First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 F150 Screw, 2019 Camaro ZLE
Occupation
Engineer
Despite being a 21 order-2 option, I haven't seen any firsthand account of anyone actually having this option. Haven't even seen a window sticker with them. I’m wondering if its one if the unobtainable options in today’s chip shortage.
if anyone does have them:
-How consistent/accurate is the readout?
- if overweight, does it trigger a fault/warning (like a seatbelt reminder or similar)
- is there a payload reduction (due to mandatory CCD)
- is it still accurate with a WDH?
Sponsored

130 Ghost_Riders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB
Despite being a 21 order-2 option, I haven't seen any firsthand account of anyone actually having this option. Haven't even seen a window sticker with them. I’m wondering if its one if the unobtainable options in today’s chip shortage.
if anyone does have them:
-How consistent/accurate is the readout?
- if overweight, does it trigger a fault/warning (like a seatbelt reminder or similar)
- is there a payload reduction (due to mandatory CCD)
- is it still accurate with a WDH?
I ordered the scales and the CCD, I don’t know if that is why I had to change to a ‘22 but I can see it being part of the issue.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I saw a guy at Costco Sunday with furniture loaded up in his bed and two of the four scales LEDs were lit up and it was a powerboost. I didn't get a chance to chat him up. When he pulled away, I could tell it was in electric mode and didn't make a sound. There were four or five large boxes so maybe it all weighed about 750lbs or so.

Bandito

First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited PowerBoost
I have the scales in my Limited, but haven’t put anything in the bed or towed with it yet so can’t tell you much about how they work. I did note that when setting up the scales, it asks you what type of hitch that you’re using, including a weight-distributing hitch option.

chill_will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum 4x4
Occupation
Engineer
I have scales and CCD on my PB platinum. Used it loading hay last weekend. Built 9/27.

Sponsored

Way2qk4u2c

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 2015 Mustang GT
Occupation
Network admin
I have scales and CCD on my PB platinum. Used it loading hay last weekend. Built 9/27.
how does the ride compare to one without CCD? How would you rate it? A option must have?

chill_will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum 4x4
Occupation
Engineer
how does the ride compare to one without CCD? How would you rate it? A option must have?
I’m coming from a 2010 F150 but I just rode in my father-in-law’s 2019 limited and what I can say is that CCD, at least for me, is a GAME CHANGER. It’s unreal how smooth it is without feeling too floaty. I have a gravel driveway and driving on it feels the same as a paved road. I haven’t tested a non-CCD ‘21 to know how much better it is but I would go out on a limb and say it’s a must have if you are like 90% of owners who do serious, Ford commercial style off-roading rarely.

n8dgr8

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Platinum
It works really well over speed bumps too. You can drive the speed limit without slowing down. It takes all of the reverberation out. It is nice but not a must have.

n8dgr8

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Platinum
I tried putting 500lbs in the back, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but it seems like it takes a lot of weight before the Onboard Scales show anything. Or does the truck need to be on before you start to load it up???

RR89

First Name
Poindexter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
I tried putting 500lbs in the back, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but it seems like it takes a lot of weight before the Onboard Scales show anything. Or does the truck need to be on before you start to load it up???
Did you set it up correctly in the display? I have one on order but have been watching videos, see if this helps:

Sponsored

n8dgr8

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Platinum
Did you set it up correctly in the display? I have one on order but have been watching videos, see if this helps:

I'm sure I did not set it up correctly. I think the truck needs to be on before you start to load it??? It might zero out every time it turns off and on regardless of how much weight is already in the bed??? Most of the videos are just overviews, not detailed step by step instructions. "Scale Mode" seems to work fine if I have the truck on and reset the weight from the For Pass App.

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
I'm sure I did not set it up correctly. I think the truck needs to be on before you start to load it??? It might zero out every time it turns off and on regardless of how much weight is already in the bed??? Most of the videos are just overviews, not detailed step by step instructions. "Scale Mode" seems to work fine if I have the truck on and reset the weight from the For Pass App.
Have you been able to get your on-board scales (55S) to work yet? I’m curious what you think. Would you recommend them?

What specifically are the on-board scales measuring? Are the scales measuring the entire added weight to the truck (I.e. added weight felt by the front axle and the added weight felt by the rear axle) or just the weight addition felt by the rear axle?

I guess it would probably be helpful to know where on the truck the on-board scales are located.

Last edited:

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
❓Does anyone know what the On-Board measure? Anyone used them yet and can provide some feedback?

n8dgr8

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Platinum
Have you been able to get your on-board scales (55S) to work yet? I’m curious what you think. Would you recommend them?

What specifically are the on-board scales measuring? Are the scales measuring the entire added weight to the truck (I.e. added weight felt by the front axle and the added weight felt by the rear axle) or just the weight addition felt by the rear axle?

I guess it would probably be helpful to know where on the truck the on-board scales are located.
It measures each shock as they compress. The truck has to be on, in park, level, and wheels straight. It is front and back, not just the back. I can see it change by my weight if I climb in the bed or the front seat.

One screen has a bar graph that is hard to read. It basically show how close you get to the max weight.

On another screen, it tells you how much weight you have added since starting the truck +/- 100 lbs. The main problem is that the truck shuts off after 30 minutes and it resets.

With the family in the truck and just skis in the back, there are only a couple hundred pounds left.

I haven’t tried a trailer yet.

I really like the CCD shocks but not too impressed with the scales. Old school, eyeballing the space left in the wheel well seems to work just as well without the complexity.

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
I have a 2021 PB built in November. I have CCD without scales. Ride is smooth. I didn’t want the scales so didn’t option with it.

because I know someone is going to come along and say you can’t get the ccd without scales. You can.
Using the builder tool on the website you can spec CCD without scales and without max tow package just takes clicking in the correct order. I felt max tow was a waste with the PB so made sure my build stayed with the trailer tow package while adding CCD.
Sponsored

Last edited: