• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
My dealer is a pretty large one and have been good about staying in touch. They said they were told orders will start October 26th. I am in all likelihood (based on numbers here and elsewhere) in the top 5k-6k order numbers. Here's hoping :)

Update: confirmed by internal system screenshots posted by @Pioneer74 below in this thread.

OP got good information. Lightning order bank opens October 26th -- from Ford internal system.

Ford F-150 Lightning October 26 is apparently NOT when 2022 F-150 Lightning ordering begins (order bank opens) F150 Lightning Order Bank Opens October 26
Ford F-150 Lightning October 26 is apparently NOT when 2022 F-150 Lightning ordering begins (order bank opens) F150 Lightning Order Bank Opens October 26
Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Unless they showed you some documents from Ford stating this, I'll believe an order date once we get communication from Ford. I have a feeling reservation holders will get an email at the same time they send the information to dealers. It's my understanding with the mach-e orders can be submitted online and I don't see why the lightning would be any different. I don't plan to rely on a dealership to place an order for me.

OP
OP
pstansel

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
That's why I said here's hoping ;) I honestly have no idea if you will be able to order without a dealer or not. If memory serves, we were forced to pick a dealer when we put the preorder down right?

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
That's why I said here's hoping ;) I honestly have no idea if you will be able to order without a dealer or not. If memory serves, we were forced to pick a dealer when we put the preorder down right?
I think he meant not having to physically go to the dealer. Personally I will be there so we can sign the order form with the stated price

OP
OP
pstansel

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I think he meant not having to physically go to the dealer. Personally I will be there so we can sign the order form with the stated price
Oooh ok gotcha.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Unless they showed you some documents from Ford stating this, I'll believe an order date once we get communication from Ford. I have a feeling reservation holders will get an email at the same time they send the information to dealers. It's my understanding with the mach-e orders can be submitted online and I don't see why the lightning would be any different. I don't plan to rely on a dealership to place an order for me.
Was the Mach-E orders done completely online ?
Or did those orders need a dealer ?
How would pricing be - MSRP or above sticker (dealer add ons / markups) ???

BottledLightning

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crown Vic, Explorer
Was the Mach-E orders done completely online ?
Or did those orders need a dealer ?
How would pricing be - MSRP or above sticker (dealer add ons / markups) ???
Due to franchise laws you have to purchase through a dealer. Ford is doing their best to make the process easy so if it is like the Mach-E this is the sequence of events:

You build out the Lightning online and "submit" it. That build goes into a holding website with the dealership you selected called eCommerce Handling Portal. The dealer then must review it, accept it, send it over to WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering if I remember correctly), and away you go. Pricing is determined by the dealership. Lightning has a different pricing structure so MSRP = Invoice pricing now. Dealers are allowed to charge over MSRP should they choose so I recommend getting signed documentation to back up your price when the vehicle arrives. I've seen several people burned on Bronco which is unfortunate. I work at a dealership and we suffer every time one out of the over 3000 dealers does something stupid like that.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
OP got good information. Lightning order bank opens October 26th.

Lightning1.PNG

Lightning2.PNG
Great to finally have a date to look forward too. Wonder if they will open op the configurator a few days early to let people play? I also wonder how they will handle the "batching" of orders by reservation slot. How big will the groups be and how long between groups.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
? it’s happening!

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
This matches with a recent comment from Darren Palmer about significant new EV information coming in the next 3 weeks. I'm assuming the configurator will go live within that time frame, which would be a few weeks before the order bank opens.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
For those that have done it, how long does it take to change dealers?
Took me less than 5 minutes on the phone to move my Bronco reservation
Sponsored