Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.daxiadigital.com
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Occupation
Digital Marketing
I'm also curious about the gooseneck/5th wheel towing numbers. Today's releases were very careful to note that the numbers were for "conventional towing."
Sponsored

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
I'm also curious about the gooseneck/5th wheel towing numbers. Today's releases were very careful to note that the numbers were for "conventional towing."
I think Ford was the only OEM that listed 5th Wheel Tow Ratings for half tons, and they were typically lower than the "Conventional Towing" Ratings. They may have eliminated the ratings for 2021? There is also speculation that 5th Wheel hitch equipment/hardware will interfere with the PowerBoost hybrid battery/systems under the bed?

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Anyone confirmed if ordering the lariat with sport package if that locks you into awful red interior?
All signs point to yes, including every picture available. “Unique interior finish” is added and not at option you can remove. Just hoping the standard black interior with the chrome package has none of the red accents.

ford2021

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
Occupation
sales
All signs point to yes, including every picture available. “Unique interior finish” is added and not at option you can remove. Just hoping the standard black interior with the chrome package has none of the red accents.
I guess that will make my decision of whether to buy a truck this year an easy one. Not a chrome guy and I am not a red interior fan. I think they will lose business over that decision

Sponsored

SBrentnall

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.daxiadigital.com
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Occupation
Digital Marketing
There is also speculation that 5th Wheel hitch equipment/hardware will interfere with the PowerBoost hybrid battery/systems under the bed?
I never thought of that! Since I'll need to tow a gooseneck on occasion, I think this may be the deciding factor between the 3.5-liter EcoBoost and the PowerBoost.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
I never thought of that! Since I'll need to tow a gooseneck on occasion, I think this may be the deciding factor between the 3.5-liter EcoBoost and the PowerBoost.
Yeah, unfortunately, this information won't be known until some of the trucks hit lots, and maybe even then it will take a while before hitch manufacturers decide if they want to mess with trying to make their hitches work around the PB equipment . I think it is too big an unknown to order a PB now based on an assumption. If you can get to one of the test drive events coming up, maybe someone will give you a chance to poke your head up underneath and gauge it for yourself, or maybe you'll see that cut away frame display and that will tell the story?

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Yeah, unfortunately, this information won't be known until some of the trucks hit lots, and maybe even then it will take a while before hitch manufacturers decide if they want to mess with trying to make their hitches work around the PB equipment . I think it is too big an unknown to order a PB now based on an assumption. If you can get to one of the test drive events coming up, maybe someone will give you a chance to poke your head up underneath and gauge it for yourself, or maybe you'll see that cut away frame display and that will tell the story?
I'm planning on being at the one in Atlanta next Friday and I will try and remember to ask one of the Ford reps about this and report back.

Sponsored

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia
Hi Bob. Please check the payloads on as many of the door stickers as possible. This is an important deciding factor for many including myself.

Thank you

Mathmatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4 runner
I wonder why there is no generator offering on the 3.0 powerstroke and the 3.3 V6. Also could we see 4.10:1 gear for the 3.3 eventually?

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I'm planning on being at the one in Atlanta next Friday and I will try and remember to ask one of the Ford reps about this and report back.
Hey Bob, if you could ask them about how clean the power is coming from the electrical outlets. If the sinewave is dirty, it could create problems for some devices.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Hi Bob. Please check the payloads on as many of the door stickers as possible. This is an important deciding factor for many including myself.

Thank you
I will

Crapblaster
I will add to my notes.

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I will

Crapblaster
I will add to my notes.
Thanks Bob,
you could take a couple of chairs and someone to operate the video camera and do an onsite question and answer session. Get the scoop on everything and start a youtube channel.
Sponsored