OBD Link for IOS for FORScan?

Nukem1040

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
I'm new to all this. Is is necessary to buy this expensive OBD Link for IOS laptops? I'm looking to put the HVAC digital knobs in my 22 Platinum and need FORScan to update it. I'm not looking to use this everyday, so if there is something less expensive to get the job done, I'd prefer that.
https://www.obdlink.com/products/obdlink-mxp/?ref=forscan
Sponsored

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I know you can get a adaptor for a windows based computer for about $60 that works well with forscan. I'm not sure about a iPhone bluetooth adaptor. I would be careful though with what you use and not just buy something based on its cheaper. You are reading and writing software coding with it. I also have a platinum so I know what they cost. It would suck to screw up your truck.

JScaro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat 501.5A
Occupation
Beer Drinker
https://www.amazon.com/OBDLink-EX-F...mzn1.fos.18ed3cb5-28d5-4975-8bc7-93deae8f9840

This is a well known and used device. Every time someone runs into a issue 75% of the time it's a cheap cable. I understand why people don't want to spend the money on something they don't plan on using again but you never know. There's a for sale section on this forum and I'm sure you could sell it no problem.

Use the right tool for the job 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
Nukem1040

Nukem1040

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Thanks a lot guys and for understanding where I'm coming from. I just purchased this Amazon one, give it a shot. That's more in the ballpark vs. $150. I'll see how it goes.
Sponsored