Sponsored

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
I don't know about a '22, but with '23s (my 23 F-150 Plat and a 23 Super Duty Lariat on YouTube) the Lane Centering and BlueCruise are disabled when towing. I hope that makes you feel a little better for not getting it.
Wow really? Mine is not and this is even while the truck is in two mode and I have the latest software. I use it all the time
Sponsored

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Interesting setup.

I did a much longer trip from Toronto to PA, Washington DC, Virginial Beach through the Carolinas, then orlando florida (Disney), back through Pigeon Forge through NY back to Toronto last year for a total of 5600kms in 3.5 weeks.

I have a Lariat 3.5EB SCREW 4x4 with Max Tow, 20" wheels, and 2KW genny with 502 package. Payload is 1,729lbs. Towed a 267BHS (same length and similar weigth as you), but with 5 bikes in the bed.

No issues on the drive - in fact lane keep assist worked around 80% of the time. No sway (equalizer hitch). Overally completely comfortable ride.

Craziest trip i have every done in my life.

1684188065515.png
I have the Equalizer. Super easy once setup the way you want it

Pelican

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (502A) Supercrew 3.5L EcoBoost
Occupation
Financial Management
Thankful with the help of this forum I was able to spec my truck to ensure I had enough payload - 1843lbs because with my old f150 I was pushing or over the limit. My new truck with max tow and 3.55 gear ratio has a rating of 14,000lbs towing but reality is I would hit payload limit well below that even with my high payload rating.

As @Snakebitten highlights, options add up fast. You have a Lariat vs my xlt so you have a lot of payload eating options (though very nice to have when u aren't towing). For example - these are just high level estimates and are off a bit but on this forum there is a great list of payload hit per option
- Pano roof - 80lbs
- tailgate step - 45 lbs
- power running boards - 30 lbs
- navigation as part of copilot assist -8 lbs
- depending on stereo u got - 30 lbs
- adjustable gas/brake pedals - 8 lbs.

Any factory add on - bed liner, wheel covers etc also take away from payload.

So all the nice things you get with a Lariat do hit the payload but you get to enjoy them on a daily basis. As mentioned above I really regret not getting a few options that my Lariat owning friends have and highlight to me everytime I get in their trucks.

Because of this forum and having owned an under-payload truck before, I ended up learning a lot more of the details for this order which far exceeded what the salesperson knew and who quoted the 14,000lb towing capacity constantly! Also using Chandler's voice from friends - "Could Ford make towing calculations ANY MORE difficult?"

Lots of really good people on this forum know the calcs better than me and I am not giving recommendations but will share how I did my own if it helps (rightly or wrongly - lots will say payload is only an estimate that trucks can handle lots more or there are different ways to calc)

- 7000lbs *13% =910 lbs
- hitch - 100lbs
- wife and I plus a dog - 400lbs

Total before anything else in the truck is 1410 lbs. For us, that leaves 433 lbs for cargo in the truck - generator, bikes, luggage etc. For us that gives us lots of room. Again this is what I used and I am not suggesting it is the only way.

Hope that helps.
Why not remove the pano, get a sheet of plexi and some duct tape? Bingo, bango, payload back up. While you're at it, remove the unused seats and worthless carpeting. 🤪

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Carefully selective options restraint is the key to payload IMO, and that doesn't mean sacrificing things to 'bare bones' by any means. My 2022 Lariat 4x4 is very nicely equipped with conveniences while also delivering generous payload / towing capabilities .....

Ford F-150 Ontario to Mrytle beach 1500km (~900 miles) towing 7000lb trailer with 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost Max Tow F150 Window Sticker with Payload

Ford F-150 Ontario to Mrytle beach 1500km (~900 miles) towing 7000lb trailer with 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost Max Tow LARIAT WITH ESCAPE 01

Every mile brings a smile :) (y)
Sponsored