First Name
fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 302A Sport 7.2Kw
Occupation
retired
Hey sbreech! I saw this rig in California ( 2015 ). My rig is in background. Not a T@b, but I thought it was cool.

Ford F-150 Old Fart needs new ride 1662084109607
Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Thanks Ryan. It would have to be a helluva deal for me to drive to Iowa. Others found it worth it?
This 70 years-young buyer had never bought a vehicle from an out-of-state dealer until, with some skepticism, contacting Chip Giles at Granger Ford.

Yes, I found Granger worth it from Texas even with fly-and-drive (900 miles from home).
  • Final Vehicle Sales Price = 3% below invoice at time of order
  • Low total document fee+Iowa transit tag fee, fully disclosed up-front (verify those costs with all dealers)
  • Price and Ford Financing rate/terms protection (Buyer's choice of financing incentives in-place at time of order or in-place at at time of delivery, whichever is best for you; OR other financing / cash, makes no difference, the Final Vehicle Sales Price stays the same)
  • The protected price is what's paid upon delivery - no shenanigans like paying un-protected price at time of delivery and waiting for a refund check for the difference after delivery (yes, some dealers do the latter - caveat emptor)
  • Nothing about the sales price or discounting is tied to source of financing (yes, some 'discounting' dealers do that - caveat emptor)
  • Absolutely stellar customer service and response to questions from start of order discussions through after-sale follow-up; all of Granger's policies and practices are totally up-front, fully disclosed, no semantic games or pulling eye-teeth to get explicit straight answers, absolutely never any hint of dealer add-ons by anyone along the way.
  • NO SURPRISES whatsoever through the entire process (for anything and everything within dealer control - Ford Corporate is a different matter with scheduling and commodity availability issues, but at least Granger is quick to update on those things they cannot control)
Bottom line, this Olde Phart had the best experience of my entire car-buying life in dealing with Chip Giles and the entire team at Granger Ford. The dollar-savings was fantastic, the buying-experience was PRICELESS.

IMO Granger's business model sets the high-benchmark for customer service and satisfaction others may strive to achieve, but few (if any) manage to equal. Personally I'm convinced this is not a matter of a few individuals at the dealership, it's the Granger Corporate ethos top-to-bottom.

Last edited:

AntyRun

First Name
Anty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford F150
Here something to help you firm up a price. Also if Chapman gives 2% under invoice and price protection from date of order. (Not listed in Chapmans post but it may be) You'll do well with them price wise. Save a trip to Iowa.
Wow this is cool, thank you for sharing

OP
OP
fwunder

fwunder

First Name
fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Wow! Thanks Pops! ;)

You gave me a whole toolbox of things to consider. Thanks for all of it!

This will be a great reference moving forward. BTW, when crossing country in 2015 I dragged my trailer straight to Kickapoo, IL. in one looooong day so I know it's doable.

Thanks again and today should be interesting....

fred

This 70 years-young buyer had never bought a vehicle from an out-of-state dealer until, with some skepticism, contacting Chip Giles at Granger Ford.

Yes, I found Granger worth it from Texas even with fly-and-drive (900 miles from home).
  • Final Vehicle Sales Price = 3% below invoice at time of order
  • Low total document fee+Iowa transit tag fee, fully disclosed up-front (verify those costs with all dealers)
  • Price and Ford Financing rate/terms protection (Buyer's choice of financing incentives in-place at time of order or in-place at at time of delivery, whichever is best for you; OR other financing / cash, makes no difference, the Final Vehicle Sales Price stays the same)
  • The protected price is what's paid upon delivery - no shenanigans like paying un-protected price at time of delivery and waiting for a refund check for the difference after delivery (yes, some dealers do the latter - caveat emptor)
  • Nothing about the sales price or discounting is tied to source of financing (yes, some 'discounting' dealers do that - caveat emptor)
  • Absolutely stellar customer service and response to questions from start of order discussions through after-sale follow-up; all of Granger's policies and practices are totally up-front, fully disclosed, no semantic games or pulling eye-teeth to get explicit straight answers, absolutely never any hint of dealer add-ons by anyone along the way.
  • NO SURPRISES whatsoever through the entire process (for anything and everything within dealer control - Ford Corporate is a different matter with scheduling and commodity availability issues, but at least Granger is quick to update on those things they cannot control)
Bottom line, this Olde Phart had the best experience of my entire car-buying life in dealing with Chip Giles and the entire team at Granger Ford. The dollar-savings was fantastic, the buying-experience was PRICELESS.

IMO Granger's business model sets the high-benchmark for customer service and satisfaction others may strive to achieve, but few (if any) manage to equal. Personally I'm convinced this is not a matter of a few individuals at the dealership, it's the Granger Corporate ethos top-to-bottom.

OP
OP
fwunder

fwunder

First Name
fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
This is from: Lock in rate

Place a new vehicle retail order for a 2023 Ford F-150®, Ranger®, Bronco® Sport, Explorer®, Edge®, Expedition® or Transit Connect® through a local authorized Ford Dealer on or before 9/5/22 and lock in 2.9% APR financing for 60 months at $17.92 per month per $1,000 financed regardless of down payment.

