Optional $295 tires

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Screw, 6.5’, 3.5 EB
I see now lol. Those look badass. My 19' sport 20s have those hankooks that you replaced. I live in Michigan and I hate them. They are the worst in the snow
the hankook dynapro at2 I put on my 2016 were good in the Snow. The hankook dynapro at2 that ford puts on the 21’s is not the same tire. they suck. I have 20,000 miles on my 21 and going into winter I’m ready to put new tires on. I have to be in 4 wheel drive to get out of my neighborhood with 1“ of snow.

but, I’m considering the hankook tire in a LT tire. i was happy with them on my 2016. They ride quite, decent in the snow and rain.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Detroit87

Detroit87

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 lariat
Occupation
Sub station operator
the hankook dynapro at2 I put on my 2016 were good in the Snow. The hankook dynapro at2 that ford puts on the 21’s is not the same tire. they suck. I have 20,000 miles on my 21 and going into winter I’m ready to put new tires on. I have to be in 4 wheel drive to get out of my neighborhood with 1“ of snow.

but, I’m considering the hankook tire in a LT tire. i was happy with them on my 2016. They ride quite, decent in the snow and rain.
That's what I'm saying. The ford dynoapros are the worst. Useless on snow and ice

Zink

First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Hey all, I have lariat FX4 ordered with 18s. I ordered optional (LT265/70R18C OWL all terrain tires A/T) for $295. I assume these are a more aggressive off road tire. Has anyone ordered these and know exactly what tire this is? Or a picture ? Website doesn't give details. Also, I wanted the 20s but my current 19' has the 20s with hankooks which are awful in snow. Anyone have the 20s with perellis, and could comment how they are offroad and in snow?
I have the Pirelli's. They are terrible for stopping or going in the snow. Worst I've ever had.

Aaron34

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum PB (on order 1/3/23)
Occupation
Aircraft Dispatcher
I also have the 20" Pirelli's. I'll admit they don't look like they'd be great in the snow, but I was surprised at how they "didn't suck" in our snowstorm last week. I thought it'd be really bad, but they got the job done. Not terrible for a stock tire.

Kilo5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PB, Lariat, SCrew, FX4
I didn't know LT tires were an option as I didn't recall seeing them in the build and price tool. So I just checked and yes, it is only $295 for all four, but they only offer them for the 18" wheels. Since I optioned up to the 20" wheels, they don't offer LT tires in my size from the factory. If you don't have a strong brand preference and only care about getting LT tires and are okay with OWL, then it's probably worth it.

It looks like it may be these:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...l&tireModel=Grabber+APT&partnum=67SR8GRAPTOWL

1640948942439.png

Per the TR site: The Grabber APT is General's On-/Off-Road All-Terrain tire initially developed for Original Equipment use on the Nissan Titan

1640949862354.png
I missed this option for my build. I think I will be switching out to an LT since the F-150 ride is so soft and it's a better tire for towing.
Sponsored