Sponsored

OEM Tonneau Cover

TxTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
Has anybody received or seen the hard folding tonneau cover that comes with the F-150 when ordered from the factory? I was looking at it on the build & price tool and looks like there’s a considerable lip around the side and raised. I’ve seen some in person (previous gen) that have ones like this and prefer the flush ones and wondering if I need to change my order and order aftermarket.

Ford F-150 OEM Tonneau Cover 5BAECEB3-D42E-48B4-BB8E-2D9F67FD7C0E
Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I have not seen one. Here is another shot below. It does look similar to the one on my Tacoma, which sits up on the side of the bed. I would not be surprised if the same aftermarket firm makes it. They are an OEM group that build only for the manuf. I am going to go aftermarket on my tonneau or wait for someone on FB Marketplace to post one off their F-150. Same fit as previous years.

Ford F-150 OEM Tonneau Cover 1610508934168

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
It’s not an option on the Canadian Ford site, you just have to ask the dealer for it and they’ll usually throw it in for free or a discounted price.

my 2018 XLT came with that flush version( hard folding) and I wouldn’t recommend it as it’s way less waterproof/resistant.

I asked my dealer for the hard-folding version that sits on top like the one in the photos above and he said that they have them but no one wants them.
They prefer the flush version but he promised my 2021 model will come with that one that sits on top, he called it the X-tang solid fold or something like that.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It’s not an option on the Canadian Ford site, you just have to ask the dealer for it and they’ll usually throw it in for free or a discounted price.

my 2018 XLT came with that flush version( hard folding) and I wouldn’t recommend it as it’s way less waterproof/resistant.

I asked my dealer for the hard-folding version that sits on top like the one in the photos above and he said that they have them but no one wants them.
They prefer the flush version but he promised my 2021 model will come with that one that sits on top, he called it the X-tang solid fold or something like that.
That makes sense. This is the Extang Solid Fold 2.0. Looks identical. $875.00

Ford F-150 OEM Tonneau Cover 1610544086772

billybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A, 2012 Focus SEL
Occupation
EE
The flush one(not shown above) I'm 99% sure is just a rebranded Bakflip MX4 and my dealer was able to order one.

Sponsored

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
The flush one(not shown above) I'm 99% sure is just a rebranded Bakflip MX4 and my dealer was able to order one.
You are correct. Mine has the little Ford logo on it and a lady at my work has the exact same one with the Bakflip branding on it.
A little weird since we both had them installed by the dealership, but we did buy them from different dealers.

Perhaps mine was not installed properly or some other reason but she had much less of an issue dealing with water getting inside the bed.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'll be at my dealer next week and will see what they know about the cover. If, indeed, Ford switched to the Extang hard tonneau, there may be a lot of surprised new owners when their truck arrives and they thought they were getting a Bakflip.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Hooooo boy... I think there will be a LOT of angry people, the extang does not have the final propped up position AND is not flush.

That's a huge W for extang winning that contract, but I think Ford is gonna regret it after all the complaints (due to surprise).

RB82

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PB, 4X4, LB, Iconic Silver
Occupation
LE
Has anybody received or seen the hard folding tonneau cover that comes with the F-150 when ordered from the factory? I was looking at it on the build & price tool and looks like there’s a considerable lip around the side and raised. I’ve seen some in person (previous gen) that have ones like this and prefer the flush ones and wondering if I need to change my order and order aftermarket.

5BAECEB3-D42E-48B4-BB8E-2D9F67FD7C0E.jpeg
I ordered the same. My truck has not arrived yet and my pic looks like yours. I thought it was the flush cover, and if its not I'm gonna have the dealer remove it and take the charge off my price. I'll do an aftermarket flush folding that folds all there pieces up. Let me know if you get yours soon and its not flush.
Sponsored