Sponsored

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Thanks 780. I thought the tailgate step was part of the bed utility package? Yeah, I do tow - small trailer. I thought about tow mirrors, but thought aftermarket if I feel I need them? I don't need them now with my 4Runner/trailer combo.

fred
Yeah, if you find you don't need them now, skip 'em. For me, the amount of times I'm in and out of the bed loading stuff, my truck will always have the tailgate step. Love that feature.

Vin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
... my truck will always have the tailgate step. Love that feature.
Me too. And I'm only a middle-aged fart. The step came as part of the bed utility package on my 2022.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Regarding Ford OE tow mirrors .....

I added 'em to my 2005 F150 XLT when they became available in 2006. I towed a 17ft Casita trailer with that rig for ~17 years (that narrow trailer is the same width as the truck and about the same as the small Oliver)
  • IME the trailer tow mirrors were / are never and 'obstruction' to viewing in any direction (slight easy and intuitive head-movement in-play as appropriate)
  • IME the real value of the TT mirrors is the full-width convex section at the bottom; I much prefer 'eyes'on' observation of that area of coverage over the warnings provided by 'BLIS' systems or awkward over-the-shoulder head-turning
  • I quickly came to appreciate the TT mirrors for daily non-towing driving
I now tow a 21ft 5th wheel which is 7'4" wide and ~1ft longer behind the truck than my former 17ft Casita.

I'm very glad to have the Ford OE TT mirrors again on my 2022 Lariat, even for daily driving, mainly for that huge convex mirror section covering what would otherwise be a 'blind-spot'. I will add that having power-fold, which is only available at Lariat or higher trim, is a convenient plus over the manual fold on my older XLT.

There's definite pros-and-cons with both mirror choices. I would urge shoppers to not rely on youtube or other folk's opinions - go to a dealer and test-drive both even if on a truck not otherwise meeting your spec.

IMO there's no substitute for an open-minded first-hand test for making a truly informed decision, and this is an easy, fun, and enlightening test to conduct. It just might change your perspective (pun intended in every sense).

Yes, after-the-fact addition of TT mirrors is possible (sold as an accessory) but the cost is significantly greater than when ordered as OE. Try to avoid regret in (ahem) hindsight ;) !

Just for your consideration, Happy Shopping!

PS on edit - do the same at-dealer pre-purchase test climbing into the bed with / without using the tailgate step on a 4WD truck. IME it only takes once to demonstrate the high value of that feature, and one doesn't have to need access in the bed very often to make it very worthwhile.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fwunder

fwunder

First Name
fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I grew up listening to a great radio sportscaster calling the Baltimore Orioles baseball games. Anytime Brooks Robinson or Boog Powell would hit another home run, Chuck Thompson would exclaim, "Ain't the beer cold!!"

This one's for you Chuck!!

Order in and confirmed by Ford!!

2% under invoice and 2.9% @ 60 months locked in!!

Ain't the beer cold!!

Thanks everyone for helping me through this part. I will be leaning on y'all a lot more I am sure!

fred

emmafrank87

First Name
Emma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
From [email protected]

"Sorry for or the late reply Emma, we price according to what Ford does if Ford price protects we will if they change the pricing we will honor the 2% under invoice at the time of delivery whatever that may be"

Sponsored

OP
OP
fwunder

fwunder

First Name
fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Found one more incentive and read that it can be combined with financing incentive. Half of what it was last year but better than nuthin! The gotcha is the "take delivery by 1/03/2023"

$500 - Ford Retail Order Bonus Cash Certificate

DETAILS:
Ford Retail Order Bonus Cash Certificate (#38430). Eligible buyers may receive a Ford Retail Order Bonus Cash Certificate on select new vehicles. Incentive may be incompatible with certain finance types or other cash programs, based on individual program rules. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 01/03/2023. Residency restrictions apply. See dealer for qualifications and complete details.

Eldon

First Name
Eldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011and 2022 Camry 2023 Ford F150 Platinum Ordered
Occupation
Retired Navy
I was looking locally for a new Ford F-150. Found one in Topeka, KS. MSRP was 74,585. It had almost everything I was looking for. When I went to the dealer, they were asking $79,585. Yep, $5000 over MSRP. I went to another dealer, in another town and found out I can order a 2023 for MSRP. That was better, but I had to leave off a few of the options (chip issues). Some how I found this forum that led me to contact Chip Giles at Granger Ford in Granger Iowa, and thank goodness. I was able to order my Platinum, again with everything except the chip shortage junk. Long story short, I saved almost $11,000 from the over MSRP, dealer fees, and hidden charges. For me, a five hour bus trip is worth the savings any day of the week. There offer of 3% below invoice is amazing. It cost nothing to get a quote and then compare and see if it's worth it to you.

OP
OP
fwunder

fwunder

First Name
fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
That's great Eldon! Good job. Thanks to this forum I got my order in @ 2% under invoice with Chapman in Egg Harbor, NJ. Only 1.5 hour from home. We'll see how it goes, but so far everything has been on the level and my order sheet is exactly what I want.

JerseyShoreFord

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmanford.net
Vehicles
F-150, Explorer, F-250, Escape
Occupation
Internet Manager
I know Chapman in Horsham WILL NOT lock prices, but I'm not sure about the Chapman referenced in this posting - EHT Chapman. What say you @JerseyShoreFord ?
We will honor the price but if changes to the order are made which results in the price changing then we would have to adjust to the new price still at 2% under.
Sponsored