• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
I would believe that the order bank will open on the 26th when the reservation date to convert to order has been indicated previously.

Assume a day or two for glitches and remember that reservation timestamp matters, not the day the order is submitted.
Sponsored

GreasyLightning47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota, Lexus
Longtime lurker, first time poster. Just received a call from my reservation dealer (reserved during launch event, called them last month just to touch base and they said they will contact me when they have more info). Strange call today stating that the order banks open tomorrow in the system and want me to come in to spec things out. RN 10826299 so not super high on the list but not really low either.
If you go tomorrow can you enlighten the team on your experience?!?

HtownHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Kia Stinger GT2, 2018 BMW 540i M-Sport
If you go tomorrow can you enlighten the team on your experience?!?
yeah, really hope pricing is fully vetted out soon too. This whole 12,500 tax credit change but might be restricted to vehicles less than $74,000/$80,000 has me all flustered.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
yeah, really hope pricing is fully vetted out soon too. This whole 12,500 tax credit change but might be restricted to vehicles less than $74,000/$80,000 has me all flustered.
I'm assuming it won't be figured out before the end of the year and not relying on it.

tkeru408

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum, 2022 F150 Lightning Preorder
...or [more likely] a plutonium-fueled nuclear reactor.
Anyone have a good website for route mapping to incorporate stops at Plutonify America stations?

Sponsored

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Anyone have a good website for route mapping to incorporate stops at Plutonify America stations?
No but I have directions. Remember this is a kinetic charger, so head down Main St
Towards the clock tower accelerating all the way to 88 mph. You should get a charge out of that. :sneaky:

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I'm not confident most dealers are providing accurate information. I was baffled by yesterday's conversation. So some background. I placed a reservation May 24th with my small local FL dealer. Minutes later I received that dealers confirmation email that they would contact me on details. Crickets since then.
Yesterday I placed a 2nd reservation, different dealer, on the idea that maybe a reservation this late would roll into an early Gen 2 down the road. Figured no risk. It would also allow me to see the different experiences between the dealers before I have to lock in an order. This reservation was placed at a different dealer that makes the list as top in the state and nation. Ten minutes after I place that 2nd reservation I get a call from that 2nd dealer welcoming me. He asks if I'd be available next week to come in and spec out my Lightning. Ummm. So I state that I believed orders didn't open until Oct 26th at the earliest. He says he'll have to check. Taking that response to redefine my questions I ask considering my reservation number when would I expect a truck to be available? He advises April or May of 2021.
At this point I politely advise he should do further background on the Lightning, the reservation process, and expected delivery windows.
So now I'm thinking of moving this 2nd reservation to the other largest in the nation FL dealer that begins with B.
FWIW, I never could get Brandon Ford (largest in the world, apparently) to confirm no markup. But they did confirm that they would charge a $1295 dealer fee. To be fair, they are pretty transparent about that and charge it on ALL their cars, but it's still a $1295 markup... on top of not confirming no OTHER markup.

They have great prices and selection and whatever, normally, which kind of outweighs the dealer fee, BUT when it's a truck you order and they're not giving a larger-than-most discount off of MSRP, then it's not a compelling deal.

Mullinax in Orlando area has told me they aren't doing ADM and they'll accept X-Plan (if Ford makes it available), so that might be an option for some in Florida.

I switched mine to Granger in Iowa because I wanted to take it on a long trip immediately, anyway, so I might as well save some money (and have a transparent dealership experience) in the process!

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I'm assuming it won't be figured out before the end of the year and not relying on it.
Agree, I am only banking on the $7500 tax credit that is REAL, not a proposal in the legislature.

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
Since no one seems to know anything substantive about the Lightning I’m more interested in getting the over/under on percentage of the tiktok generation getting these arcane movie references.

Last edited:

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
FWIW, I never could get Brandon Ford (largest in the world, apparently) to confirm no markup.
A bit of topic, but just how many largest ford dealers are there? Seems to be there should only be just one (obscure movie reference not intended).

Sponsored

Gsjdjdjdndb

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 335
Quick question I just joined the list about a month or 2 ago so dead last.

what kind of wait time should I expect once I place an order? Or is everyone on the same playing field once they order?

assuming a % of people will drop out and not order too. Is spring 2022 reasonable or are we talking mid 2023?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Quick question I just joined the list about a month or 2 ago so dead last.

what kind of wait time should I expect once I place an order? Or is everyone on the same playing field once they order?

assuming a % of people will drop out and not order too. Is spring 2022 reasonable or are we talking mid 2023?
Almost no chance you get one in 2022. Summer/Fall 2023 is probably your best hope, even that may not be guaranteed.

Order preference is based off Reservation Timestamp. If you didn't reserve in the first week, you aren't getting one in 2022 unless a dealer screws someone over and sells it for a ridiculous markup.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
FWIW, I never could get Brandon Ford (largest in the world, apparently) to confirm no markup. But they did confirm that they would charge a $1295 dealer fee. To be fair, they are pretty transparent about that and charge it on ALL their cars, but it's still a $1295 markup... on top of not confirming no OTHER markup.
As long as 10% goes to the big guy.

Rgwinn

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
Almost no chance you get one in 2022. Summer/Fall 2023 is probably your best hope, even that may not be guaranteed.

Order preference is based off Reservation Timestamp. If you didn't reserve in the first week, you aren't getting one in 2022 unless a dealer screws someone over and sells it for a ridiculous markup.
It almost sounds like the Bronco again. :eek: Which I’m still waiting on, luckily I have a good relationship with Skyline Ford.
Sponsored