Onboard Scales

ghanvass

First Name
Shai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited Powerboost
Does anyone have onboard scales on their 2021 F-150? I just bought a 2021 Limited PowerBoost last week and I don't have an app for scales anywhere in the SYNC4 system. SYNC4 indicates no updates available. The dealer told me the truck is equipped with scales (despite no indication on the window sticker but also the 7.2kw generator was not listed on the window sticker since its standard equip. on Limited with 3.5L PB). Called Ford's Customer Support line and the rep had never heard of onboard scales. Any help to determine if I have it is appreciated.
Sponsored

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
it would depend on your build date of the truck. I believe it was any truck built after June 1st would have it with exception to any with the FX4 package.

Caniki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 Limited
I have a limited built in July (week of 7/5), no onboard scales. Ordered in April before they were an option. The option wasn't listed on the window sticker, but if you put the VIN into the Ford tracker, it showed that they were included.

OP
OP

ghanvass

First Name
Shai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a limited built in July (week of 7/5), no onboard scales. Ordered in April before they were an option. The option wasn't listed on the window sticker, but if you put the VIN into the Ford tracker, it showed that they were included.
Any way to tell if we have the hardware for it? My production date was 03/15/2021 but the taillamps appear to have load indicator LEDs in them.

Ford F-150 Onboard Scales IMG_1351.JPG

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
Does anyone have onboard scales on their 2021 F-150? I just bought a 2021 Limited PowerBoost last week and I don't have an app for scales anywhere in the SYNC4 system. SYNC4 indicates no updates available. The dealer told me the truck is equipped with scales (despite no indication on the window sticker but also the 7.2kw generator was not listed on the window sticker since its standard equip. on Limited with 3.5L PB). Called Ford's Customer Support line and the rep had never heard of onboard scales. Any help to determine if I have it is appreciated.
Strange that anyone at Ford doesn't know their product (or the new features recently added to the F-150 Hybrid.) Reminds me of walking into a Land Rover dealership and speaking with the rather unassuming middle-aged lady behind the front desk only to find her to be a deeply knowledgable enthusiast familiar with decades of Land Rovers and their peculiar strengths and weaknesses. The auto industry. I think all carmakers should endeavor to employ enthusiasts. If you talk to anyone at Rivian, you're talking with an expert in their product. Pretty much the same at Porsche – rare to encounter someone who doesn't isn't a knowledgeable enthusiast. Sadly, today, you have to talk to a hundred people at Tesla to have any chance of encountering someone who knows anything about the product beyond the narrow scope of their job.
Anyway, I've heard of other build errors and window sticker discrepancies (someone had paid for 7.2kW and it was on the sticker but the truck was built with the 2.4kW onboard power.) Unless the vehicle is equipped with the continuously controlled dampers, it doesn't have the onboard scales. The Limited includes this equipment today, but it sounds like the build date on your Limited came before this equipment was available.

Ford F-150 Onboard Scales Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 1.22.34 PM

It's not clear whether the Limited has to have Max Tow, but all other models (Lariat thru Platinum) require Max Tow. These should show up in the sticker somewhere, even if only as build codes.
Ford F-150 Onboard Scales Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 1.18.07 PM

Sponsored

trapperman

First Name
Theron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 f150
Occupation
retired ford millwright
I would have ordered this if it was available when I ordered in feb.
I wonder if it will come with my max tow package when I get truck in oct.
The window sticker doesnt seem to show it.

OP
OP

ghanvass

First Name
Shai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@F-150 Prius bummer you're right about my truck... this entire time my dealer led me to believe it was equipped with CCD & OBS. Guessing I have no recourse now. Ford needs to get their act together on this window sticker business. They should just list every item that could be considered an option, even if it is standard equipment on that trim level right on the window sticker (alternatively provide an easily available build sheet). For example my truck has the 7.2kW PPOB because it's standard on Limited but it isn't shown on the sticker. It gets confusing with so many trim levels, so many engine options, and so many restrictions/dependencies when it comes to configurations.

FordConvert

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 502A
Occupation
Builder
I’d love to know what hardware makes possible the onboard scales.
Sponsored