Official SPACE WHITE 14th Gen F-150 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota 4Runner
so, maybe a bit "unofficial" until Ford finally reveals a truck in Space White....
created these simulations by color/tone editing B&P images of iconic silver
something to look at until the real thing comes along! o_O

Ford F-150 Official SPACE WHITE 14th Gen F-150 Thread SWsim1

Ford F-150 Official SPACE WHITE 14th Gen F-150 Thread SWsim2
Sponsored

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota 4Runner
I'd say its pretty close replica of this Mach-E in Space White paint, a color I really love :love:

Ford F-150 Official SPACE WHITE 14th Gen F-150 Thread Space White Mach-E.PNG

Ford F-150 Official SPACE WHITE 14th Gen F-150 Thread Space White Mach-E rear.PNG

Last edited:
OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Space White color selection acts "wonky" when placing an order through a dealership. My local dealer got a strange "incompatible with engine selection" error when pairing Space White with both the XLT (302A) 3.5-Hybrid and the Lariat (502A) 3.5-Hybrid. It suggests you cannot get a Hybrid Powerboost drivetrain in a truck with Space White paint. That sounds crazy. The dealer sales rep agreed and said its most likely just a bug with the ordering software. He's going to contact Ford Motor after this Labor Day holiday and get it clarified.

I will post up what's learned about this anomaly. ?

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Got the answer regarding SW and Powerboost.... they are NOT COMPATIBLE :mad:

Told that Powerboost hybrid engine F-150's are being assembled only in Dearborn, MI plant. And that "Space White" color can only be done with equipment in the Kansas City plant. That's a strange twist of fate for someone (like me) really wanting both for their new truck.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
If only Dearborn is going to produce the Powerboost, that is going to be one busy place come this fall. Not everyone on this board is opting for it, but it seems like the vast majority are. You can choose SW and Powerboost on the config, must be another thing that needs to be updated when the official config goes live.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Yeah, even the published 2021 Order Guide book shows it, or at least implies it with a mix of compatible choices. This sounds like a factory infrastructure thing that only gets triggered when making an official dealer order.

I suspect that over time the KC plant will gain ability to assemble Powerboost trucks if demand warrants. But for us out-the-gate, early enthusiasts you cannot have your cake and eat it too... if you wish for a Space White painted Powerboost'd truck. :cautious:

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Does this apply to all the F150s with the PowerBoost engines or just the ones with the Hybrid PowerBoost?

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Does this apply to all the F150s with the PowerBoost engines or just the ones with the Hybrid PowerBoost?
Assuming you meant to ask if a 3.5-Ecoboost (non-hybrid) can be Space White. I didn't ask that but my guess is Yes.

Brettmess24

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Range Rover Sport SVR
Occupation
Banking
Same boat here lariat with powerboost and local dealer says 50/50 chance and apparently can’t do star white so only Oxford or leadfoot....
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.