have?

Running boards seem to go for sale on the forum pretty frequently and I will likely post some sport ones there once I get the AMP ones installed.

One thing to consider, when 2021 orders were converted to 2022, those orders automatically had a $3500 PCO attached to them, I have no idea if Ford is going to do that again, but it's possible and if your order was truly submitted just before the deadline, there's a chance it's not built this year anyway.

So my advice would actually be to keep your order and submit a 2023 order that is exactly what you want when 2023 banks open.

Sponsored

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
I'd like to add my 2 cents, as someone who deleted a bunch of stuff off my 501a lariat, I didnt think I would use any of the intelligent/adaptive/Blue cruise, I do wish now I would have just upgraded to the 502a. Better headlights and all. One thing Im glad I didn't get was the B&O unleashed, I recently sat in one with it, and I couldn't really tell a difference between that one and my 8 speaker B&O.

In the end, this is your truck, I say go for it and add all the goodies you think you would use (even if you wouldn't use them very often), and I agree, running boards are an easy add. Hope this helped!

Payup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 XLT Sport Special Edition
You can easily get take off new running boards for cheaper than factory. You can always buy the truck and if you don't like it sell it for what you paid, pretty easily right now.

What do you tow that you want the tow package? A fishing boat or a small trailer won't matter without it. FYI

jasonmi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Powerboost
My dealer thought you could order 360 assist on the 500a, 501a too, up until they tried to complete the order and it wouldn't submit. This was a recent change. I ordered in May and could not get 360 assist.
Sorry I see that now, I just looked at the most current order guide but it wasn't updated to show this, needed the supplement

I would just wait until July and order a MY23 at this point.

F150 hopefull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Just my 2 cents here.

Things I want, but will add after. Running boards, spray in bed liner, floor mats, wheel liners. ect.

The above you can get cheaper, and in some cases with better quality, after market. ie LineX way way better than dealer spray in.

All the tech inside the truck is where the difference comes into play. If there is some tech you want but didn't order then I would consider moving to a MY23 with a new order.

The biggest part in purchasing a truck is the tow/haul capabilities. those are two things you NEED to make sure is correct up front. Just because it's a 150 doesn't mean you can tow/haul the same as another 150.

at the end of the day though. you spending a LOT of cash on a truck. I would not settle for anything less than what I want. damn thing is almost as much as my first house.

Cheers.

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Get those things you want, that regret will be larger and resale will be affected.
Sponsored