• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

vegas2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius, Fit
Great deal for anyone close by! However, after the cost of travel to get to the dealer, then the total amount of roundtrip travel time...probably isn't worth it for anyone further than 200 miles away.
I almost thought I read Idaho and got excited haha...I am in Northern Nevada and looking for a deal within a few hundred miles. a road trip to get the truck could be fun too for my wife and I. anyone know of one in Norcal, or maybe Northern Utah, southern oregon, southern idaho with a good deal like this? thanks!
Sponsored

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors

Apollyon05

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Explorer, 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Ford dealership Salesman
The October 26th date for order banks opening is confirmed!! By several dealers, I am here as a Salesman at a dealership in AZ confirming that the information is absolute. As per my New Car Sale Director. I would have said something sooner but was on Vacation.

JTmass

First Name
Joaquin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Ranger
My reservation is with @Granger right now. I asked them if it is true that MSRP = Invoice on the Lightning. They replied that invoice will be less than MSRP. I don't know what to believe right now. As @BennyTheBeaver said, it isn't worth it to me to travel from Arizona to Iowa only for a $1,000 discount. (For what it is worth, I was under the impression Granger didn't charge the D&D $1,695 fee based on one of their posts. However, they confirmed that the D&D fee is in the price paid.) I guess I will find out when the order bank opens.
Horsham @dealerinsider told me that MSRP = invoice and they're doing the same deal. I've seen it said multiple places that MSRP is invoice. So I'd like to know which is correct.

Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 KR F150
It's not up to Ford, dealers can price the vehicles how they want.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
It's not up to Ford, dealers can price the vehicles how they want.
I'm not sure who started "MSRP=invoive" but Ford sells the trucks to the dealers at invoice and that's it. They can't tell the dealership they have to sell at MSRP. That's why it's called

MANUFACTURER SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
I'm not sure who started "MSRP=invoive"
Ford did! The invoice on Mustang Mach-E was the same as invoice amount. It will be the same on F15 Lightning. So far these are the only Ford vehicles where invoice is the same a MSRP.
Ford sells the trucks to the dealers at invoice and that's it.
No, that's not it. Ford also provides a number of incentives to the dealer that means that the dealer actually pays less for the vehicle than the invoice amount.That allows the dealer to make money even if they sell the vehicle to the customer at the same price as invoice.
They can't tell the dealership they have to sell at MSRP
They can't tell them, but they can strongly encourage them. And they have on a number of occasions with MME, when dealers broke their commitment on the order price.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
They can't tell them, but they can strongly encourage them. And they have on a number of occasions with MME, when dealers broke their commitment on the order price
Why would they want to? Ford makes no money on prices over invoices.

So Ford is selling at MSRP to the dealership?

Mach-e selling at MSRP is different than MSRP=invoice.

I would need to see a letter from ford and mach-e invoice

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek

Here is my understanding:

Ford sells a vehicle to all dealers for "invoice" which will be the same amount for the same vehicle everywhere. However that isn't really what the dealer pays as there are a number of incentives including "holdback" which reduce that actual cost to the dealer, these may be location based or vary for any number of reasons.

MSRP is what Ford recommends the vehicle to be sold for. For the MME and now the Lightning Ford is setting the MSRP to match the invoice price. Ford is also discouraging dealers from advertising prices less that MSRP while also asking dealer to not mark up above MSRP. Essentially Ford is trying to get control of the final price to the consumer like Tesla has.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech

There is no letter from Ford on invoice pricing that you can get ahold of - that contract is between Ford and your independent Ford dealers.

Manufacturer to dealer incentives vary but that's how the dealer makes their money.

Volume sales, quarterly target numbers, regional incentives, customer satisfaction, PDI service billings, and holdbacks all contribute towards the dealer's profit line.

What Ford it trying to do is set the price so that those that order ahead will be honored at the price during the build.

OTOH a dealer that orders their own inventory, can add dealer add ons (alarm, tint, paint protection, door guards, undercarriage spray, etc) and then mark up a premium on top of that.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
You'd have to ask Ford. Ford gets less than invoice from dealer. There are holdbacks and various allowances.
No, Ford sells at invoce price. It's just that with MME, invoice and MSRP are the same.
No, it's not. Since MSRP is the same as invoice, you could say that Ford is selling MME at MSRP, but really it's just the same as invoice. The cost to dealer is lower than invoice.
Feel free to contact Ford, but this has been widely reported. Here is one example:
https://www.car-buying-strategies.com/dealer-invoice/ford-mustang-mach-e-prices.html

auromed

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Highlander
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, and of course my ignorance on this - but will we see the final pricing and available option packages at some date prior to the order bank opening, or is that info and the ordering all one in the same on 10/26? Just curious from those of you who waited for other Ford order dates in the past, like MME/Bronco?

I was looking today at the Bronco ordering process, which seems to be pretty close in process to this. It seems like the order guide was released about a week before orders went live from what I saw. So, maybe we'll see a Lightning order guide with all the details closer to the middle of the month.

WhadayanoJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Government
I was just contacted by my dealer who told me ordering starts on 10/28. Don't know if anyone else has gotten something similar.

Also, on another note, if I picked a dealer can I still place my order online? If so how does that work?
Sponsored