Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Are you hiring? :)
The day I discover that they are no longer willing to put up with my shenanigans, I highly recommend someone go grab the baton! It's a dream desk in the IT field.
Sponsored

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
Let's just say that I committed to one of the choices enough to invest substantial time in editing the default gauge graphics.

I'm still one PID shy of my Ngauge tuner that I am going to retire. (oil pressure) I'm sure that it's probably a complicated calculation, but it's obvious that it exists because both the Ngauge and full version of Forscan has the PID.

But here is my current dashboard in Obdlink on an Android phone. The top portion is all ICE related and follows the factory instrument cluster color motif. Or at least I'm still tinkering with it towards that goal. (the vacant spot is for an A/F ratio gauge to replace the Lambda gauge I have been using there.

The bottom half is all Hybrid/EV information and it's fascinating once you become intimate with the relationship between HV current and SOC. You can easily learn to milk the driving conditions that you see out the windshield that the blind truck's logic can't.

Screenshot_20221006-182139.jpg
What PID did you use for state of charge?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They need a way to share dashboards 😍

(Or do they have that?)
They do have a save and an import routine.

You are more than welcome to import the attached file.

The file name OBDLink Android Settings 10092022 includes everything that can be saved. So it might actually mess your existing work up?

Note: you must change the file extension back to ".stg" after you download it because the forum requires specific extensions to attach to a post

Ford F-150 OBD Fusion PIDs Screenshot_20221009_221533

The second file called dashboard will be just whatever that is and the User-defined pid that I created for OAR since that's a hard one to find and I wouldn't want you to do without it

Ford F-150 OBD Fusion PIDs Screenshot_20221009_223400

Attachments

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Also note that I never deleted the default dashboard(s), so the dashboard that I spent all those ridiculous hours on is about 3 or 4 swipes to get to.

Hope it imports and works for you. :)

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
@Snakebitten I'm having issues with the two attachments you posted. Neither come up and I don't have an option to download. Also, is there any chance that the OBDLink app allows you to export all of the PIDs, or a list of them, that come with the Ford/Lincoln/Mercury pack? I'd be interested in seeing what all they offer that isn't in with Torque Pro.

Also, for others, I have a list of PIDs that you can import into Torque Pro for Powerboost trucks to monitor some of the hybrid components. Some of them come up automatically when you connect, but there are a few others that do not. It is a combination of a couple other PID exports that I found from other Ford hybrids and with a few things deleted that didn't seem to work. I want to connect to my truck again one more time tomorrow to make sure I removed all of the stuff that wasn't doing anything and then I can post it.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@imnuts
I might not be understanding what you described as "neither comes up and I don't have an option to download"?

Do you mean in the post above with the two fake pdf attachments (they are not .pdf files, but rather .stg files) your browser won't let you download them?

As far as what can be exported from OBDLink, in that post above it lists all the categories that can be chosen to include in an export file. Only user-defined pids, as far as I can tell, can be exported.

My export file only includes the Octane Adjust Ratio OAR pid that I was fortunate to find the formula on a Focus RS forum.

Last edited:

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I might not be understanding what you described as "neither comes up and I don't have an option to download"?

Do you mean in the post above with the two fake pdf attachments (they are not .pdf files, but rather .stg files) your browser won't let you download them?
Yeah, on my computer, a new window would open and then give me a fail to load error. I was just able to download it on my phone though. I think it was because the browser wanted to open it as a PDF and it wasn't a PDF file.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ahhhh, yea a mobile browser is the only way I experience forums. :)
I think a desktop browser would require a right-click option of some kind?

Sponsored

Spidergears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
So, I'm using ODBLink, but started playing with some of this today.

One of the first thing I started looking at was the various temperature parameters. While different pids, many seem to be redundant.

Ford F-150 OBD Fusion PIDs 1674424613179

The top two here are SAE pids. The remainder are Ford specific that seem to be available only when using the Ford add-on.

A couple of things I'm having trouble finding that go hand in hand:
1. What is the actual pid being used?
2. What's the location of the sensors being read? That would provide a decent amount of context.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You will definitely see redundancy between SAE and the vehicle specific pids.

Afterall, with 1500+ pids, there's a lot of overlap, depending on what you are aiming to accomplish.

Spidergears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
You will definitely see redundancy between SAE and the vehicle specific pids.

Afterall, with 1500+ pids, there's a lot of overlap, depending on what you are aiming to accomplish.
SAE and vehicle specific I get overlapping. I guess I’m surprised there are vehicle specific pids that overlap with one another.

Jjdh

First Name
Jerimey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Hvac
I have a 22 platinum. The device I have is the mx+. I am new to the device. My 2017 f150 I had the ngauge and the rtd+ tuner. Im looking to monitor knockr, iat2, oar, and boost. I have not found oar, or the knock r. Any advice?
Is the fusion app better than the obd app that connects to the mx+ that comes with the mx ?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a 22 platinum. The device I have is the mx+. I am new to the device. My 2017 f150 I had the ngauge and the rtd+ tuner. Im looking to monitor knockr, iat2, oar, and boost. I have not found oar, or the knock r. Any advice?
Is the fusion app better than the obd app that connects to the mx+ that comes with the mx ?
The app that is provided with the MX+ (OBDLink) has the PIDs you are asking for. Of course you have to add the Ford/Lincoln/Mercury in-app package to the app.

It will not have OAR, but I can provide you the formula for that and you can build a "user defined" Pid.
Sponsored