First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150, 2013 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Tech Director
So...here's the back story. I had a 2018 I sold to Carvana in the fall and I recently received a 2K PCO so I'm in the market. I am also eligible for X-Plan. I talked to the salesman I purchased my last truck from and he had two on the lot I was interested in. I really want leadfoot and they had an XLT with exactly the options I wanted and an XL that was ok, but really just a plan B. We worked out a deal on the XLT Thursday at noon and scheduled me to go in Friday morning to sign the paperwork. He told me he was putting it off to the side so nobody sold it......you can see where this is going. He texted me at 4:30 and said he didn't realize they already had a deal on it and so he would try to find one at another dealer. (My gut tells me since my deal was Xplan, someone came in and they decided to make more money) Anyway, they couldn't find anything so I said let's go with the XL then.....he informed me it is gone now too. He now wants to put in an order from me tomorrow but as I'm doing some research the lead times are like 6 months. Does this really make sense? Hell the 2022's will be out by then....or at least close. I don't want to lose my PCO, but I guess I could always lock in right before it expires if I don't find anything. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
You cannot use a PCO with X-Plan. Just sayin.

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
My apologizes, I was confusing A/Z with X-Plan.

Sponsored

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 f-150 powerboost, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
If you custom order, by the time you pay for the vehicle when it arrives, your PCO may have expired.

keeping on the pessimistic angle, perhaps they didn't want to sell any vehicle off the lot at X-Plan in today's market, and only wanted to do that for a custom order... perhaps...

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
So...here's the back story. I had a 2018 I sold to Carvana in the fall and I recently received a 2K PCO so I'm in the market. I am also eligible for X-Plan. I talked to the salesman I purchased my last truck from and he had two on the lot I was interested in. I really want leadfoot and they had an XLT with exactly the options I wanted and an XL that was ok, but really just a plan B. We worked out a deal on the XLT Thursday at noon and scheduled me to go in Friday morning to sign the paperwork. He told me he was putting it off to the side so nobody sold it......you can see where this is going. He texted me at 4:30 and said he didn't realize they already had a deal on it and so he would try to find one at another dealer. (My gut tells me since my deal was Xplan, someone came in and they decided to make more money) Anyway, they couldn't find anything so I said let's go with the XL then.....he informed me it is gone now too. He now wants to put in an order from me tomorrow but as I'm doing some research the lead times are like 6 months. Does this really make sense? Hell the 2022's will be out by then....or at least close. I don't want to lose my PCO, but I guess I could always lock in right before it expires if I don't find anything. Thoughts?
I think that all these parts suppliers that are holding up Ford's production are going to take advantage of the obvious fact that they have Ford by the balls and raise all their prices for the 2022 model year.

I could be wrong but logic dictates that the 2022s are going to considerably more expensive. And not just "Ford".

If you're going to order a truck, don't just order 1 from one dealer. Order as many as you can from multiple dealers (deposits are fully refundable) and buy the 1st one that shows up.

That way if they try to dick you around on the price because "nobody else has the truck you want" you can give them the bad news...

tardman91

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX
Maybe it’s your location, but I doubt it was because of x plan pricing. I’m getting an STX as soon as it shows up on the dealer lot (they ordered it, not a custom one, and it’s in transit). They’re giving me like $8,000 off MSRP. So much so it’s not even worth me using my x plan pricing.

Rich1982

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT/302A
Occupation
Semi retired
He is mistaken. You can use a PCO with X-Plan but not A/Z plans:
depends on the specific incentive - I am sitting here reading the fine print on my latest PCO "This offer may not be used in conjunction with most other Ford Motor Company private incentives or AXZD-Plans"

That said from my search I fond that many dealers were not allowing X plan currently and the ones that were allowing it I was able to negotiate deals lower than X plan, so no need to use the X plan. (negotiate was really just finding dealer that were advertising deals that were invoice less holdbacks and there was no further negotiating needed)

Chasinsparks

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Sho, 2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired United States Army
You can use Exclusive Cash Rewards with the X Plan, Not with the A/Z/D plans. But as other said you can you can generally do better than the X Plan. I was able to get lower than the X Plan on a Limited then I got the 2k ECR that will be used on top of that.

Prufrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PB
FYI costco plan was lower than X plan when I inquired.
Sponsored