What oil was used for this run?
Sponsored

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
Anyone seen this?
I've always used Mobile 1 in my new vehicles and Walmart Supertech in my old used vehicles.
I'm considering moving to the "High Mileage" versions based on viscosity and wear reduction as evidenced in the test.
Also, a direct Penzoil only comparison here. Surprising results!

OP
OP

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
If this lab report is was from the 6K interval and you typically change at 5K my guess is you are fine at 5K.

However, without seeing your last 5K report (or two if the differ much) it's difficult for us to offer meaningful input.
The column to the right of the "Unit/ Location Averages" is just under my 5k interval. The oil weight was just slightly under SAE 30 with 5k miles.

OP
OP

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Do you do a lot of stop and go along with towing heavy load? If any are yes, I would change the oil sooner, around 4k miles. FWIW, I"m using Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30. Full synthetic because they handle heat better. IMHO, turbo's can cook the oil pretty good and we have 2 of them.
I actually don't. My driving is around 90% highway (65 miles daily), the majority of the idling is remote start and hovers around 5-10 mins per day. I do have a heavier foot and I think the turbos are shearing the oil sooner.

Sponsored

TruckGuy2020

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Military
Hey everyone, wanted to share my most recent oil analysis. When I purchased my truck from the dealer, it had around 350 miles on it. It was originally delivered to a dealer in Jacksonville and I purchased it in Miami, hence the miles. Understandably, I was worried about the break in and how it was driven for those 350 miles. My last ecoboost was totaled in an accident and this was at the peak of chip shortages. It was 1 of 3 in the lot (June 2021) so I took my chances. I have religiously maintained it with Motorcraft semi synthetic oil changes every 5K, except for this last run at 6K. Many roadtrips and towing sessions later, I am absolutely in love with the truck. With the exception of OTA/ battery issues, the truck rides and drives like a dream. The only concerning part for me is the oil viscosity but it does not seem to be an issue at this time.

blackstone.png
I had same viscosity issue with my 2.7 at 20k miles (4500 on the oil). No fuel dilution or coolant. I had Mobil1 EP, I’m wondering if that’s what caused low viscosity? I did have several short trips during my 4500 miles. Did you have any similar oil or type use?

OP
OP

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I had same viscosity issue with my 2.7 at 20k miles (4500 on the oil). No fuel dilution or coolant. I had Mobil1 EP, I’m wondering if that’s what caused low viscosity? I did have several short trips during my 4500 miles. Did you have any similar oil or type use?
No, I have towed some heavy loads but only for like 300 miles out of the 6000, the rest was mostly highway miles on motorcrafy synthetic blend. I just think these turbos chew up the oil real good. After learning this, I wouldnt change my oil based on the oil life monitor. It seems like 4k-4.5k will be the sweet spot for me.

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
No, I have towed some heavy loads but only for like 300 miles out of the 6000, the rest was mostly highway miles on motorcrafy synthetic blend. I just think these turbos chew up the oil real good. After learning this, I wouldnt change my oil based on the oil life monitor. It seems like 4k-4.5k will be the sweet spot for me.
I shared this and agree with you and using the same oil. 5k oil change interval here. Might spend the $30 during my ~13k oil change for another lab test to confirm the comments about break in compounds.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...ories-oil-report-3-5-eco-w-7-857-miles.13083/

PatchManager

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer
That is an excellent report. Regardless whether the oil thinned, the engine did great. You can already see that the wear metals are trending down, but I would tend to think that these numbers aren’t likely to go down much further. You went an additional 1000 miles on this oil change and the numbers were almost the same. Since you went 20 percent further, you would expect the wear metal numbers to be 20 percent bigger if you had the same rate of wear.

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
Anyone seen this?
I've always used Mobile 1 in my new vehicles and Walmart Supertech in my old used vehicles.
I'm considering moving to the "High Mileage" versions based on viscosity and wear reduction as evidenced in the test.
Also, a direct Penzoil only comparison here. Surprising results!
Im only not surprised because there's a thread with 47,000 posts on the Ram Hemi forum about finding the best oil producing the best UOA. (Those hemi eat lifters with meh and down oil). PUP and redline are the bee's knees over there. They ever were able to get the Pennzoil oil engineer/ rep to post for a while.

Sponsored

Uncorked

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XL
Im only not surprised because there's a thread with 47,000 posts on the Ram Hemi forum about finding the best oil producing the best UOA. (Those hemi eat lifters with meh and down oil). PUP and redline are the bee's knees over there. They ever were able to get the Pennzoil oil engineer/ rep to post for a while.
You have a line for that? Google is being stubborn.

OP
OP

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Ford F-150 Oil Analysis at 25K (3.5L EcoBoost V6) C3C333F5-0265-4435-B671-3D79E0800DB2

Just a quick update on my last analysis. The truck is running great! Im very happy with my 3.5EB
Sponsored