• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
FYI.

Not a good sign. “Limited availability” appeared for the first time on the Maverick B & P configurator this morning.

7147088A-19B0-4AF0-BFC0-84F54C46674C.png
Yes, Ford has already announced that the Hybrid version is almost sold out for 2022.
Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
It took me nearly an hour to call and change my reservation last week, so I'm guessing they don't have a lot of call center agents.
When I did it a couple weeks back, took me a total of 5 minutes :)

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Not a good sign. “
I don't see how this is relevant.

All cars at this time have limited availability. Those are the conditions due to the market.

Plus, every new EV is always limited availability. Actually, you could say that all EVs have limited availability There's just not enough batteries and production capacity to meet demand.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
It took me nearly an hour to call and change my reservation last week, so I'm guessing they don't have a lot of call center agents.
That’s because idiots keep calling asking about when we can order or when the configurator will be available. If they haven’t made an official statement you aren’t going to get secret information from a “chat” or a call. In all likelihood you will find out here first and there is zero reason to tie up Ford resources asking the same stupid questions.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
That’s because idiots keep calling asking about when we can order or when the configurator will be available. If they haven’t made an official statement you aren’t going to get secret information from a “chat” or a call. In all likelihood you will find out here first and there is zero reason to tie up Ford resources asking the same stupid questions.
This 100%^^

Sponsored

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
So I went to my local (and original reservation) dealership to test drive a Mach-E and the sales person was saying that Lightning ordering starts on November 5th. Take that with a grain of salt.

They also said that some dealers won't be getting allotments, only delivery of customer-ordered vehicles. I'm curious how true that is, but also take it with a grain of salt.

Lastly, he claimed that at their dealership no ordered vehicles will come with markup, only lot stock. So if I can get that in writing this weekend I may end up switching back.

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
So I went to my local (and original reservation) dealership to test drive a Mach-E and the sales person was saying that Lightning ordering starts on November 5th. Take that with a grain of salt.

They also said that some dealers won't be getting allotments, only delivery of customer-ordered vehicles. I'm curious how true that is, but also take it with a grain of salt.

Lastly, he claimed that at their dealership no ordered vehicles will come with markup, only lot stock. So if I can get that in writing this weekend I may end up switching back.
I test drove a mach-e as well. If I didn't have a need for the truck on the farm, I would be thinking really hard about buying the mach-e. Probably getting my wife a new car in 2 or 3 years and it may be a mach-e unless some other SUVs come out in that time.

I also go no ADP on reservation orders from my dealer as well. When I last asked them about 1 month or so ago I am 6 of 99 (reserved about 25mins of reveal starting)

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
I test drove a mach-e as well. If I didn't have a need for the truck on the farm, I would be thinking really hard about buying the mach-e. Probably getting my wife a new car in 2 or 3 years and it may be a mach-e unless some other SUVs come out in that time.
It was my very first time behind the wheel of an EV, and it was absolutely bonkers how fun it was to drive. The one thing I didn't like was how it bounces quite a bit more than my SO's vehicle or my old Tiguan on concrete roads that aren't completely smooth in the area. I've seen some reviews mention the GT PE is a lot better there. Everything else about the Mach-E, though, was fantastic. My SO even mentioned that she's now interested in it, haha!

So I think she wouldn't mind if I end up going with the MME should I be down the list for the Lightning.

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
It was my very first time behind the wheel of an EV, and it was absolutely bonkers how fun it was to drive.
Would you mind expanding on this? I’m guessing you’re referring to the instantaneous acceleration and torque that I’ve heard about, but I’ve never actually driven an EV. It doesn’t shift gears (b/c it only has one, if I understand correctly), which is really hard for me to imagine.

Edit: my wife and I have a 2007 Toyota Corolla that we bought new and now has 105k miles and the ONLY reason I slide my 7 foot frame into it (I must look ridiculous but I’m getting too old to care) is because of the manual transmission, I just simply adore it, which makes me think this EV business might be weird.

Last edited:

Sponsored

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Would you mind expanding on this? I’m guessing you’re referring to the instantaneous acceleration and torque that I’ve heard about, but I’ve never actually driven an EV. It doesn’t shift gears (b/c it only has one, if I understand correctly), which is really hard for me to imagine.
Yep, that's exactly what I was referring to. Even the sales person said it caught them off guard the first time they drove one. Basically, you push the pedal and you move right then, right there. No lag, no jerking, no fuss. I did a few standing and moving launches in Unbridled mode during the drive and it was funny to see my SO get pushed back into the seat! Just having all of that at the tip of your toe is an experience that's hard to explain, but it clicks once you start driving it.

