Option 54W Powerfolding, Powerscope, telescoping trailer towing mirrors

Rgwinn

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
One thing I can say is if you think your close to hitting anything, fold the mirrors in, you don’t want to have to replace one, there are a couple narrow roads on the coast we drive and if a truck is parked, you will smack mirrors. Also, I have heard that trees will take out a mirror. It was a $600 charge to replace one.
Sponsored

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
The comments on this Forum regarding the tow mirrors caused me to change my order early on. We tow a 23 foot airstream, and frankly, I wasn't sure that I "needed" the tow mirrors.

However, all of you that have them swear by them. And seeing them at the drive event I went to didn't cause any negative visceral reaction. Plus this year, they have the full BLIS system integrated.

Safety first when towing, looks be damned. But they really don't look all that bad...

So another thumbs up to this group and it's input.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
The comments on this Forum regarding the tow mirrors caused me to change my order early on. We tow a 23 foot airstream, and frankly, I wasn't sure that I "needed" the tow mirrors.

However, all of you that have them swear by them. And seeing them at the drive event I went to didn't cause any negative visceral reaction. Plus this year, they have the full BLIS system integrated.

Safety first when towing, looks be damned. But they really don't look all that bad...

So another thumbs up to this group and it's input.
What is the full BLIS system? Is that the one that covers what you are towing?

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
What is the full BLIS system? Is that the one that covers what you are towing?
Yes. Blind Spot Information System.

Now, I may have to stand corrected because I've spent a ton of time the past year going back and forth between the 2020 Ram 1500 and the 2020 F150. It could be that it was the Ram which didn't include the full trailer system with the mirrors and not the F150. Either way, I guess it doesn't really matter now because the Gen 14 DOES include BLIS with the tow mirrors :ROFLMAO:

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Yes. Blind Spot Information System.

Now, I may have to stand corrected because I've spent a ton of time the past year going back and forth between the 2020 Ram 1500 and the 2020 F150. It could be that it was the Ram which didn't include the full trailer system with the mirrors and not the F150. Either way, I guess it doesn't really matter now because the Gen 14 DOES include BLIS with the tow mirrors :ROFLMAO:
Be careful for the tow mirrors are still an additional option, even if you ordered the max tow pkg. I think they were $270, would hate you to think you were getting them and it show up without them.

Sponsored

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
From the latest Build Site the mirrors for the Lariat Sport are all black.
1605900948429.png
Not saying you’re wrong, but we can’t fully trust the B&P site yet. Those aren’t even the right headlights for a Lariat. Very possible, but we should look for some real life images. That being said, there are a couple of different lariat sport interiors that have been seen with and without the red console.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
From the latest Build Site the mirrors for the Lariat Sport are all black.
1605900948429.png
I agree with Boiler. There have been several instances so far where I have seen inconsistencies with what the CGI pictures on Ford's Build & Price tool compared to what is actually in person.

For instance, when you equip a Lariat with the 502A High package it will come built with the dual beam "LED Projector with Dynamic bending Headlamps" instead of the quad beam LED headlights that it shows in the pictures.
Sponsored