First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I saw ad for the 2021 on my Facebook feed in the last few days. No pictures were posted, but the prices were indicative of Lariet high and above.
These ads were from the dealer I ordered my vehicle from.
Debating on whether or not I should take a ride up and have a look.
But, not really interested in the upscale trucks at all.
Too much stuff that I would never use or care to learn about.
AC , tilt, cruise, buckets—- that will keep me pretty happy
Power windows, power seat, and a Bluetooth phone connection are just perks

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
The picture shows tailgate and it's a Platinum. Look at the bottom pad on the drivers seat in these photos. That leather is missed up. I wonder if these are just photos of a truck "Ford drive event" had taken around for viewing and they just took photos of it to look like they had one. Seems to early yet for dealers to be receiving any.

Ford F-150 (Oct 27) Report on 2021 F-150 Production Update and Constraints 96cd73b800b84c1ebceaeadeab7f9aa9
Ford F-150 (Oct 27) Report on 2021 F-150 Production Update and Constraints e2910f9eb8db4b379043583f3864eb17

chrisp993

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 Platinum, '15 Audi S4, Spec Iron Mustang
Noticed some of the photos are waterfront and one of the interior shots appears to show promotional material in the upper section ... getting a bit "CSI Ford" but I agree w/Bob that I don't think these photos were from the dealership!

Meantime, anyone else find it odd there are no media reviews of the F150 yet ... if trucks are hitting dealerships, this is well overdue and a bit puzzling ....

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Noticed some of the photos are waterfront and one of the interior shots appears to show promotional material in the upper section ... getting a bit "CSI Ford" but I agree w/Bob that I don't think these photos were from the dealership!

Meantime, anyone else find it odd there are no media reviews of the F150 yet ... if trucks are hitting dealerships, this is well overdue and a bit puzzling ....
That is a good point, there are many dealer and customer reviews from the Ford ride events on you tube. But I have not see or read any of the commercial/truck mag reviews you usually see about this time.

Sponsored

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
That is a good point, there are many dealer and customer reviews from the Ford ride events on you tube. But I have not see or read any of the commercial/truck mag reviews you usually see about this time.

I think all of the trucks are in route. They will be there in days, but I haven’t found any online that are actually on the lot. Just a little marketing.

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
100% photoshopped from this ford event... super obvious that it wasn’t actually in front of their brick wall. I don’t think any have made it to dealerships yet.
Good detective work! Nothing new with a lying car dealership. Lol

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Good detective work! Nothing new with a lying car dealership. Lol
Yeah, I searched autotrader earlier and no one had a real image. This one was obviously photoshopped. It just didn’t add up. Others were on to them too. I expect them to hit lots within a few days, but they aren’t there yet.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tomorrow I hope to get this weeks production info, as before I will add it to a new thread to keep it separate and easy to see.

This is a quote from Jim Farley that was given recently and was a positive indication.

Farley says the changeover of the F-150, the automaker’s most important product, is running smoothly with a methodical sell-down of older models. “I’m delighted to say that we’re in good shape in important areas of readiness for these launches. Software, the hardware engineering is done, supplier manufacturing readiness looks great.

“In fact, right now all-new F-150s are rolling off the line in Dearborn as we speak and production will soon start at Kansas City (MO),” he says.

Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I have been in touch with two Ford dealers now. The dealers know what is coming, but Ford has not told them when. They are encouraged by the 'Just Arrived' tags on the Ford Inventory search.

A few folks said they were shopping GMC, which I have looked at too. If I were going to ditch my 2021 plan, I would still go 2020 Ford. There is a fully loaded Platinum here in town that for the right money would be tempting. Also, GMC is about to update the interior for 2022 to mirror the Yukon and be more in line with competitors.

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Tomorrow I hope to get this weeks production info, as before I will add it to a new thread to keep it separate and easy to see.

This is a quote from Jim Farley that was given recently and was a positive indication.

Farley says the changeover of the F-150, the automaker’s most important product, is running smoothly with a methodical sell-down of older models. “I’m delighted to say that we’re in good shape in important areas of readiness for these launches. Software, the hardware engineering is done, supplier manufacturing readiness looks great.

“In fact, right now all-new F-150s are rolling off the line in Dearborn as we speak and production will soon start at Kansas City (MO),” he says.
As always, thank you for this. I am glad to see that the production is going well. I’ll be anxiously awaiting the update and hopefully there is some good work surface news.

2021PLAT!

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 platinum
Occupation
Small Business owner
I just ordered the same 2 options on my super crew sport. Getting aftermarket 20's cuz I hate the dark alloy 20's. I wonder how late this will make our builds. I went powerboost as well
Will u be selling those stock black 20s?

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation