• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

JTmass

First Name
Joaquin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Ranger
I was looking to move my reservation to Chapman based on my nj location and the no nonsense approach to pricing. Should allocations be something for me to be concerned about?
Likely yes. I would ask your current dealer how many reservations they have. I'm willing to bet Chapman has more. At least you can make an informed decision that way.
Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
I was looking to move my reservation to Chapman based on my nj location and the no nonsense approach to pricing. Should allocations be something for me to be concerned about?
Ask Chapman how many they have and look around... I think it might be a crapshoot though. Since I believe ford will allocate based on past volume.

So, at a smaller dealer maybe you're 15th in line.

At Chapman, you're 100th in line.

Smaller dealer gets allocated 10 trucks, but Chapman gets 200.

So you may be better off w/ Chapman, or not... No one will really know until Ford says something. However, if you can find a dealer that says you're very low, might be reasonable to go w/ them.

Someone more familiar can correct me.

I just asked my dealer and they said they had 650-700 reservations, which was surprising; but, I guess somewhat expected considering there's 150k+ reservations :) But, he said he didn't know my place in line.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Yes, we can see the order of timestamp by pulling a report from Ford.
Thanks. One last question:

My dealer said ordering online is fine, but also suggested that it may make sense to come in since "Ford's website has in the past been missing a few options that are available to order." Any truth in that.. or, not really applicable to the Lightning due to no one really knowing how many options will be available.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech

My dealer said ordering online is fine, but also suggested that it may make sense to come in since "Ford's website has in the past been missing a few options that are available to order." Any truth in that.. or, not really applicable to the Lightning due to no one really knowing how many options will be available.
Probably not - the dealer may try to lock you into their dealership by having you put a deposit with them.
They may also try to get you to buy dealer added accessories and/or services.

Configuring online and then presenting it the dealer is the safest way.
Then you can get a signature for MSRP without the worry of ADM.....

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Farmer/Hillbilly
Ford's plan is still to convert reservations to orders on October 26.
Thank you, Sir! :)

There is so much gossip on Forums that cannot be substantiated. But I take your answer as authoritative.

I do wish Ford Media could use this forum to channel real answers to real important questions through you. I then could believe what I read. There are more than enough prospective buyers here to make someone at Ford Media take the time to follow us. Years ago I managed a Ford Forum and Ford did have someone tasked to listen in.

To me even though my emotions wish that I could have a Lightning Order Guide and some prices before the fact.

But when it comes down to it, I can use the ICE Order Guide to some up with a pretty good list of what I will order the minute the Lightning Order Webpage is published and I can then run down to me dealer and finalize the sale.

Keep up the good work! :D

Sponsored

3putter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilot
Thank you, Sir! :)

There is so much gossip on Forums that cannot be substantiated. But I take your answer as authoritative.

I do wish Ford Media could use this forum to channel real answers to real important questions through you. I then could believe what I read. There are more than enough prospective buyers here to make someone at Ford Media take the time to follow us. Years ago I managed a Ford Forum and Ford did have someone tasked to listen in.

To me even though my emotions wish that I could have a Lightning Order Guide and some prices before the fact.

But when it comes down to it, I can use the ICE Order Guide to some up with a pretty good list of what I will order the minute the Lightning Order Webpage is published and I can then run down to me dealer and finalize the sale.

Keep up the good work! :D
I posted this earlier but will repeat. My dealer said the Lightning order webpage will be very similar to the Maverick order page, which is online now. I'd look at that rather than the ICE.

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors

We do 99% of our orders remotely. That shouldn't be a problem.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Where should I expect the link to start configuring my new Lighting? On my reservation page or on the main Ford webpage?

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
Where should I expect the link to start configuring my new Lighting? On my reservation page or on the main Ford webpage?
Good question - I am waiting eagerly to configure before the order banks open!

triplej438

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14 Ecoboost F-150 XLT, 21 MachE Premium XAWD
Good question - I am waiting eagerly to configure before the order banks open!
Most likely will not have the configuration page available until the 26th, at least from the past launches that is what has happened.

I think I am the only employee at my dealership who has one reserved and the owner who does the ordering with Ford says he has still not gotten ANYTHING for pricing etc. for the Lightning so I am hoping mine will have a higher priority, but I really do not expect it to arrive until 2023 at this point....

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
Most likely will not have the configuration page available until the 26th, at least from the past launches that is what has happened.

I think I am the only employee at my dealership who has one reserved and the owner who does the ordering with Ford says he has still not gotten ANYTHING for pricing etc. for the Lightning so I am hoping mine will have a higher priority, but I really do not expect it to arrive until 2023 at this point....
That's helpful - thanks.

Why do you say yours will be in 2023 ?

If your dealership knows you why can't they just take your reservation as first - don't they have the power to do that for an employee ??

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired

This might be a case where doing a custom order when the order banks open up might be better than having an actual reservation. If you are the only one at your dealer you should be able to scoop one up from their allocation.

triplej438

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's helpful - thanks.

Why do you say yours will be in 2023 ?

If your dealership knows you why can't they just take your reservation as first - don't they have the power to do that for an employee ??
I am guessing 2023 since all indications show there are many many more reservations ahead of mine and only so many going to be produced for 2022.

My dealer will most likely put mine as a first one, however it all depends on our allocation and how Ford accepts and processes the orders. Reservation holders normally come before just a normal order however there is not anything defining how they will do it at this time.

triplej438

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This might be a case where doing a custom order when the order banks open up might be better than having an actual reservation. If you are the only one at your dealer you should be able to scoop one up from their allocation.
Yes, I have a reservation but it will be the first one converted to an order at my dealership I am sure of that. Just not sure where the order might fall on Fords production timeline.

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 F250, '17 Chevy Volt, '22 Lightning (Reserved)
Longtime lurker, first time poster. Just received a call from my reservation dealer (reserved during launch event, called them last month just to touch base and they said they will contact me when they have more info). Strange call today stating that the order banks open tomorrow in the system and want me to come in to spec things out. RN 10826299 so not super high on the list but not really low either.
Curious what happened with this. I'm getting pretty antsy trying to find info on when I will actually be able to spec one of these things out...
Sponsored