• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Does anyone know when the online configurator goes online ?

It has to be any day now, especially if the 10/26 order bank date is correct...

For reference, the MME configurator was released in 11/2019 and the order bank opened in 4/2020 (I think).
Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition

It has to be any day now, especially if the 10/26 order bank date is correct...

For reference, the MME configurator was released in 11/2019 and the order bank opened in 4/2020 (I think).
Ordering for MME opened late June 2020, and there really was not much to configure.

JTmass

First Name
Joaquin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Ranger
Where did that come from. I haven't seen anything about it opening up before Oct. 26th. Would love to get in early and play around.
Trying to find it, I believe I saw it in the Facebook group the day that the order bank opening was revealed.

To clarify, the configurator is allegedly going to be available 10/13 but nothing was said about placing an order that day. Just playing around with making your build. As I said, it's a totally unconfirmed rumor so I guess we'll have to see when the 13th rolls around. If it's wrong, well we've only got 2 weeks to wait after that (hopefully.)

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Trying to find it, I believe I saw it in the Facebook group the day that the order bank opening was revealed.

To clarify, the configurator is allegedly going to be available 10/13 but nothing was said about placing an order that day. Just playing around with making your build. As I said, it's a totally unconfirmed rumor so I guess we'll have to see when the 13th rolls around. If it's wrong, well we've only got 2 weeks to wait after that (hopefully.)
Yeah, I figured it wouldn't be orders. Likely not evening pricing if it opened early. Would still like to play around and see what configuration options there are and what I want.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
All I am going to say is trust in what @Pioneer74 has posted, I mean not only is he legit but he posted screenshot with the date. Anything earlier would be awesome though.

Sponsored

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator

fitek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit 350EXT
The sources for that information was a reader who contacted their dealer. Doesn’t seem like a credible enough source to base an article upon ?
These days you can publish an article based on even less than that! I wrote for my high school paper when I was 15 and the standards were higher...

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
When does the website show 2022 ICE for build? Right now, it is still showing 2021 ICE under build your vehicle. I assume ICE configuration is available before lightning…

fitek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit 350EXT
My dealer said although Oct 26th might be the target date, Ford has missed their internal date by several weeks in the past, so don't hold your breath. Could be Nov or Dec.

OnceAnEagle

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F 150 Lariat Supercab Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Are dealers explaining potential delays due to microprocessor shortages? Anyone know how many chips these trucks use?​

Sponsored

Tomf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion energi
Occupation
Construction Operations
Are dealers explaining potential delays due to microprocessor shortages? Anyone know how many chips these trucks use?​
When I was at an event, one of the Ford employees said that where something like a new iPhone would have around 12 chips, each lightning has about 1800. He seemed more concerned with that than batteries.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
My dealer wouldn't give me a date but they said "a few weeks".

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
When I was at an event, one of the Ford employees said that where something like a new iPhone would have around 12 chips, each lightning has about 1800. He seemed more concerned with that than batteries.
Yes but the chips in short supply are older style chips and they may have designed the lightning to use fewer of those and more newer style chips that are not in short supply. Only time will tell

Kiggulak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, 2013 Focus EV, 2019 Model 3LR
Yes but the chips in short supply are older style chips and they may have designed the lightning to use fewer of those and more newer style chips that are not in short supply. Only time will tell
Watch the InsideEV podcast with Darren Palmer he explains more on what types of chips are limiting production and why EVs are less limited by the shortage. Even more reason to get a Pro with manual seats ...

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
My dealer said although Oct 26th might be the target date, Ford has missed their internal date by several weeks in the past, so don't hold your breath. Could be Nov or Dec.
That's a good, and very correct, point.
Sponsored