• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
For those that have done it, how long does it take to change dealers?
The trick is that when you call (800) 334-4375 you need to tell them you are "purchasing" a Lightning. I changed my reservation a few weeks ago and it took two tries. The first was routed to some other department. I was then told that I needed to say I am purchasing a Lightning so I would get routed to the correct department. Once I had the right person, I simply gave them my reservation ID, name, address and email and done.
Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
The trick is that when you call (800) 334-4375 you need to tell them you are "purchasing" a Lightning. I changed my reservation a few weeks ago and it took two tries. The first was routed to some other department. I was then told that I needed to say I am purchasing a Lightning so I would get routed to the correct department. Once I had the right person, I simply gave them my reservation ID, name, address and email and done.
Plus the new dealer name (I assume).

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
Not to be completely off subject or stray into politics but we all need to be continually aware of the importance of putting new information into the correct 'box'. In this thread the report of information shared by a member's dealer in a conversation soon went to a headline. Of course, it also soon was backed up by a screenshot but no official source.

I have pushed my social sources to add a input byline to all posts that included checking a box categorizing the post as 1) Gossip or 2) Sourced but Unsubstantiated or 3) Official Source with Pathway.

Before we all go crazy over a #1) post we have a responsibility to sift that information for truthiness and not be party to crowd sourced fantasy.

Hoping to have my Lightning order sooner than later I am happy this original post was spot on. But be aware, Donlon is a fleet manager and that date may apply only to fleet sales.

Sponsored
OP
OP
pstansel

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
Fair enough. I get not getting too excited. I wish I had an official source but signs seem positive.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Of course, it also soon was backed up by a screenshot but no official source.
The source of my screenshot is Ford Motor Company. Do you want a notorized letter from Bill Ford next time for authentication?

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
The source of my screenshot is Ford Motor Company. Do you want a notorized letter from Bill Ford next time for authentication?
While you're communicating with Mr. Ford, could you request I be placed first in line for delivery?

Last edited:

TXLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
On the Reddit thread, people are talking about Ford taking orders in waves I.e. not all preorders will be able to place an order when the order banks open. Any thoughts on this or guesses how many preorders will be invited to place an order?

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
On the Reddit thread, people are talking about Ford taking orders in waves I.e. not all preorders will be able to place an order when the order banks open. Any thoughts on this or guesses how many preorders will be invited to place an order?
I think it’s most likely they will schedule builds in waves, not orders. Doesn’t make sense

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I think it’s most likely they will schedule builds in waves, not orders. Doesn’t make sense
I thought I had read (but can't find the link) that Ford would be opening up the orders in waves to better align with the reservation timestamps. Kind of a lesson learned from Mach-e and Bronco. I guess we will all have to wait and see.

bfjeld

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ram 1500 Sport , 2014 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Power Engineer
Yes pricing, Liberal government just got voted in yesterday up here in Canada and they are proposing a 10% luxury tax on vehicles over $100k in Jan 2022. You would think electric would be exempt but I don’t know all the ins and outs just yet , but 10% on top would be too much for me to go Platinum. Assuming platinum will be over $100k CDN which is a pretty safe bet if it’s around $89k USD.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I thought I had read (but can't find the link) that Ford would be opening up the orders in waves to better align with the reservation timestamps. Kind of a lesson learned from Mach-e and Bronco. I guess we will all have to wait and see.
I mean that might be the case. If it is the case, then I assume most of us will not be in that first wave regardless of Reservation Time Stamp. For will prioritize those who have industry influence first.
Sponsored