I also gave one pedal driving a try, which in my opinion would definitely require a bit of time to get accustomed to. A few times I'd lift my foot off the pedal to coast and realize immediately that you have to ease out of it as the car starts to brake. I'm sure the Jeep behind me knew I was not used to it and gave me a bit more space! ? But I can see the benefits and would likely use it often during city driving.

I'd recommend taking some time to drive the parking lot a bit to get used to it before hitting the road.

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
Yep, that's exactly what I was referring to. Even the sales person said it caught them off guard the first time they drove one. Basically, you push the pedal and you move right then, right there. No lag, no jerking, no fuss. I did a few standing and moving launches in Unbridled mode during the drive and it was funny to see my SO get pushed back into the seat! Just having all of that at the tip of your toe is an experience that's hard to explain, but it clicks once you start driving it.

I also gave one pedal driving a try, which in my opinion would definitely require a bit of time to get accustomed to. A few times I'd lift my foot off the pedal to coast and realize immediately that you have to ease out of it as the car starts to brake. I'm sure the Jeep behind me knew I was not used to it and gave me a bit more space! ? But I can see the benefits and would likely use it often during city driving.

I'd recommend taking some time to drive the parking lot a bit to get used to it before hitting the road.
Thanks for sharing that, it makes me want to test drive one. I reserved the Lightning for other reasons but the sheer joy of cruising in one and experiencing the driving dynamics has to be a big part of the appeal

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Thanks for sharing that, it makes me want to test drive one. I reserved the Lightning for other reasons but the sheer joy of cruising in one and experiencing the driving dynamics has to be a big part of the appeal
Of course! It only made me more excited to drive the Lightning. I can't believe it'll have even more torque and HP than the MME!

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
After trst driving the Mach-E i can't wait for the lightning!
It is truly a different experience than an ICE vehicle. We have gotten so used to the lag from when you push the pedal to when it actually goes that no one really notices it anymore. However once you drive an EV, it becomes very obvious that there is a massive lag on ICE vehicles.

It is awesome to push the pedal to the floor off a light, and you get instant full torque that pushes you back into the seat and doesn't let off until you lift your foot up (which for me was 50km/h (30mph) as that was the speed limit in the city and I didn't want to take it on too long of a test drive since I had no intention of buying one).

I found the ride on it to be about comparable to my wife 2020 corolla SE, but wasn't paying attention too much to it as I was only test driving it to see how an EV feels to drive.

I got used to the one-pedal driving very easily. I actually had to keep pushing the pedal longer going up to a light as it slowed down faster than my car coasts down so it would make stop really short of the light. Without one-pedal, it coasts forever once you let off the pedal. It is like putting the car in neutral as it just keeps going and going without really slowing down.

I did not like the whisper mode at all! I kept it in unbridled the entire time as I found it the best mode for the driving dynamics (whisper mutes the accelerator too much for my liking - if coasting at a speed with the accelerator pressed in unbridled and you change to whisper, the car would actually start slowing down due to the less responsive pedal).

Hemitoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep WK Ecodiesel
I heard from my dealer last night. As a refresher, my good friend (groomsman in each other’s weddings) is a GM. He’s great for some intel but pushes me toward the sales rep for others. Speaking to my buddy the GM, I’m pretty certain Ford dealers are in the dark. They don’t know what’s going on. No info from Ford.

I spoke to the sales rep and he told me I was 40th in line at their dealership and that they’d open the bank on 10/29. He wanted me to schedule time with him that afternoon. That was the first time I’ve heard 10/29. He couldn’t tell me where he heard that date. I told him there is no way I’d be built in 2022 if I was 40th at their midsized dealership. He disagreed and insisted we build anyways. I told him if we build, then have to rebuild for 2023, steak dinner on him.

I walked a cooler over to my friend’s house to hang for a bit and we started chatting about it. He said they just don’t know anything from Ford. He promised me MSRP but he didn’t know if he could do that to every order. He said if he hasn’t heard anything from Ford yet, 10/26 isn’t happening.
Sponsored