• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I am contemplating just putting in another reservation and waiting for the 2nd gen, it seems like this will also be a debacle like the Bronco Reservation Holders were describing.

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
I am contemplating just putting in another reservation and waiting for the 2nd gen, it seems like this will also be a debacle like the Bronco Reservation Holders were describing.
Perhaps I’ve gotten too cynical but I haven’t seen anything to suggest that holding off won’t be a total shark sandwich.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I'm putting in a 2nd reservation when I pick up my Lightning next year. I figure in 2025 I'll sell back my first one and pick up a nicer newer one.

Trukbed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Powerboost FX4
Dealer I spoke to today in VA said his computer with webdo and FMCdealer.com was showing the 26th.

No word on pricing or X-plan. No spec sheets for them to even prepare for the orders coming up.

And also confirmed they still basically don't know jack.

He also mentioned that "free-demand" spec'd cars and trucks have a much better chance at their order being fulfilled sooner. He referenced a Bronco customer put in an order like last month, and because she spec'd it "free-demand", she's already got a VIN number. While some first orders of the Bronco are still waiting.

He said he didn't have any info at all as to what free-demand specs the Lightning would be.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Just a reminder to all of us (or at least the vast majority of us) who aren't day one reservation holders - this order doesn't really mean much. We can probably put one in, but will have to redo it when to model year rolls over to 2023.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
What do you mean by "free-demand"?

Trukbed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Powerboost FX4
What do you mean by "free-demand"?
Yeah, I didn't understand him either, but he phrased it as being basically the exact trim plus options Ford sees as the easiest, quickest models to get completed. Parts are there. There's a lot of those parts, etc. The easy way to get another number on their delivered Stat.

I'm assuming. We talked a long time, I had other things to talk about. I just moved on from that one, tbh.

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Not that the delay is confirmed and we can go back to beer making or anything else, when is the 2022 ICE configurator supposed to go up?

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Yeah, I didn't understand him either, but he phrased it as being basically the exact trim plus options Ford sees as the easiest, quickest models to get completed. Parts are there. There's a lot of those parts, etc. The easy way to get another number on their delivered Stat.

I'm assuming. We talked a long time, I had other things to talk about. I just moved on from that one, tbh.
FWIW it doesn't seem like the Lightning will have that many options-- outside of Blue Cruise and the trailer tow package. It seems like most features are bundled with the trim levels.. I'm thinking(hoping) that's going to be much easier to handle than the Bronco with multiple wheels, tops, engines, off road stuff..on top of the normal radio options, interior appointments, etc.

There doesn't seem to be too many different configurations... that should speed things up in production.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
Welp, ordered a Rivian.
I still have my Lightning reservation. I can cancel the Rivian order of I need to. But this gives me the impression that Ford will botch another product launch. Not only are the doing a piss poor job of communicating with customers, they can’t even get it right with the dealer network.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Welp, ordered a Rivian.
I still have my Lightning reservation. I can cancel the Rivian order of I need to. But this gives me the impression that Ford will botch another product launch. Not only are the doing a piss poor job of communicating with customers, they can’t even get it right with the dealer network.
You're worried about Ford messing up a product launch because the order bank didn't open on a never authorized and verified date?

3putter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilot
FWIW it doesn't seem like the Lightning will have that many options-- outside of Blue Cruise and the trailer tow package. It seems like most features are bundled with the trim levels.. I'm thinking(hoping) that's going to be much easier to handle than the Bronco with multiple wheels, tops, engines, off road stuff..on top of the normal radio options, interior appointments, etc.

There doesn't seem to be too many different configurations... that should speed things up in production.
Any thoughts on whether sunroof will be an option, as it is on the Maverick? And why wouldn't the options be very similar to those on the Maverick?

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Welp, ordered a Rivian.
Doubt you'll get the Rivian before the Ford.

OP
OP
pstansel

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
I should put in a Rivian order just so I have a preorder on all 3 ;)
Sponsored