Sponsored

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
I spoke with the inventory manager at my local dealership today about the delay. He called his Ford rep to inquire about the delays. According to the rep, the Dearborn facility has plant constraints on Platinums, powerboost, and power running boards. ETA is likely 30 days to clear up. The work surface, on the other hand, is another story. It's coded as "G22 - Supplier Availability". Best guess by the Ford rep was a 90 day delay from now.
Fuckkkkk that’s terrible news lol
Sponsored

Ben Spitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Ford should get a new supplier for the work surface. A 90 day delay could very well send perspective buyers to another truck builder. They are not the only one that builds nice trucks. Very disappointed in that lengthly delay on a featured option that they are pushing so hard to promote....

SBrentnall

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.daxiadigital.com
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Occupation
Digital Marketing
Does anyone know how difficult the Individual Trailer TPMS is to add afterwards? I'd hate to delay mine for something that's an easy aftermarket add.

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Screw, 6.5’, 3.5 EB
Ford should get a new supplier for the work surface. A 90 day delay could very well send perspective buyers to another truck builder. They are not the only one that builds nice trucks. Very disappointed in that lengthly delay on a featured option that they are pushing so hard to promote....
Yes. I was pricing GMC’s last night because of the potential delay. But, then I came to my senses and if I need to I’ll just delete the work surface With the thought I could swap it out later. That’s assuming the shifter still folds down. I have to believe a $165 extra is only the console top and not the shifter too or it would have been more than $165.

Sponsored

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
To be honest, my thoughts have been wondering to other trucks. If the GMC seats weren’t so uncomfortable, I would abandon ship tomorrow. UGH!!!

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
Yes. I was pricing GMC’s last night because of the potential delay. But, then I came to my senses and if I need to I’ll just delete the work surface With the thought I could swap it out later. That’s assuming the shifter still folds down. I have to believe a $165 extra is only the console top and not the shifter too or it would have been more than $165.
I hope you are correct.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Any way to definitively know if the Shifter stows on non-work surface consoles? If so, I would delete the work surface now and try to add it later.
Here is an article.
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/2021-ford-f-150-features
A highlight of the new F-150 is a fold-down console shifter, which is standard in all five-passenger models and lets you deploy an available Interior Work Surface that flips over from the armrest to form a flat desk between the front seats.

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
Here is an article.
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/2021-ford-f-150-features
A highlight of the new F-150 is a fold-down console shifter, which is standard in all five-passenger models and lets you deploy an available Interior Work Surface that flips over from the armrest to form a flat desk between the front seats.
Thanks Bob! I will be making a trip to my dealer on Friday and will probably change my order. I just hope more dominos don’t fall.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Thanks Bob! I will be making a trip to my dealer on Friday and will probably change my order. I just hope more dominos don’t fall.
Amen to that, I'm ready for 2020 to be over with! Lol

Sponsored

TommyGun

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT & 2013 Ford Escape
Occupation
Environmental Scientist
Can someone tell me when to expect the 2021s hitting the lots without orders?

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
How can I confirm that my order has been actually placed with Ford?
Wow, you don't trust your dealer? At early stages of an order that is probably the only place you can check with.

Just because they placed an order doesn't mean Ford has accepted it yet.

Ford usually will pick orders up on their system on Thursday of each week, provided your dealer has allocations for orders. They then process them and check for availability of parts for the options and what not within that order. They will assign a VIN to it and schedule a build week. If parts for a particular order are not available they hold it till they are.

Once you receive a VIN and it is a retail/pre-sold order you can track it here. https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/
I don't think stock orders can be tracked here.

TommyGun
They will start hitting the lots the end of Nov. They have been building stock orders for weeks now. The numbers will be low at first, then steadily increase as weeks go by.

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
The thing is they just don’t tell you... and you wait. If you don’t press them like some of us, no one would ever know. Honestly the dealerships don’t even have this info. They just wait. This year has been wild, they have punted on a lot of orders with certain features.

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
The big question is how is is assembled, and can it be swapped out? Sometimes it’s one-way plastic snaps etc. im in the same boat. I’m about to delete it, and see if it has value to replace it later. I don’t think anyone has seen a “non Folding console”
Sponsored