• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
I saw this article saying the order bank won't open until 2022. 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Orders Likely Not to Start this Month - Motor Illustrated

I sure hope this is wrong!
I just ran across that as well.. actually I ran across the source article referenced which attributes this new information to a dealership in Florida with absolutely no supporting evidence. Not saying the 26th is real but I am confident that there is no factual information in that article.

Edit: in summary, no need to take the click-bait
Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma

GreasyLightning47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota, Lexus
Just got this email from my dealer:

“I was going to send out an email tomorrow with that information attached. You beat me to it. Yes, Ford has on its training web site that they are in fact opening order banks on Tuesday, October 26th. I am very excited to take all the orders for the new Lightning. Any other information, such as an ordering guide, I will also be sharing so you can get an idea before we take the orders.

Thank you and have a great day!”

Folks on this forum have access to information sooner than our dealerships.???
Send that ordering guide this way ;)

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
[…] which attributes this new information to a dealership in Florida with absolutely no supporting evidence […]
I’ll go by my local dealer’s Oct. 26 date until we have corroboration outside of that… bastion of reliability.

Garybiker

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMCYukon
How is this ordering process likely to work? I assume most of us have not yet seen let alone ridden in or driven a Lightening. We are expected to select our desired model, color and options based on written material and pictures. At some point will we be able to make minor or major changes?

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
How is this ordering process likely to work? I assume most of us have not yet seen let alone ridden in or driven a Lightening. We are expected to select our desired model, color and options based on written material and pictures. At some point will we be able to make minor or major changes?
Based on the Mach-e, you can make any changes you want until you have a scheduled build date / VIN. At that point you are locked in.

FirstFordFirstTruck

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 BMW 750 il
Occupation
Engineer
I'm not sure I understand your question. Granger and Horsham are just like your local dealer. Granger says they will contact me when the order bank opens and we will go through it together to place an order. I assume they will email the final contract to me for review and to sign and collect a deposit. When the vehicle is delivered to Granger, I either go and pick it up or arrange to have it shipped to me. Let me know if that doesn't answer your question. In all fairness, this is my first time buying from Granger. I can give you a list of forum members privately who bought through through Granger who may be better qualified to answer your questions.
I went through the order process for the Maverick with Chapman. They do draw a lot of buyers with their pricing. I think they had 400 Maverick orders and growing. The allocation system is supposed to balance that out. They would get a lot more allocations to account for their volume, so them having a lot of orders shouldn’t cause a delay (I think - I don’t know if this is how it really works out)

bboy_72

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I saw this article saying the order bank won't open until 2022. 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Orders Likely Not to Start this Month - Motor Illustrated

I sure hope this is wrong!
May be true, maybe not. It looks like the rumor started because some dude called his dealer, and they said that orders wouldn’t start until later. I’m not sure this is news, as a technical definition.

https://carbuzz.com/news/ford-f-150-lightning-orders-may-not-start-until-2022

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro

triplej438

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14 Ecoboost F-150 XLT, 21 MachE Premium XAWD
Just wanted to throw my hat in the ring and let everyone know as soon as I get the pricing info etc. for the Lightning I will be happy share with everyone. Ordering IS scheduled to open the 26th, per FMC dealer connection. I have been checking it every few days itching to know how much my Lariat is going to cost me :eek:

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Unconfirmed rumor that it's going live on October 13th.
Where did that come from. I haven't seen anything about it opening up before Oct. 26th. Would love to get in early and play around.
Sponsored