Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Thanks Bob,
you could take a couple of chairs and someone to operate the video camera and do an onsite question and answer session. Get the scoop on everything and start a youtube channel.
Lol, yeah but not my style, need some hot chick to do the talking...
Sponsored

Alan Coles

First Name
AC53
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2015 VW Touareg TDi, 2011 Lincoln MKZ, and motorcycles
Anyone confirmed if ordering the lariat with sport package if that locks you into awful red interior?
The only Lariat Sport Package interior is listed as Black, with no other options.
However, Ford pictures show it with significant and nice (to my eye) saddle to reddish-brown interior accents

91heelncville

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek
Lol, yeah but not my style, need some hot chick to do the talking...
Don't care if you're even uglier than I am bro. I read every one of your posts. Kind of marveling at how much you know about this. Thanks for the quality input. I'm a first time F150 buyer and really get a lot of value out of your posts and this forum in general.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Don't care if you're even uglier than I am bro. I read every one of your posts. Kind of marveling at how much you know about this. Thanks for the quality input. I'm a first time F150 buyer and really get a lot of value out of your posts and this forum in general.
Wow, very kind of you to say so, was my pleasure sir!

I, like you, once came to a site like this to save money and get information so I could make a better deal and smart choices. Others have helped me and now I'm just passing on what I can.

I do want to thank the Administrators of this site! This is not the biggest F150 forum but it is my favorite!

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Wow, very kind of you to say so, was my pleasure sir!

I, like you, once came to a site like this to save money and get information so I could make a better deal and smart choices. Others have helped me and now I'm just passing on what I can.

I do want to thank the Administrators of this site! This is not the biggest F150 forum but it is my favorite!
smaller sites create a personal atmosphere, and those on it will be a bit less disconnected.

Im here for a bit of info, and some insight.
Locked into an F-150 as GM nor Ram offers the configuration I desire.
( probably would have gone F150 anyway because of all the time I spent in rentals)
And then went ahead and ordered a 21 having no idea what changes were made or what it looked like..

personally, I think the Ram is the nicest looking pickup of the group, but was never impressed with the “build quality”

Sponsored

Alan Coles

First Name
AC53
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2015 VW Touareg TDi, 2011 Lincoln MKZ, and motorcycles
...personally, I think the Ram is the nicest looking pickup of the group, but was never impressed with the “build quality”
That is the main reason why, around here at least, they have the lowest resale value on car lots and are the most plentiful.

An F150 is the hardest to find and they are always asking more money for them used than the competitors, which should tell most of the story. When you consider that the F-Series sells over 40% more than the Ram and 55% more than the Silverado, simple math would suggest that if they were of equal quality and equally liked that the most prevalent one would have the lowest resale in an open market. The fact that it has the highest resale tells us that it is more desirable over the short-term and the long run.

I've driven and towed with all three and with a Tundra 5.7L, and each has some great features that I'd like to have, but as a completed package, I always go to the F-Series.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
I wonder why there is no generator offering on the 3.0 powerstroke and the 3.3 V6. Also could we see 4.10:1 gear for the 3.3 eventually?
I was disappointed about this, since I opted for the power stroke. Still stuck with the diesel though as I am persuaded that the power stroke will have the longest longevity of any of the engines offered. Ford doesn't have the best track record with introducing new technologies, so I steered clear of the powerboost, and my 16' F150 EcoBoost was such a bad experience that I couldn't bring myself to order it again.

aika1

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
'21 F-150, '08 4Runner, '66 LeMans, '21 CanAm X3
Occupation
sales idiot
@currybob, if you get a chance to compare the shoulder room from this gen to the previous gen, that would be fantastic. I'm 6'5" with REALLY broad shoulders and that's the reason I'm looking at F-150's vs. the other manufacturers. In particular, can you tell if the B-pillar still has a chamfered edge on the edge facing the a-pillar, and if it still seems as roomy? I'm likely going to pre-order my truck next week. Thank you!

aika1

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Occupation
sales idiot
@currybob, if you get a chance to compare the shoulder room from this gen to the previous gen, that would be fantastic. I'm 6'5" with REALLY broad shoulders and that's the reason I'm looking at F-150's vs. the other manufacturers. In particular, can you tell if the B-pillar still has a chamfered edge on the edge facing the a-pillar, and if it still seems as roomy? I'm likely going to pre-order my truck next week. Thank you!
actually, now that I think of it, if you see a Lariat 3.5EB, please grab a pic of the label, and the specs on the truck (s-crew, 4x4, 5.5ft bed, etc.). that would help us compare to the posted numbers for lariats. thank you!

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
It felt the exact same size as my 2018, which is huge for me. lol

The dimensions are the same but their are upgrades in materials and the ergonomics of the layout and controls are better for sure. If you were Ok in Gen 13, you will also be in a Gen 14.

Not sure what you mean with the A and B pillars but they are basically unchanged also. Here are some photos of the areas that I have.

Hope this helps

Ford F-150 Official 2021 F-150 HP, LB-FT, Payload & Towing Capacity Figures 2021 F-150 King Ranch Interior

Ford F-150 Official 2021 F-150 HP, LB-FT, Payload & Towing Capacity Figures 20201009_105013

Ford F-150 Official 2021 F-150 HP, LB-FT, Payload & Towing Capacity Figures All-new_F-150_design_006

Ford F-150 Official 2021 F-150 HP, LB-FT, Payload & Towing Capacity Figures 20201009_115422

Ford F-150 Official 2021 F-150 HP, LB-FT, Payload & Towing Capacity Figures EE3A3584-01B9-4F3E-8CBA-1C9643383CAC

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
@aika1
pretty sure the general “skeleton” of the car has not changed.
all of the interior measurements from the previous generation are the same as the new. I think the biggest change is limited to the dash.

aika1

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Occupation
sales idiot
@aika1
pretty sure the general “skeleton” of the car has not changed.
all of the interior measurements from the previous generation are the same as the new. I think the biggest change is limited to the dash.
Thanks @currybob amd @Bryan Simon. That’s helpful.
A pillar is the 1st pillar (windshield), and b pillar is the pillar between the front and rear windows.
thanks again! The trim on the b pillar looks identical to the 13th gen.
Sponsored