% off MSRP without a/d/z/x plans?

jpmtz

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
I started with the spec’s from Ford's "Build and Price" website, and their MSRP of $46,230. Got a $42,246 quote from Granger. I sent that number and the same spec’s to about 20 other dealers near and far. Some respond, most did not. I had to go back and forth with several of them as they tried to figure me out... I stuck to the facts of what I wanted, “an out-the-door price”. (with kudos to yourautoadvocate: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzGxSaDv_5dgSe4RgJ99sfA) Their videos were very helpful in understanding what and how to do the deal.

It took me nearly two months and over 70 emails (I counted them) of back and forth until I felt I had done all I could do. Only twice did I meet face to face with a salesperson, and the second time I PUT MY MONEY DOWN!

(Generally speaking, $1,000-1,500 under invoice is a fair deal.) All my computer clicking and sore eyes from staring at the screen got me $2,837 below invoice. My final o-t-d price was $40,500 (w/o Ford financing, which if I take, will bring it down another grand.)

My math figures approximately 12.3% below MSRP.

CAN’T WAIT TO GET MY TRUCK (3,4,5,6,7) MONTHS FROM NOW!
Sponsored

Icbmredrat

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 XLT 4x4 Supercrew
For what it’s worth, I emailed 4-5 dealers within 50 KM of my home and got 4 different prices. The dealer that I did business with gave me 19% off MSRP off the bat. This is for an XLT but I’ve heard higher trims can yield 22-25% off easily.

3DogKnight

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Escape Titanium - 2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
100% retired
I am on the PCO hunt tonight with all the internet price requests... probably enough of us doing it we'll crash the system lol
I hate to sound like I'm ignorant but what is PCO?

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I’ve been eyeballing a powerboost for quite awhile. Really like the white with 502A package on the lariat sport but there aren’t many floating around.

My buddy just went and bought a XLT Powerboost for nearly 15% off without a plan. How is this possible? We work at the same place and do qualify for xplan pricing but they went several thousand dollars below that.

Anyone else got a deal like this lately?
Reach out to Superior Ford in Siloam Springs. Ask to speak with Mackenzie. They are super easy to deal with, are very upfront with their pricing, and seem to really appreciate their customers. Tell him you got his name from the Matt with the 2021 Leveled Smoked Quartz Platinum, he will know exactly who you spoke with :)

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
For what it’s worth, I emailed 4-5 dealers within 50 KM of my home and got 4 different prices. The dealer that I did business with gave me 19% off MSRP off the bat. This is for an XLT but I’ve heard higher trims can yield 22-25% off easily.
The percentages actually go the other way around. On the high trims you get less of a percentage off. There aren't as many incentives on the high trim levels and it takes a lot more $$ to get higher percentages. I can tell you that there is no way right now to get 20%+ ($15000+) off of a Platinum, KR, or Limited. I fully believe you can get $9-10k off of a XL or XLT given the incentive structures.

Sponsored

Sbdavis1

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 Lariat ordered 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Financial Planner, Lawyer
I hate to sound like I'm ignorant but what is PCO?
Personal cash offer. There are a number of threads on them here. It’s been between $1k and $3k off an F150 paid by Ford not the dealer. You can get them via email or regular mailer in USPS. They had some pop-ups previously (that you could put other peoples names and info in if you already had one) but haven’t seen any of those lately. They are non-transferable once assigned to someone and no guarantees you can get one but building a bunch of trucks, asking for internet pricing and asking for all the info you can get from Ford helps to get them.

3DogKnight

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Escape Titanium - 2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
100% retired
Personal cash offer. There are a number of threads on them here. It’s been between $1k and $3k off an F150 paid by Ford not the dealer. You can get them via email or regular mailer in USPS. They had some pop-ups previously (that you could put other peoples names and info in if you already had one) but haven’t seen any of those lately. They are non-transferable once assigned to someone and no guarantees you can get one but building a bunch of trucks, asking for internet pricing and asking for all the info you can get from Ford helps to get them.
Thank you for the reply. I haven't ordered yet so I'm always looking to get educated as best I can.

Platimatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 701
it’s true the discounts are not as great for the higher level trims than they are for the xlt’s and below. Beuckman ford in Ellisville MO is the most straightforward dealer I’ve bought a car from and would suggest anyone check them out. Not a lot of that hidden BS with them, price quoted is the price and they will work for your business. Family owned and solid peeps.
Sponsored