• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
Yes pricing, Liberal government just got voted in yesterday up here in Canada and they are proposing a 10% luxury tax on vehicles over $100k in Jan 2022. You would think electric would be exempt but I don’t know all the ins and outs just yet , but 10% on top would be too much for me to go Platinum. Assuming platinum will be over $100k CDN which is a pretty safe bet if it’s around $89k USD.
I just looked that up as I am going with a platinum. It isn't as bad as you think. It is either 10% of the total value OR 20% of the value above $100k so a $108k would only be an additional $1,200. The platinum with every option is supposed to come in at $110k, so with no options I would estimate probably maybe $105k
Still sucks as we pay enough tax but isn't a deal breaker.
Still think the EV credit shouldn't have a cap on the amount and just apply to the amount of tax that is payable instead if a refund.
Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I mean that might be the case. If it is the case, then I assume most of us will not be in that first wave regardless of Reservation Time Stamp. For will prioritize those who have industry influence first.
If they deliver vehicles to media/influencers, I would think will get vehicles that are outside of the planned production for orders/reservations. Hell I'm sure Ford is monitoring this forum, send us all our trucks first. People over in mach-e world got their gt and gtpe before the media and well before the media is able to publish.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I mean that might be the case. If it is the case, then I assume most of us will not be in that first wave regardless of Reservation Time Stamp. For will prioritize those who have industry influence first.
You mean the YouTubers and influencers ??

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
You mean the YouTubers and influencers ??
The first mach-e gt videos published to the web were not from an established YouTube/influencer. In fact I think the media still is under embargo on that vehicle and many individuals have taken delivery.

Who knows what will happen but the f-150 really is an everyone vehicle and so if hope Ford is true to it's customers and delivers vehicles to us 'regular folks' in the promised 'spring' timeline. May they have media vehicles and media events before this.... probably. I mean they're already having events with the prototype vehicles. As long as I'm seeing retail deliveries happen in the time frame promised, I'll be happy. (Like Ford gives a crap if I'm upset about this)

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
If they deliver vehicles to media/influencers, I would think will get vehicles that are outside of the planned production for orders/reservations. Hell I'm sure Ford is monitoring this forum, send us all our trucks first. People over in mach-e world got their gt and gtpe before the media and well before the media is able to publish.
I think that was a good call considering Mach-E owners aren’t too happy with the Performance of the GT.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I think that was a good call considering Mach-E owners aren’t too happy with the Performance of the GT.
I'm kinda conflicted cause honestly I'm not a person concerned with drag race results. But I understand the complaint. However, remember that the people complaining online are like .1% or less of customers. I think here we have about 0.3% of all lightning reservations represented and a lot of the people on the reservation list almost never post.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I'm kinda conflicted cause honestly I'm not a person concerned with drag race results. But I understand the complaint. However, remember that the people complaining online are like .1% or less of customers. I think here we have about 0.3% of all lightning reservations represented and a lot of the people on the reservation list almost never post.
I mean with a Lightning probably not, although Ford claiming it’s the fastest F-150 will make some want to go out and check that claim. To me Range will be more important to be honest.

With the Mustang Mach-E GT it is about Drag Racing or at least being faster than non GT’s.

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Antimatter Blue F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Math

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
What exactly did you change? I just pre-ordered a F150 Lightnings, no price no spec nothing, so just nothing to change.
I assume he changed the dealer who the reservation was linked to. Nothing about the truck itself.

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
I assume he changed the dealer who the reservation was linked to. Nothing about the truck itself.
Sorry I was not clear. Yes, I changed the dealer.

Last edited:

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I spoke to a Ford Fleet rep this week. He said the same thing about the order bank opening late-October. His take on first deliveries was June for dealership deliveries and July for fleet deliveries. I doubt this guy had any special information just relaying what I've heard.

EVSport7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Kia Sorento Hybrid
Due to franchise laws you have to purchase through a dealer. Ford is doing their best to make the process easy so if it is like the Mach-E this is the sequence of events:

You build out the Lightning online and "submit" it. That build goes into a holding website with the dealership you selected called eCommerce Handling Portal. The dealer then must review it, accept it, send it over to WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering if I remember correctly), and away you go. Pricing is determined by the dealership. Lightning has a different pricing structure so MSRP = Invoice pricing now. Dealers are allowed to charge over MSRP should they choose so I recommend getting signed documentation to back up your price when the vehicle arrives. I've seen several people burned on Bronco which is unfortunate. I work at a dealership and we suffer every time one out of the over 3000 dealers does something stupid like that.
Do you by chance have any examples of this type of document? Reading some of these horror stories with markups is giving me pause on ordering the Lightning at all. I really want a Pro model to save money and then get something nicer in 3-5 years when they have dedicated EV platforms (and hopefully lower battery prices), but it doesn't make sense to pay a huge markup on that model

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
Reading some of these horror stories with markups is giving me pause on ordering the Lightning at all. I really want a Pro model to save money and then get something nicer in 3-5 years when they have dedicated EV platforms (and hopefully lower battery prices), but it doesn't make sense to pay a huge markup on that model
I had the same concern. I decided to move my reservation to Granger since they are well known on this forum not to play games. It is a hassle to make the trip, but I didn't want to worry about any surprises. (I contacted about a dozen forum members for their experience. Every one of them raved about the experience.)

I was pretty set on the Lariat Premium, but this week I think I have decided to go with the Pro for the same reasons you mentioned. I really want the ER battery, but I think I will just upgrade after 3 - 5 years with the Pro.
Sponsored