Order, Deposit, and Interest Free Loan Game

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
I decided not to play the Order, Deposit, and Interest free loan game. Especially, in this time when it appears that no one knows when a truck will be built.

I asked a Ford Dealership manager how long it would take for an order and they said 3-4 months. I asked for a guarantee date in writing that if Ford didn't have my ordered truck by a certain promised date that I would be able to get my $500 deposit back. The dealership told me that the 3-4 months is a guess and that they would only refund my deposit after they sold the truck.
Sponsored

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming who knows when 202? F150 screw Lariat
Occupation
Professor
I gave my dealer $1000 beginning of March. Still have no build date. But considering I got a crazy deal and new ones are selling for msrp or more I’m sure they would give me my money back in a heartbeat. But I want the truck lol. Grrrrr

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired
I decided not to play the Order, Deposit, and Interest free loan game. Especially, in this time when it appears that no one knows when a truck will be built.

I asked a Ford Dealership manager how long it would take for an order and they said 3-4 months. I asked for a guarantee date in writing that if Ford didn't have my ordered truck by a certain promised date that I would be able to get my $500 deposit back. The dealership told me that the 3-4 months is a guess and that they would only refund my deposit after they sold the truck.
The deposit is refundable period. You don’t have to wait for a truck to be sold to someone else

antimatter_plat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Hybrid
Interest free loan of $500? Wtf? If it really bothers you that much that you won't be earning interest on a $500 deposit, I hate it break it to you but a $40k-80k truck probably isn't the right financial choice for you.

Dixie

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 4x4, 2013 Subaru BRZ

If your dealer is unwilling to do that, you should find a new dealer.

Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
My dealer didn't even ask for the deposit. lol. It's refundable until you sign the papers.

Reactions: WRS

mj1angier

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch Power Boost
Shoot, 2 weeks ago I put down $500 on a dealer ordered trunk. I was first of last week to arrive Friday. I called the dealer on Monday. They can't find the truck- not still shipping, not on lot. They said that they would call me Tues morning with an up date. Monday night I found a KR about 1.5 hrs away. No call from fist dealer by 11 Tues. Worked a deal on the KR, picked up that afternoon.

Kow I just have to get my $500 back

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired
Shoot, 2 weeks ago I put down $500 on a dealer ordered trunk. I was first of last week to arrive Friday. I called the dealer on Monday. They can't find the truck- not still shipping, not on lot. They said that they would call me Tues morning with an up date. Monday night I found a KR about 1.5 hrs away. No call from fist dealer by 11 Tues. Worked a deal on the KR, picked up that afternoon.

Kow I just have to get my $500 back
On my order form I had the dealer write "refundable" so you should be able to get it anytime.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Yeah, just means more time lost having to go back by there
they can send an order sheet via e-mail with that written on it with an e-signature you know

Sponsored

Twistingtommy

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat 2021 Ordered
Occupation
Teacher
I gave my dealer $1000 beginning of March. Still have no build date. But considering I got a crazy deal and new ones are selling for msrp or more I’m sure they would give me my money back in a heartbeat. But I want the truck lol. Grrrrr
What was special about your lariat that might be with holding it? I ordered mine 7/1 it just finished getting built awaiting shipment. I have all attached.

Attachments

fooli-150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered F150 Lariat 501a PB 4x4 SuperCrew
I've ordered from Granger recently and it required a $1000 non-refundable deposit which looks like that is probably a change from what they have done previously. I'm not really worried about it because I got a VIN pretty quick and build is scheduled for later this month. It will suck if everything starts getting delayed pretty bad, but I'll probably wait it out regardless.

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming who knows when 202? F150 screw Lariat
Occupation
Professor
What was special about your lariat that might be with holding it? I ordered mine 7/1 it just finished getting built awaiting shipment. I have all attached.
I would LOVE to know this answer. But no one can tell me. My best guess is my dealer oversold their allotment.

motosapien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PB
I have a similar order and my blend date was 08/06/21 and the tracker says it is still being built.
I suspect 6" EXTENDED ACCENT RUNNING BRD is causing the delay but I may be wrong.

Ford F-150 Order, Deposit, and Interest Free Loan Game VIN.JPG
Sponsored