Sponsored

Online Purchases using Ford points

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Does anyone know if there is a way to buy accessories online and use your Ford points? I've seen where several members have made purchases at the dealer, but wanted to know if anyone honored points online.

Backstory: So I went in for my first oil change yesterday, and I while waiting, I went to parts and asked if I could use my points to purchase a bed divider. He stated that he wasn't sure, but thought I had to go through the service dept to use points. I asked the service department about it when my truck was ready and he stated, "I think you can, but I am not sure exactly how to do it". Of course he was the only one there. On the way home, I called another dealer nearby, and the guy said "UH......I don't think you can use them for anything really."

I mean WTF. I swear, I feel like since Covid ruined the world, customer service is non-existent. Now, I have to find out how the points work, so that I can explain it to someone that WORKS AT FORD, how to use them. Maybe that new Hyundai truck is nice? lol.
Sponsored

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Lol. Hyundai is the answer to anything.

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster, 2022 F150 Platty
I find it quite amusing when a marketing department executes programs that never get implemented...

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
Does anyone know if there is a way to buy accessories online and use your Ford points? I've seen where several members have made purchases at the dealer, but wanted to know if anyone honored points online.

Backstory: So I went in for my first oil change yesterday, and I while waiting, I went to parts and asked if I could use my points to purchase a bed divider. He stated that he wasn't sure, but thought I had to go through the service dept to use points. I asked the service department about it when my truck was ready and he stated, "I think you can, but I am not sure exactly how to do it". Of course he was the only one there. On the way home, I called another dealer nearby, and the guy said "UH......I don't think you can use them for anything really."

I mean WTF. I swear, I feel like since Covid ruined the world, customer service is non-existent. Now, I have to find out how the points work, so that I can explain it to someone that WORKS AT FORD, how to use them. Maybe that new Hyundai truck is nice? lol.
If you have the same experience as me and you make the transaction at the dealer, they did it under a work order and I actually got more points back for my "service visit" lol

I bought the molded front/rear splash guards using my Ford points. Dealer wanted another $110 to install them and I said no to that, super easy to install myself. I was supposed to have ~7,500 points left over after the purchase and my balance actually went up to 8926 once the credit came through.

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
I asked the service department about it when my truck was ready and he stated, "I think you can, but I am not sure exactly how to do it".
I unfortunately had a similar experience, it took a good 15 minutes for the service manager to figure it out on his computer. In the end, he did figure it out and it did go through as expected. I think it was done through his service software because it generated the work order and service invoice.

I had emailed them prior to make sure I could use my points and they said 'absolutely'. So there was no intent to steer me away or make it seem like I couldn't use them.

Sponsored

wilmaj32

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 GT500, 21 Powerboost Lariat , 12 Expedition
Occupation
Retired
No to the online purchases. At least I wasnt able to find any. You can purchase accessories at the dealer with the points. I use mine for oils changes.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Storytime

Called FPR this morning because I thought I had missing points(turns out I hadn’t created my account until months after the most expensive service I’ve done on my 15 (still don’t understand how throttle-body isn’t drivetrain)), anyway, I also ask about this, they said I have to use the points at the dealer, okay, my dealer is versed in it, so that shouldn’t be a problem.

Next question, I ordered a part from Ford Accessories website, but the points aren’t showing up for that, apparently you only get the points when you order a part the dealer installs…

Apparently asking if I mail it to the factory and they install it as it goes down the line, will I get points then, wasn’t as funny as I thought it was.

I don’t mind the program, but it’s almost useless.

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
Next question, I ordered a part from Ford Accessories website, but the points aren’t showing up for that, apparently you only get the points when you order a part the dealer installs…
Maybe it's because I went to the dealer and picked them up there, but I used my points on parts that the dealer did not install for me (see my post above)

Nevadajack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Explorer, 2015 Ford F250, 2022 Ford F150
Occupation
Plumber
Bought 3 items from Fairway Ford Parts online and had them shipped to my house. Used points for each item, just gave them my member ID #.
Very easy. ;)

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Maybe it's because I went to the dealer and picked them up there, but I used my points on parts that the dealer did not install for me (see my post above)
Wait, so you got points for an order from the Ford Accessories website that you picked up from the dealer? Cause that’s exactly what I did, ordered from Ford Accessories and arranged for pick up from my local dealer to save on shipping and picked it up from service.

I do think if I had called my dealers service department and had them order it, I would have gotten points, but I don’t know if they would have been able to get the 20% off that was available on the website. Then again, the FPR rep on the phone said the dealer has to install the part in order for me to receive points, which is silly since they’re literally running a battery and wiper blade promo right now… I’m sure some people pay the dealer to install wiper blades, but come on.

Sponsored

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
Wait, so you got points for an order from the Ford Accessories website that you picked up from the dealer? Cause that’s exactly what I did, ordered from Ford Accessories and arranged for pick up from my local dealer to save on shipping and picked it up from service.

I do think if I had called my dealers service department and had them order it, I would have gotten points, but I don’t know if they would have been able to get the 20% off that was available on the website. Then again, the FPR rep on the phone said the dealer has to install the part in order for me to receive points, which is silly since they’re literally running a battery and wiper blade promo right now… I’m sure some people pay the dealer to install wiper blades, but come on.
No I checked the accessories.ford.ca website, got the part numbers, emailed my dealer service department and told them I wanted them paid for in FordPass points. They confirmed they had them in stock, I went in and they processed the transaction under a 'service order' for the part cost only.

I didn't bother with any online transactions, don't trust Ford's websites after the horrific order tracking fiasco of the past year. I'm surprised the FordPoints worked at all, to be honest.

Last edited:

Hog_Johnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
+1 for Fairway Ford Parts. I emailed them with the P/N I wanted to buy and my member ID. They sent an invoice with the balance due after points and shipped them to my house.

OP
OP
Zyvin

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Bought 3 items from Fairway Ford Parts online and had them shipped to my house. Used points for each item, just gave them my member ID #.
Very easy. ;)
Awesome, I've ordered from them in the past, just before I had points. Thanks for the info.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
No to the online purchases. At least I wasnt able to find any. You can purchase accessories at the dealer with the points. I use mine for oils changes.
yeah, that's what I did when I bought my 2019 Ranger. change oil every 5k. Still haven't paid for one.
Sponsored