First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
The big question is how is is assembled, and can it be swapped out? Sometimes it’s one-way plastic snaps etc. im in the same boat. I’m about to delete it, and see if it has value to replace it later. I don’t think anyone has seen a “non Folding console”
Agree. At worst case, I was hoping it would just be a lid replace. Time will tell.
Sponsored

Reactions: Dut

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
Does anyone know how difficult the Individual Trailer TPMS is to add afterwards? I'd hate to delay mine for something that's an easy aftermarket add.
I researched this option months ago, so my memory may be only partially correct, but from what I gathered, if you order that from the factory, you receive it in a couple of boxes as a dealer installed accessory, but the dealers don't actually get paid by Ford to install it, so it will just be left inside the truck in the boxes for you to install yourself.

To add insult to injury, prices from some of the larger dealers that ship parts across the country were actually cheaper than the invoice price of the option.

It did not look difficult to install, but I think it may have needed a scan tool to activate it? But again, I researched using the google back in July, so this may be incorrect.

Sponsored

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I researched this option months ago, so my memory may be only partially correct, but from what I gathered, if you order that from the factory, you receive it in a couple of boxes as a dealer installed accessory, but the dealers don't actually get paid by Ford to install it, so it will just be left inside the truck in the boxes for you to install yourself.

To add insult to injury, prices from some of the larger dealers that ship parts across the country were actually cheaper than the invoice price of the option.

It did not look difficult to install, but I think it may have needed a scan tool to activate it? But again, I researched using the google back in July, so this may be incorrect.
Well that is interesting, that would mean other aftermarket platforms will show up for the F150 then.

Why would you need a scan tool, there was not power to it that I saw in Atlanta?

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Well that is interesting, that would mean other aftermarket platforms will show up for the F150 then.

Why would you need a scan tool, there was not power to it that I saw in Atlanta?
Like I said, I could be wrong on the scan tool. There is a module you are installing that reads the sensors, and configuring the dash screen to list the additional sensors is what I was thinking the scan tool might be needed for, but I cannot remember. There were multiple youtube vides on how to do the install, and it was easy, I just don't remember the details, and I decided against the option since I can add it cheaper myself later. Sorry I'm not more help.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Like I said, I could be wrong on the scan tool. There is a module you are installing that reads the sensors, and configuring the dash screen to list the additional sensors is what I was thinking the scan tool might be needed for, but I cannot remember. There were multiple youtube vides on how to do the install, and it was easy, I just don't remember the details, and I decided against the option since I can add it cheaper myself later. Sorry I'm not more help.
Dang, I would say that is huge help for folks waiting on their delayed order because of the workstation!

This way they know they can easily add it at a later date.

Do you have any links to the you tube video's?? That would really help too.

TommyGun

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT & 2013 Ford Escape
Occupation
Environmental Scientist
TommyGun
They will start hitting the lots the end of Nov. They have been building stock orders for weeks now. The numbers will be low at first, then steadily increase as weeks go by.
Thanks CurryBob

Sponsored

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Dang, I would say that is huge help for folks waiting on their delayed order because of the workstation!

This way they know they can easily add it at a later date.

Do you have any links to the you tube video's?? That would really help too.
I think we are talking about different things now. My responses were about the Trailer TPMS System, not the work surface.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I think we are talking about different things now. My responses were about the Trailer TPMS System, not the work surface.
Ooops, you right, totally different things, my bad. Lol

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Asking the real questions here!
Heck yeah... I’m trying to figure out what to do with my order. This forum has been EXTREMELY informative. I am now curious as to if getting a VIN means it is clean to schedule or that might come later.