First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Dodge 1500
Occupation
Nucor
I’ve been eyeballing a powerboost for quite awhile. Really like the white with 502A package on the lariat sport but there aren’t many floating around.

My buddy just went and bought a XLT Powerboost for nearly 15% off without a plan. How is this possible? We work at the same place and do qualify for xplan pricing but they went several thousand dollars below that.

Anyone else got a deal like this lately?
Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Not sure in any particular case how they did it, but you will never get as much discount on a Lariat and up, than an XLT. The XLT is the sweet spot for volume sales and discounts.

RexTX

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Mustang Shelby GT, 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid
Occupation
retired
I started out using the Costco program, but the listed dealers weren't playing by the rules. I checked with My local dealer and was told "I'll order whatever you want at Invoice less $500". In production now.

Rich1982

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT/302A
Occupation
Semi retired
I’ve been eyeballing a powerboost for quite awhile. Really like the white with 502A package on the lariat sport but there aren’t many floating around.

My buddy just went and bought a XLT Powerboost for nearly 15% off without a plan. How is this possible? We work at the same place and do qualify for xplan pricing but they went several thousand dollars below that.

Anyone else got a deal like this lately?
I think you can get that deal with the right dealer - that is ~ invoice - holdback and current rebates - Powerboost are hard to find and discounts (at least %) is better on XLT
with a PCO you can do a bit better

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
When you hear about people getting deals thousands lower than invoice, it's likely that they are talking about the price after incentives. If you qualify for X Plan you basically get the invoice price but also get to keep all the incentives. All told, my final price with X plan was $2100 under invoice because I had X plan, $1600 standard incentive on a king ranch with a Ford loan (that I will pay off immediately) and then qualified for an additional $500 incentive.

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
When you hear about people getting deals thousands lower than invoice, it's likely that they are talking about the price after incentives. If you qualify for X Plan you basically get the invoice price but also get to keep all the incentives. All told, my final price with X plan was $2100 under invoice because I had X plan, $1600 standard incentive on a king ranch with a Ford loan (that I will pay off immediately) and then qualified for an additional $500 incentive.
Exactly. Best I could do on my king ranch was x-plan minus $1600 (incentives) minus $2k (PCO). I just paid off my financed amount in full yesterday on first statement.

OP
OP

jazzyj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Dodge 1500
Occupation
Nucor
Not sure in any particular case how they did it, but you will never get as much discount on a Lariat and up, than an XLT. The XLT is the sweet spot for volume sales and discounts.
Was not aware of this. I assumed that the higher the trim package the greater profit margin they would have on them.

OP
OP

jazzyj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Dodge 1500
Occupation
Nucor
I think you can get that deal with the right dealer - that is ~ invoice - holdback and current rebates - Powerboost are hard to find and discounts (at least %) is better on XLT
with a PCO you can do a bit better

I am on the PCO hunt tonight with all the internet price requests... probably enough of us doing it we'll crash the system lol

wayne

First Name
wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 platinum loaded, 2013 raptor
I bought mine on the costco program end of December paid $700 under dealer cost. No x plan

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
I got mine 14% off MSRP (after all incentives but before dealer fees/tax) by just continuously shopping around and getting prices. With dealer fees (but without tax) it was probably more like 11-12% off MSRP. I got a Supercrew lariat 3.5 EB w/ max tow and sport package and a couple small/cheap options

Sponsored

SuperClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ram 1500 TRX Sandblast Edition
Exactly. Best I could do on my king ranch was x-plan minus $1600 (incentives) minus $2k (PCO). I just paid off my financed amount in full yesterday on first statement.
Pretty much the same here. Mine was X-Plan minus $3300 worth of incentives ($500 retail cash, $700 X-Plan Built For Growth, $100 Driver Assist, and $2000 PCO).

OP
OP

jazzyj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Dodge 1500
Occupation
Nucor
Pretty much the same here. Mine was X-Plan minus $3300 worth of incentives ($500 retail cash, $700 X-Plan Built For Growth, $100 Driver Assist, and $2000 PCO).

He didn't get a PCO, non military, not a first responder, not a teacher, the list goes on and on.

I would have almost called him a liar if he didn't show me the contract with the numbers today.

didn't trade anything in.

Just blows my mind to walk in and get a price like that so easy. I've been reading and doing internet price requests hoping to get a PCO to help out.

OP
OP

jazzyj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Dodge 1500
Occupation
Nucor
Maybe I need to just try to order one through the same dealership... The closest/cheapest prices I have found are planet ford in Springs Texas which is about 9 hours away.

Rich1982

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT/302A
Occupation
Semi retired
Maybe I need to just try to order one through the same dealership... The closest/cheapest prices I have found are planet ford in Springs Texas which is about 9 hours away.
Try Republic MO Ford - ask for Aaron - their online stated prices are the lowest I found - in and out in 15mins

OP
OP

jazzyj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Dodge 1500
Occupation
Nucor
Try Republic MO Ford - ask for Aaron - their online stated prices are the lowest I found - in and out in 15mins
I'll check them out Thanks!
Sponsored