• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
It almost sounds like the Bronco again. :eek: Which I’m still waiting on, luckily I have a good relationship with Skyline Ford.
The problem is 125k+ reservations. Ford plans on 80k a year (after full ramp up) meaning there's only going to be 120,000 or so delivered by the end of 2023. Which would be fine if they all went to reservations but we know people will cancel and we know the dealerships will whine until they get dealer stock... So it's possible later reservations get pushed to gen 2.
Sponsored

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Farmer/Hillbilly
I am guessing the way it will work on reservations is if someone orders and then cancels when VIN is issued the truck will still be shipped to the dealer and become part of his stock.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
A bit of topic, but just how many largest ford dealers are there? Seems to be there should only be just one (obscure movie reference not intended).
Yeah, that’s why I put “apparently” because I don’t know how to know who is telling the truth.

I believe Galpin in California was legitimately the largest for like 20-something years, and that Brandon Ford beat them in 2019 or so for largest volume dealer.

But if you go to Galpin’s site, they still say “Largest for 25 years running” or something, so I’m guessing it’s a definition thing.

Like largest volume vs largest NEW volume vs largest Sales in dollars, etc.

So, which one is really the largest?

And then I’m sure some have even more qualifiers than that or it was actually a few years ago or whatever.

Who knows?

HtownHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Kia Stinger GT2, 2018 BMW 540i M-Sport
Agree, I am only banking on the $7500 tax credit that is REAL, not a proposal in the legislature.
But there in is the problem. Let’s say you bank on the $7500 and spec out a lariat ER hitting probably $78k+ and congress passes this bill stating with the language that says truck price cap is $74k to qualify. You no longer get any of the rebate, not just the additional $5k being considered. I will be forcing myself to cap the build below $74k so if it gets passed I’m not SOL on the rebate either way.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
It almost sounds like the Bronco again. :eek: Which I’m still waiting on, luckily I have a good relationship with Skyline Ford.
That's where I, currently, am getting my Lightning. Day 1 Reservation.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
But there in is the problem. Let’s say you bank on the $7500 and spec out a lariat ER hitting probably $78k+ and congress passes this bill stating with the language that says truck price cap is $74k to qualify. You no longer get any of the rebate, not just the additional $5k being considered. I will be forcing myself to cap the build below $74k so if it gets passed I’m not SOL on the rebate either way.
If it is anything like the Mach-e, you can change your order up until you have a build date.

euchre_u

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GX460, RX350, EX35
Occupation
Old Farmer - Outstanding in my field
Since no one seems to know anything substantive about the Lightning I’m more interested in getting the over/under on percentage of the tiktok generation getting these arcane movie references.

I will take the "under" line, please . . . .

Sponsored

Gsjdjdjdndb

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 335
Almost no chance you get one in 2022. Summer/Fall 2023 is probably your best hope, even that may not be guaranteed.

Order preference is based off Reservation Timestamp. If you didn't reserve in the first week, you aren't getting one in 2022 unless a dealer screws someone over and sells it for a ridiculous markup.
yeah spoke to a dealer too came to the same conclusion a year+ cancelled my reservation yesterday.

I’ll take my chances of dealers just getting stock and selling it lol.

I’m seeing Broncos listed at dealers online don’t know if they are real or not.

Gsjdjdjdndb

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 335
Manufacturers really need to stop with this retarded reservation shit. Or placing orders for shit 2 years+ out.

Just ship to dealers and let them sell them. You either get one or you don’t, or you place an order and wait at that time, whatever weight time is.

and we were making fun of Tesla missing timelines

Easycamper

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 XLT 5.0L, 2018 PacHy, 2013 Volt
Reservations are a marketing tool to generate media coverage. When people stop getting excited over reservation numbers (especially Tesla) manufacturers will stop doing it.
Sponsored