Ok I’m replacing my cab mounted ant question

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
is that the metal bottom of the ant that is corroded so bad ?
freaky hellllll
thats unacceptable imo

whichs brings up the next question. do i have to drop headliner to get any off and apply some preservative to mine
We used to get a TON of internal complaints at KTP on the exp/nav about dirt under paint in the “horse collar” area, that’s the area of metal when you open the lift gate, around the opening. So the only time it was visible was when the lift gate was open. By internal complaints, I’m referring to the end of line inspectors would see it and they’d complain and quality would require us to fix it, costing us hundreds or thousand of hours in repair time

we never had a warranty claim from a customer and it didn’t affect form fit or function in ANY way, and after a year to 18 months we finally got them to drop it.

my point is, if you never see it, and it doesn’t affect anything, what does it matter?
Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
We used to get a TON of internal complaints at KTP on the exp/nav about dirt under paint in the “horse collar” area, that’s the area of metal when you open the lift gate, around the opening. So the only time it was visible was when the lift gate was open. By internal complaints, I’m referring to the end of line inspectors would see it and they’d complain and quality would require us to fix it, costing us hundreds or thousand of hours in repair time

we never had a warranty claim from a customer and it didn’t affect form fit or function in ANY way, and after a year to 18 months we finally got them to drop it.

my point is, if you never see it, and it doesn’t affect anything, what does it matter?
thats good to know
my exp i wiped that area down at every wash. it was always nasty as heck in just a few days. add in the area under the lift glass.
my wifes edge is same way. trapps crap all around
but these ant should have the metal treated and coated. its not a ground :) :unsure:

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
thats good to know
my exp i wiped that area down at every wash. it was always nasty as heck in just a few days. add in the area under the lift glass.
my wifes edge is same way. trapps crap all around
but these ant should have the metal treated and coated. its not a ground :) :unsure:
I certainly don’t disagree they could’ve done more to prevent corrosion on that piece, but had you not seen that pic, it’s likely you would’ve never known and probably won’t ever have an issue with it.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
I certainly don’t disagree they could’ve done more to prevent corrosion on that piece, but had you not seen that pic, it’s likely you would’ve never known and probably won’t ever have an issue with it.
i would have noticed right away if powder or any weirdness showed up
i have been chasing corrosion and its prevention for over 3 decades. o_O

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
i would have noticed right away if powder or any weirdness showed up
i have been chasing corrosion and its prevention for over 3 decades. o_O
This explains why you feel so strongly then! :)
Sponsored