First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
Just wondering from my fellow Ontarians who are getting Kansas City built trucks, how did your trucks get here?

I was under the impression that they are usually transported by rail on KCS/ CP from KC to Ontario then convoy locally. I am confused by my window sticker which stated CONVOY under the method of transp box.

It makes me a little more anxious since I am reading on some of these threads how the limitation of truck drivers in the US is causing long delays in outbound shipments of assembled trucks to our F150 brethren here on this forum.

Any insight would be appreciated.... Thanks
Sponsored

DaveK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat, 2019 XT4
Interested to see some reply’s on this. Mine’s on the way from KC now, window says CONVOY. I would assume it goes rail from KC to southern Ontario and then onto trucks to dealers from there?

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
Most(all?) KC trucks have convoy on the sticker because there's no direct rail link from the factory. They get shipped to two nearby railyards and then get sent by train from there.
For Dearborn trucks, I've seen them getting delivered to the GTA via train or truck.

OP
OP

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
Most(all?) KC trucks have convoy on the sticker because there's no direct rail link from the factory. They get shipped to two nearby railyards and then get sent by train from there.
For Dearborn trucks, I've seen them getting delivered to the GTA via train or truck.
Thanks! That makes sense… the “convoy” is Fordspeak for how it leaves their factory I guess. Much appreciated!

DaveK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat, 2019 XT4
Fingers crossed the train derailment posted in another thread doesn’t affect deliveries to Ontario. (Or our trucks weren’t on that train!). The location looks to be east of KC on the way to the Canadian border.

Sponsored

Chewie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat
Ya mine also said convoy on sticker. I know the day after it was built it was sent to the rail yard by truck. Was super pumped! Order received 3/18, several rescheduled build dates and last one was 8/19. It was produced on 8/8 and shipped to rail yard 8/9. I thought maybe I’ll get it by early September.

The next day the tracker updated with an eta end date of 10/07 ?. Just can’t win. This is a long process and I purposely left things I knew in March were delaying builds like bedliners etc. Thought about cancelling but got such a good deal I’m waiting it out and on home stretch now……I hope

Leaf FNIAM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT Sport 2.7
So my 7/28 KCAP build window sticker also says convoy. My truck was shipped by rail Aug. 2, arrived in Toronto (Agincourt Yard) Aug. 10, now waiting for it to be offloaded and shipped to the dealer. Dealer says it could take a week to get through the railyard and delivered to them, 130kms away.

Chewie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat
Showed up in town on aug 20. Still don’t have it but it’s here. Built 8/8, KC rail yard 8/9, and trucked from Winnipeg to dealer on 8/20. Much faster than original eta end date of 10/7. Still over 5 months and counting from order date

Cutarm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT
Showed up in town on aug 20. Still don’t have it but it’s here. Built 8/8, KC rail yard 8/9, and trucked from Winnipeg to dealer on 8/20. Much faster than original eta end date of 10/7. Still over 5 months and counting from order date
My truck is tracking exactly the same as yours.
KCAP blend date Aug 11
Built Aug 13 and went for spray in on Aug 13
Completed and sent to rail Aug 19.

Same here. Throughout the build week the ETA was Sept 3. Changed to Oct 5 after the truck was delivered to the rail yard.

I am hoping it shows up in the next 10 days or so and the late ETA date is not accurate.

The dealership here in SE Sask had a KCAP truck land on their lot in 11 days after the truck was completed.
Sponsored

Last edited: