Official SMOKED QUARTZ 14th Gen F-150 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneStar

Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Thread starter for posting more photos & videos of this new for 2021 interesting paint color

2021 F-150 Smoked Quartz.jpg

Last edited:

Golf17

First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150
Occupation
Pilot
Does anyone know if this color is the same as what was previously offered on the explorers? If you YouTube smoked quartz explorer on YouTube theres a few videos of people doing walk arounds at a dealer and the color doesnt look nearly as nice as it does here ( I know these are ford edited photos for the reveal So they probably could’ve made anything look good) but this color is on my list of possibilities...

OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Does anyone know if this color is the same as what was previously offered on the explorers? If you YouTube smoked quartz explorer on YouTube theres a few videos of people doing walk arounds at a dealer and the color doesnt look nearly as nice as it does here ( I know these are ford edited photos for the reveal So they probably could’ve made anything look good) but this color is on my list of possibilities...
I'd say yes, maybe. Doesn't seem as "blue" as in images on the F-150 though

Granger Ford

First Name
Albert
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Customer Relations for Granger Motors
The pictures from inside seem more blue than the pictures taken outside...

1599222201492.png

kenpitt

First Name
ken
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150
Occupation
retired
This is from the reveal. Looks like smoked quartz.

Smoked Quartz F-150.png
Saw this color on the website and pictures like this and thought wow, very nice, went to a dealer lot to see a used Explorer when the sun was out and also when got a little cloudy. Was not that impressed.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Jeep Rubicon LJ, 2018 Toyota Tacoma
I think, at this point, only a few things are keeping me from pulling the trigger. The color is #1 on that list. Smoked Quartz is the leading color, based on the F-150 photos. But, I have not seen a lot of Explorer photos that give me a good feeling. Silver, Carbonized Grey, and Antimatter Blue are still on the list, but I hate to order a truck and then hate the color. Also, not seeing the official Unique Black interior from Ford makes it hard. If the interior really has Carmello highlights, and Smoked Quartz isn't as blue-hue'd as I think it is, Antimatter may jump to the top.

adrian90210

First Name
Adrian
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Occupation
Construction
I wanted to order smoked quartz based on the explorer videos online, but the dealership didn't have any smoked quartz explorers on their lots (checked with all my surrounding dealers) so I ended up ordering a KR in Agate Black to play it safe. Just worried the SQ would have too much blue in it.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicles
I wanted to order smoked quartz based on the explorer videos online, but the dealership didn't have any smoked quartz explorers on their lots (checked with all my surrounding dealers) so I ended up ordering a KR in Agate Black to play it safe. Just worried the SQ would have too much blue in it.
I am hoping to see an SQ F-150 in person or through excellent photographs before I order...but I am hoping it DOES have some blue in it. To each their own...

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L

I was able to find an older Lincoln (2017 I think) there were only two smoked quartz cars in all of the Indy area...

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leveling kit, more aggressive tires, and remove that air-dam hanging from the chin and I think I could be in business.

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Leveling kit, more aggressive tires, and remove that air-dam hanging from the chin and I think I could be in business.
The Lariat and below with 4x4 will have all-terrains stock. The limited is running on car tires.

I truly don't get why they cant fix the stance with some sort of active suspension. I know it kills handling/braking when loaded, but a level stance looks so damn good compared to the rake.

I can take or leave the air dam. It doesn't bother me.

I leveled my current 2011 with leveling struts (plus 34" tires) and I am super happy with it. The only thing I will miss going to my 2021 will be the stance, until I get the itch.

golf.JPG

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicles
The Lariat and below with 4x4 will have all-terrains stock. The limited is running on car tires.

I truly don't get why they cant fix the stance with some sort of active suspension. I know it kills handling/braking when loaded, but a level stance looks so damn good compared to the rake.

I can take or leave the air dam. It doesn't bother me.

I leveled my current 2011 with leveling struts (plus 34" tires) and I am super happy with it. The only thing I will miss going to my 2021 will be the stance, until I get the itch.

golf.JPG
Good looking truck!

I get it, the people who typically buy the upper trim levels are not going to be using it for anything other than boulevard cruising. They should give you the option, especially if you order the 4x4 or the FX4 package to upgrade to a more aggressive tire. The above Platinum looks silly sporting that FX4 badge with those dinky tires.

In hindsight, the air-dam might stay. I said the same thing about my Tacoma and never took it off. It looks big in that picture, but may look right on the truck in person.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisement