First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Camping season has arrived for me but my 2021 F150 does not have factory tow mirrors. Looking for anyone that has come across this same issue. I checked with a few RV dealers and they are saying there is no after market mirror extensions for 2021 F150. If you have found a two mirror option please share it with the group.
Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I used "snap and zap" mirrors on my 2017 and I liked the little extra wide view it gave. But until there are custom 2021 after market ones, you may have to go with a "universal" fit kind. There are many on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=universal+tow+mirror&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

I'd just try to find a decent quality clip mechanism one that doesn't interfere with the 360 cameras (if you have them).

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
I had universal ones for my Explorer to tow previously. I hated them because they would vibrate so much in the wind that they were practically useless. The only reason I kept them on was to avoid a potential ticket for mirror visibility.

RWATE

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I am in the same boat. Just called my local dealer. $1,600 for the replacement mirrors plus roughly $500 for install. Real money! But I think I'm going to pull the trigger. I wish there was a way to get them discounted. I can't imagine the profit margins the dealer is getting!

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I'm guessing CIPA and K-source will have clip on towing mirrors available for the 2021's fairly soon. I had the CIPA's for my 2016. Good fit, no shake/vibration or damage. You can probably find threads about them in the 13th gen section.

Sponsored

fourZero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
I am in the same boat. Just called my local dealer. $1,600 for the replacement mirrors plus roughly $500 for install. Real money! But I think I'm going to pull the trigger. I wish there was a way to get them discounted. I can't imagine the profit margins the dealer is getting!
The install takes all of 10 minutes per side. More importantly, did your dealer say they had the mirrors in stock? Nobody has had these, period.

RWATE

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
The service advisor estimated $500 because they said you had to pull the inner door panel, etc. It was a guess. The parts department gave me a price based on my VIN. What I'm not sure of is if it has all the features my current mirror has, which is the light, heated, auto folding, heated, blind spot, etc. They also said it wasn't in stock, so it would take a couple of weeks to get. But again, that wasn't nailed down. Until you order it, who knows. I'm really wanting to make this change. But $2k is a big chunk of change. I may try a couple of different dealers in case my local guy doesn't have all the facts.

RWATE

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I just talked to another dealer about converting to the tow mirrors and they clearly did not want to do it. Said it was "impossible." Lots of wiring, etc. I find that really hard to believe and want to continue to explore my options. I wish there was an actual knowledgeable person at Ford I could call... If anyone has ideas on that, please let me know.
Sponsored