First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Ok, in order to keep differentiate these and easy to find I decided to make the new report a separate thread. Hope all agree

Looks like Dearborn will reach OKTB 9 Nov, so that is a very good thing. Retail orders are being picked up by Ford so VINs should start rolling out in numbers.

Also don't tell Ford I'm posting these to the public (really)... Lol

Ford F-150 (Oct 27) Report on 2021 F-150 Production Update and Constraints 27OctReport

Ford F-150 (Oct 27) Report on 2021 F-150 Production Update and Constraints 27OctReport2
Sponsored

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I also got some very good news today on my order. It actually moved up a day to the 12 Nov. That is a good thing for it means they a least have some PowerBoost coming in or they would have pushed that date back not forward.

2021 F-150 - VIN 1FTFW1ED1MFA02062
Full History

Status
ETA
Primary
Secondary
Vehicle Location
Status Date / Time
Start Date
End Date
ETA Disposition
In Order ProcessingScheduled to Day (Nov-12-2020)Ford Dearborn Assembly, MISep-26-2020, 11:29 EDTTBDTBDN/A
In Order ProcessingScheduled to Week (Week -of Nov-09-2020)Ford Dearborn Assembly, MISep-19-2020, 08:03 EDTTBDTBDN/A
In Order ProcessingScheduled to Day (Oct-26-2020)Ford Dearborn Assembly, MISep-10-2020, 12:40 EDTTBDTBDN/A
In Order ProcessingScheduled to Week (Week -of Oct-26-2020)Ford Dearborn Assembly, MIAug-20-2020, 07:16 EDTTBDTBDN/A
In Order ProcessingUnscheduled- CleanAug-14-2020, 15:17 EDT

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Ok, in order to keep differentiate these and easy to find I decided to make the new report a separate thread. Hope all agree

Looks like Dearborn will reach OKTB 9 Nov, so that is a very good thing. Retail orders are being picked up by Ford so VINs should start rolling out in numbers.

Also don't tell Ford I'm posting these to the public (really) View attachment 2293 ... Lol

View attachment 2292
Thanks again Bob! This info really helps. I wish they had an ETA on the work surface... I'm so torn on deleting that from my order since there is absolutely no ETA on it. We need a "super-insider" that can tell us what date we are actually looking at on those.

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L

Also don't tell Ford I'm posting these to the public (really) View attachment 2293 ... Lol

View attachment 2292
It is still weird to see that the work surface doesn't have a date, but also doesn't appear on the "into 2021" list... did your source have any feedback on that, or is that a tough question to ask since you don't have that option on your truck? Could you "ask for a friend"? haha.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
It is still weird to see that the work surface doesn't have a date, but also doesn't appear on the "into 2021" list... did your source have any feedback on that, or is that a tough question to ask since you don't have that option on your truck? Could you "ask for a friend"? haha.
He doesn't know either for I have asked already, Heck, I don't thing Ford even knows.

I do wonder what could be causing the issue for the delay, it's not like it's anything that complicated or special materials.

If a company can't keep up or get it started, I would think they could give another company the contract. It just makes no sense to me.

Sponsored

Bills

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 ordered, 2019 JLUR Rubicon
Yeah I’m torn I like the idea of the work surface, but it looks to be something that will push out my build... I have a VIN now but it is a stock order, so I’m not sure if I adjust it what that will do either (plus I want that option)

Coreytime

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
I had originally placed a retail order with the work surface. This was done back in July. I had no vin. The dealer then placed a stock order identical of mine a month ago. It got a vin the following week. I called today and told him to take the work surface off my initial order as it had no vin. I’m just going to take what comes in first. I do not want to wait 3-6 months on the work surface. Ford really could have done a better job with this roll out IMO.

Norheat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 f150 5.0, 2021 F150 hybrid
I question if it's not a quality control issue? The work surface doesn't seem that complicated, it's just a different console lid. Would it be something that they add on at the dealership when they are ready, and just put on a standard top for those who preorder the work station? It would keep people happy, but maybe not because they would have to go back to the dealer. It just seems odd. Must be some issue.

Last edited:

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
That work surface seems like a nice option over the life of the truck, and it seems silly to remove it just to get the truck a few weeks earlier. BUT what if it really is multiple months??? This is pretty important to distinguish for us! If its a few weeks then I will toss the max recline seats back in and just hope for the whole thing to be done before 2020 is over. I don't mind as long as I have a more definite known date!

For those that HAVE seen the max recline seats, in your opinion, do you think those would weigh any more than the normal massage seats?

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
That work surface seems like a nice option over the life of the truck, and it seems silly to remove it just to get the truck a few weeks earlier. BUT what if it really is multiple months??? This is pretty important to distinguish for us! If its a few weeks then I will toss the max recline seats back in and just hope for the whole thing to be done before 2020 is over. I don't mind as long as I have a more definite known date!

For those that HAVE seen the max recline seats, in your opinion, do you think those would weigh any more than the normal massage seats?
Not really but I guess there is an additional small electric motor to push up the lower back flat. I doubt that is much weight to speak of though, 1-3 pds maybe per seat.

Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Their comment about the Hybrid and the work surface makes me believe there are a lot of them on the books or at least they are getting a lot of chatter from dealers as to how to get one built and on their lot. All other models seemed like an afterthought.

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Their comment about the Hybrid and the work surface makes me believe there are a lot of them on the books or at least they are getting a lot of chatter from dealers as to how to get one built and on their lot. All other models seemed like an afterthought.
I think those features are popular, but they do mention a lot of random options in the notes. Just helping dealers get trucks on their lots with the narrative piece in the middle.

No Smoked Quartz in Dearborn anyways so I’m not stressing yet, but getting there...

GoldenGuinea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 Ruby Red Lariat Screw
Bob, is there more on the first line after the 50M w/? It almost seems like its cut off. They also got a lot more specific with which are the ones with no availability. Does that mean a Lariat Chrome package for example does have availability?
Ford F-150 (Oct 27) Report on 2021 F-150 Production Update and Constraints 1603840760695

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Bob, is there more on the first line after the 50M w/? It almost seems like its cut off. They also got a lot more specific with which are the ones with no availability. Does that mean a Lariat Chrome package for example does have availability?
1603840760695.png
The last version just listed the effected interior trim codes, which was all of them.

Jazroc56

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F1-50 Platinum, 2021 F 1-50 Platinum (ordered)
Occupation
Retired Army, Bartender
All this delay without any tangible timetable for resolution is making me seriously consider switching to a TRX until the Raptor arrives....
Sponsored