• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
I'm impressed with the price, but disappointed with the range. Was hoping for 300 mile range standard, with 400 extended.

However, I will say that this truck would meet my needs around town. I would only need additional range on trips.
Do most people need a truck "around town"? unless they are a delivery company.
Sponsored

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid 3.5L V6 twin-turbocharged Ecoboost
PowerBoost owners punching the air right about now

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
I def don't need a pickup, but this is my backup plan if my bronco takes forever to get here.
This PB owner happily ordered and upgrading to Lightning. Expect strong resale on PB KR.

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I’m here to burst bubbles...
1593AB05-CFA7-47FA-8944-ECA3B8437EF1.png
Not a single other person under 10813xxx, and you're at 10803111?

Did they reserve some <10813xxx numbers for people with connections or something? Block off a bunch for dealers to give out?

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
Not a single other person under 10813xxx, and you're at 10803111?

Did they reserve some <10813xxx numbers for people with connections or something? Block off a bunch for dealers to give out?
Maybe? My reservation was made as soon as the link was active. Been wondering if a “0” indicates a prior-to-event reservation.

Capt Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat SUper Crew 500a 3.5 EB Max Tow
I never was able to find out anything about the weight but I saw an article this morning that said 6500#. Way better than GMs offering.

stimpy

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Maybe? My reservation was made as soon as the link was active. Been wondering if a “0” indicates a prior-to-event reservation.
Reservation numbers are not strictly sequential. The backend servers were issuing them in blocks so your number could be lower or higher depending on which one you hit. I made 2 reservations and the second one I made a few minutes after the first has a lower number.

It’s the same system they used for the Bronco and they said it’s the reservation timestamp in the system that matters, not the number itself.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Reservation numbers are not strictly sequential. The backend servers were issuing them in blocks so your number could be lower or higher depending on which one you hit. I made 2 reservations and the second one I made a few minutes after the first has a lower number.

It’s the same system they used for the Bronco and they said it’s the reservation timestamp in the system that matters, not the number itself.
It definitely seems *mostly* sequential, but it makes sense that the time stamp is the final word. Do they have info down to partial minutes? Or is everyone at 9:40p EST in the same boat?

Sponsored

stimpy

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
It definitely seems *mostly* sequential, but it makes sense that the time stamp is the final word. Do they have info down to partial minutes? Or is everyone at 9:40p EST in the same boat?
Yes, they are mostly sequential.

The timestamp is going to be very precise, down to milliseconds at least. However, a few seconds won’t make much of a difference in when you will get your truck because other variables, such as commodities, dealer allocation and regional scheduling will play a larger role at that point.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro

The timestamp is going to be very precise, down to milliseconds at least. However, a few seconds won’t make much of a difference in when you will get your truck because other variables, such as commodities, dealer allocation and regional scheduling will play a larger role at that point.
Right, still lots of variables, so it was more of a theoretical question.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2016 Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
retired oceanographer

tl;dr: Don't get caught up on reservation numbers.

We went through this ad nauseam with the Mustang Mach E reservation system. Analyzing the timing of reservations the night of the MME reveal showed there were three to four servers/server banks running simultaneously, each accessing a different set of 1000 reservation numbers (4000-4999, 5000-5999, 6000-6999, and maybe 7000-7999). Reservation numbers appeared to have been issues sequentially from each set of numbers but simultaneously across the sets. As all reservations were not completed, all numbers were not assigned, leaving gaps. Ford repeatedly stated that timestamp matters, not reservation number.

More importantly, the order bank was opened to all reservation holders simultaneously. It didn't matter if you had the first or the last reservation when it came time to make orders. However, the order number was the same as the reservation number, so the reservation number still had some value.

Production was not sequential by reservation or order. Lots of variables are considered to optimize line speed and sequence production to allow freight cars to be loaded for destination rail yards. Similar issues came up at shipping time to maximize shipping efficiency.

I've heard similar stories when the system was later used for Bronco Sports and Broncos.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2016 Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
retired oceanographer
Do most people need a truck "around town"? unless they are a delivery company.
Yes. I see landscape trucks on my street daily. Think about all the construction work and other service companies that use pickup trucks. Think about golf courses and parks. Most trucks are used close to their home base for the majority of their operation.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Yes. I see landscape trucks on my street daily. Think about all the construction work and other service companies that use pickup trucks. Think about golf courses and parks. Most trucks are used close to their home base for the majority of their operation.
yes i was thinking about soccer moms going grocery shopping
Sponsored