• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
You're worried about Ford messing up a product launch because the order bank didn't open on a never authorized and verified date?
Agree completely about the overreaction by some people. The only think that Ford Corporate has promised publicly is that orders will start in Fall 2021. The season ends in mid-December, so we have plenty of time to make that deadline.
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
You're worried about Ford messing up a product launch because the order bank didn't open on a never authorized and verified date?
This was really just another straw that pushed me in this direction, for now. Ford has screwed up the Bronco and Explorer launches. Everyone should be worried about them screwing this up. Not only chip shortages, but component and final assembly quality have hurt product launches. They even had windows come off the Mach-E after mocking Tesla for the same issue.

Also, don't forget, the Roush plant is using some very new production tech as well. Maybe not bleeding edge but they're pushing there. It's a pretty damn amazing thing they're doing. However that can also lead to unexpected problems.

I haven't given up on the Lightning. I'm still more likely to get one before I could get a Rivian. There are Pros and Cons for each product as well. Heck, I might even put a reservation in on a Sierra EV. The only EV truck I've given up on is the Cybertruck. Who the heck knows when that thing will see production.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
I should put in a Rivian order just so I have a preorder on all 3 ;)
It's refundable.. so why not. The only downside is that it's $1000.
Also, I'm hoping to get a test drive of the R1T. Rivian has made it clear that you have to have an pre-order in to have a chance at a test drive.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
FWIW it doesn't seem like the Lightning will have that many options-- outside of Blue Cruise and the trailer tow package. It seems like most features are bundled with the trim levels.. I'm thinking(hoping) that's going to be much easier to handle than the Bronco with multiple wheels, tops, engines, off road stuff..on top of the normal radio options, interior appointments, etc.

There doesn't seem to be too many different configurations... that should speed things up in production.
I think (and hope) the opposite will be true. There are lot of options that can be selected on the ICE F-150 and I see no reason why many (or most) of them would not also be available on the Lightning. Personally I thought the Bronco had too many model/trim levels and not enough options, as a result I was never able to spec out my dream machine (at a reasonable price anyway).

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
I think (and hope) the opposite will be true. There are lot of options that can be selected on the ICE F-150 and I see no reason why many (or most) of them would not also be available on the Lightning. Personally I thought the Bronco had too many model/trim levels and not enough options, as a result I was never able to spec out my dream machine (at a reasonable price anyway).
Keep in mind that many F150 ICE options are based on the fact that it has an ICE power plant. But, you're still right that they are lacking in options. I'd like to see an FX4 or Tremor package for more off road capability.

That said, this is still speculation on our part. We just won't know until the order guide or configurator come online.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I'd like to see an FX4 or Tremor package for more off road capability.
I'd like to see this too, however, I doubt Gen 1 they would include these options. Each of these options would need testing and design due to the differences in the Lightning's Drive Train and Suspension. I think 2023 or '24 might see some of these.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I'd like to see this too, however, I doubt Gen 1 they would include these options. Each of these options would need testing and design due to the differences in the Lightning's Drive Train and Suspension. I think 2023 or '24 might see some of these.
Not to mention substantially hurting range.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Not to mention substantially hurting range.
I'd imagine it'd definitely have an impact. Though, off-road options typically involve driving the truck at a slower speed, isn't the Lightning least efficient at highway speeds? The vehicle already has ton's of Torque and HP, it'd just involve tuning suspension and then thorough testing (maybe some leveling sensors and additional skid plates/weight). It'd be cool, and would probably sell better, if these packages included new selectable driving modes only available on those packages.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
I'd like to see an FX4 or Tremor package for more off road capability.
From what I can tell the only functional thing the FX4 package adds that would still apply to lightning is shocks and skid plates. Based on what I have seen the skids plates would not be needed as the Lighting is already armored really well. Did I miss something?

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I'd imagine it'd definitely have an impact. Though, off-road options typically involve driving the truck at a slower speed, isn't the Lightning least efficient at highway speeds? The vehicle already has ton's of Torque and HP, it'd just involve tuning suspension and then thorough testing (maybe some leveling sensors and additional skid plates/weight). It'd be cool, and would probably sell better, if these packages included new selectable driving modes only available on those packages.
I'm thinking of typical "off-road" related modifications: If the truck was lifted or had more off-road-focused tires. Both of those things would substantially hurt range.

But, yeah, it would depend on what the packages actually include.

Sponsored

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
While Ford has not officially said 10/26, Ford has provided that info to dealers and did not embargo that info. So dealers shared the info. I view that as official enough.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I called customer service because my reservation disappeared from my account. After she verified that my reservation was still in place (May 22, 2021), the Ford customer service agent said, without prompting, volunteered that I should call my dealer on October 26 to order my truck. I asked if something official had been sent out because of all the confusion and she indicated that something was forthcoming. Assuming she was correct, I do not know what time the order bank will open.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
I called customer service because my reservation disappeared from my account. After she verified that my reservation was still in place (May 22, 2021), the Ford customer service agent said, without prompting, volunteered that I should call my dealer on October 26 to order my truck. I asked if something official had been sent out because of all the confusion and she indicated that something was forthcoming. Assuming she was correct, I do not know what time the order bank will open.
I changed dealers a week ago and was told the same thing. i would like to think the peoples who entire job is dealing with lightning reservations would know more than the average joe.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Any of you that switch dealers end up getting your deposit back?