• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Hemitoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep WK Ecodiesel
Sounds like dealers are sending emails this afternoon about the build portal opening and what to expect. Information about production and delivery timing will be available on 10/26. Saw two folks on Reddit that received that email.
Anyone here get it? I checked my inbox and spam - nothing! I’m a late reservation holder though.
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
Sounds like dealers are sending emails this afternoon about the build portal opening and what to expect. Information about production and delivery timing will be available on 10/26. Saw two folks on Reddit that received that email.
Anyone here get it? I checked my inbox and spam - nothing! I’m a late reservation holder though.
Nuthin' here.

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Ranger Crew cab FX4 Lariat- Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
I reserved within the 1st couple of minutes and no email here either :(

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Farmer/Hillbilly
I just did a search on Reddit. Nuttiness! I am filing this under Ether Fog.

Sponsored

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Farmer/Hillbilly
I am not saying that those conversations did not happen on Reddit.

But maybe the letter went something like this:

"Hi, I'm Honest John, your HIGHLY QUALIFIED EXPERT SALES ASSOCIATE for your Reserved 2022 Ford F-150 Lighting!!!

My official sources say that we can begin filling your DREAM TRUCK order on about October 26th!!!

[His 'official sources' are mostly from the F150 Gen 14 Forum]

I will plan on contacting you ASAP on or after that date unless I am super busy filling somebody else's Lighting order ahead of yours."

I guess I am just cynical and but I am not losing any sleep waiting on an email from my dealer. I am pretty sure Lightning ordering news will show up within minutes on this forum's newsfeed.

Hemitoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep WK Ecodiesel
I am not saying that those conversations did not happen on Reddit.

But maybe the letter went something like this:

"Hi, I'm Honest John, your HIGHLY QUALIFIED EXPERT SALES ASSOCIATE for your Reserved 2022 Ford F-150 Lighting!!!

My official sources say that we can begin filling your DREAM TRUCK order on about October 26th!!!

[His 'official sources' are mostly from the F150 Gen 14 Forum]

I will plan on contacting you ASAP on or after that date unless I am super busy filling somebody else's Lighting order ahead of yours."

I guess I am just cynical and but I am not losing any sleep waiting on an email from my dealer. I am pretty sure Lightning ordering news will show up within minutes on this forum's newsfeed.
Which is why I brought it to the forum to see if anyone else had that message. Your hypothetical email is quite possibly correct. Either way, the email stating production details and delivery info upon order bank open is good info regardless.

Lilwendal

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 HD
I'm not confident most dealers are providing accurate information. I was baffled by yesterday's conversation. So some background. I placed a reservation May 24th with my small local FL dealer. Minutes later I received that dealers confirmation email that they would contact me on details. Crickets since then.
Yesterday I placed a 2nd reservation, different dealer, on the idea that maybe a reservation this late would roll into an early Gen 2 down the road. Figured no risk. It would also allow me to see the different experiences between the dealers before I have to lock in an order. This reservation was placed at a different dealer that makes the list as top in the state and nation. Ten minutes after I place that 2nd reservation I get a call from that 2nd dealer welcoming me. He asks if I'd be available next week to come in and spec out my Lightning. Ummm. So I state that I believed orders didn't open until Oct 26th at the earliest. He says he'll have to check. Taking that response to redefine my questions I ask considering my reservation number when would I expect a truck to be available? He advises April or May of 2021.
At this point I politely advise he should do further background on the Lightning, the reservation process, and expected delivery windows.
So now I'm thinking of moving this 2nd reservation to the other largest in the nation FL dealer that begins with B.

auromed

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Highlander
I think that was more the case of just one dealer sending out the feeler emails looking to keep in contact and not some large organized email campaign. My current dealer sent a text tuesday morning, but just said thanks for reserving with us and later in the month when the order books open, a "Senior Salesperson" would contact me. I'm guessing I'll pay a premium for having Sr. Sales guidance. :)

This is the thread on reddit
Reddit Email Thread

Sponsored

HtownHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Kia Stinger GT2, 2018 BMW 540i M-Sport
Longtime lurker, first time poster. Just received a call from my reservation dealer (reserved during launch event, called them last month just to touch base and they said they will contact me when they have more info). Strange call today stating that the order banks open tomorrow in the system and want me to come in to spec things out. RN 10826299 so not super high on the list but not really low either.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Longtime lurker, first time poster. Just received a call from my reservation dealer (reserved during launch event, called them last month just to touch base and they said they will contact me when they have more info). Strange call today stating that the order banks open tomorrow in the system and want me to come in to spec things out. RN 10826299 so not super high on the list but not really low either.
That's crazy! My dealer called yesterday and said I have a better chance of getting into a Mach-E GT sooner than waiting for the Order Banks to open. I've come to the conclusion that we have to take the "hurry up and wait" approach, which I am used to lol..............

auromed

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Highlander
The rumor is the build site / configurator will be published tomorrow. In theory, if you configured it all out with them, they could then enter it on Oct 26th for you. Maybe they are just trying to get a jump on that.